If Obama endorsed same sex marriage, would it help his campaign? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:37:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  If Obama endorsed same sex marriage, would it help his campaign? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Same as subject
Yes

No effect

It would hurt him

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 71

Author Topic: If Obama endorsed same sex marriage, would it help his campaign?  (Read 7139 times)
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« on: May 09, 2012, 10:20:22 AM »

I love how Napoleon is openly coming out as an elitist.

With that said, did you guys see the results last election?  Obama did HORRIBLY amongst Appalachian whites!  And that was in 2008 when he had everything and the kitchen sink going for him!
Sure, you can argue that every vote is important, but these people are not voting Obama, unless maybe the Republican comes out in favor of gay marriage.  So it's pretty futile to think "oh if I stay quiet on this I can win some Appalachian whites".
This may shock some of you, but popular votes don't matter!  Winning five more votes in a state that is going to vote 55% GOP regardless isn't going to do jack sh*t!  The only votes that matter are the Electoral College and frankly being quiet on gays isn't going to help Obama win those states.
At this rate, at how fast approval for gay marriage is spreading, I really don't see how supporting it would hurt Obama significantly.  I mean, at least it would show he has a spine.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies