Obama endorses gay marriage. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:39:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Obama endorses gay marriage. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obama endorses gay marriage.  (Read 7332 times)
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« on: May 09, 2012, 10:20:45 PM »

Right NY Jew...they oppose "immoral, perverted behavior" but defeated a vote to disallow the "immoral perverts" to have domestic partnership rights.  A lot of people are ambivalent about the gay marriage issue -- as a public policy matter, that's unfathomable to me, but whatever -- but your specific issue has been out of the mainstream for years.  Best of luck.

I think the latest polling was 50-48, so it's not mainstream.

It will cost Obama a few states, NC, maybe VA and OH.
VA is actually safe Obama after this move. Mittens needs to raise the states and flip WI or PA now if he wants to win. Both of these are very unlikely.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 11:21:17 PM »

Amusing; at least three Democrats (Biden, Cuomo, O'Malley) have now placed the gay marriage issue into their arsenal which they intend to use to jockey for 2016. Kirsten Gillibrand also used it as a career-booster, and has been mentioned as a possible 2016 contender as well, although less than the other two New Yorkers. I guess this must be low-hanging fruit for Dems who aren't in red states.
In before Schweitzer endorses gay marriage?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies