Obama beats a federal prisoner by less than 20% in the West Virginia D. Primary. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:06:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Obama beats a federal prisoner by less than 20% in the West Virginia D. Primary. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obama beats a federal prisoner by less than 20% in the West Virginia D. Primary.  (Read 8950 times)
ajb
United States

« on: May 08, 2012, 11:16:25 PM »

If you look at the raw vote totals, Judd actually has more votes than Romney (who is close to 70% in the R primary). haha.

If you combine the two parties in Mingo County, we get:

57.6% Judd
35.2% Obama
5.1% Romney

Obviously this isn't terribly meaningful given registration differences, etc... but some smart ass always has to chime in so I feel obligated to add this disclaimer to preemptively shut them up.

To be fair, statewide Judd currently has just under 70 000 votes, while Romney is just under 73 000. Obama is just over 102 000. So Romney's ahead by a nose.
ajb
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 10:54:17 AM »

There are 180 electoral votes between the Potomac and Rio Grande rivers; Romney will get every one of them.  That means he needs only 89 more (a 269-269 tie will give the GOP nominee the win in a Congressional vote).

Right now, I wouldn't count on Romney winning Virginia, and it's very difficult to see a path to 270 (or 269) for him without it.
I wouldn't count on Romney winning NC or FL, either. If you want to say he's favored, in spite of the current polling, I can see that argument. But they're not sure things, by any means.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies