If Obama endorsed same sex marriage, would it help his campaign? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:09:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  If Obama endorsed same sex marriage, would it help his campaign? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Same as subject
Yes

No effect

It would hurt him

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 71

Author Topic: If Obama endorsed same sex marriage, would it help his campaign?  (Read 7132 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« on: May 09, 2012, 10:03:42 AM »

I believe it would help him. Obama hasn't given progressives much to approve of but explicitly endorsing gay marriage in the presidential campaign would inspire us and keep us from staying home or voting third party. For me, it would show him as a courageous leader, much more than killing Osaka bin Laden did, but I am not one who takes pride in blood as revenge either. I do not expect him to do it but I disagree that losing Appalachian whites hurts Obama. Cut this cancer out of the campaign now! The sooner Democrats realize that pandering to white trash, the sooner Democrats can start accomplishing on the agenda they profess to support.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 10:17:34 AM »

After the Amendment 1- I believe it would hurt. It clearly wouldn't help him inNC and any other state which has voted that way

Amendment One was a low turn out primary election dominated by conservatives and older voters like one would expect. A lot of support for gay marriage is predicated on apathy itself; "why should I care if gays get married?" isn't too far from "why should I care to go vote?". Younger voters are like that, sadly. Most states, like Obama, have "evolving" views on gay marriage. There is no possible situation where Obama would win NC without winning nationwide so that anecdote would be neutral overall. If it extends to states like Ohio it could be a negative but I do not think it would. I also do not think Mittens can win the marriage issue the way W. did considering his statements back in 1994.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 10:35:04 AM »
« Edited: May 09, 2012, 10:38:45 AM by Keith Judd Revivalist »

I love how Napoleon is openly coming out as an elitist.
Yes on Amendment One!

Why shouldn't I take the moral high ground? I've never believed an opinion should be respected for the simple reason that one holds it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies