Obama Backs Gay Marriage! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:34:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Obama Backs Gay Marriage! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obama Backs Gay Marriage!  (Read 33036 times)
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« on: May 09, 2012, 02:52:47 PM »

Good job President Obama!

I assume North Carolina's vote made him support gay marriage I guess.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 03:44:56 PM »

It will be great when society moves off this issue, but the liberals are simply going to keep inventing new minorities. Homosexuals, transexuals, don't tell me this ain't a slippery slope.

Since when did minorities are "made"? They're born.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 06:53:27 AM »

Looks like Obama alienated about half the hispanic votes in key swing states.  Oh, and I thought Romney was a flip flopper on issues, Obama supporters can be hypocrites at times.

Thanks for bringing this up. Yes, the Republicans could have exploited this issue to get more support with working class Hispanics but then you guys f'ed up with the AZ immigration law and similar laws that have been passed by Republicans across the country. Gays marrying will be less of an issue for Hispanic than one of the major parties race baiting using them to win votes. Haha, it will be fun watching you guys get punished for your bigotry.

Except that same-sex marriage is approximately as popular with Hispanic voters as it is with white voters.

Yes, after you factor in Southern whites that is probably true. The difference being those whites wouldn't vote Democrat in any case, whereas some Latino voters who oppose gay marriage probably do. There is a chance Latino voters could be turned off by this, but race baiting by the Republicans will take precedence over this issue for sure. And African Americans are so loyal to the Democrats and especially to Obama that I don't see them flipping over this either. Latinos are swing voters without strong loyalties but the idiot Republicans changed that. I hope they get punished. I really do. Bigotry must not be tolerated.

"A fall poll put Hispanic Catholic support of same-sex marriage at 42 approve, 42 disapprove. Hispanics as a whole haven’t been polled on the question recently, but a 2009 Pew poll had the Latino community fairly evenly divided on the question of same-sex marriage, with 45 percent in favor and 49 percent opposed. And an April survey showed that 59 percent of Latinos said homosexuality should be accepted by society, but it did not ask about gay marriage specifically."

Evenly divided, but I assume a lot of them are young, as younger people regardless of religion, ethnicity, etc. are going to be pro-gay marriage. Hispanics are younger than average of the US population so this is why you are seeing an evenly divide.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies