Switzerland: An Initiative to Establish Basic Income for All (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:36:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Switzerland: An Initiative to Establish Basic Income for All (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Switzerland: An Initiative to Establish Basic Income for All  (Read 5913 times)
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« on: May 10, 2012, 03:30:22 AM »

http://globalvoicesonline.org/2012/05/07/switzerland-an-initiative-to-establish-basic-income-for-all/

LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 01:37:30 PM »

I think this is a splendid idea but cannot say whether the amount of money proposed is proper, excessive, or deficient because I am not savvy as to what the costs of living are in Switzerland.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 02:44:26 PM »

If this comes to a vote, this will be voted down just like the recent popular initiative that demanded 6 weeks holidays a year for every employee. The Swiss electorate is very careful - and mature I think - when it comes to voting on economic proposals. Any proposal that will lead to a massive rise of public expenditures or harm the country's productivity and international competitiveness has usually no chance.

Switzerland is like the US, except it functions properly. Wow. I am in awe of the Swiss voter right now. Democracy can certainly work there.

Yeah, Swiss voters are great:

Well looks like I've lived in the near the right part of Switzerland then(Geneva).
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 06:24:55 PM »

If this comes to a vote, this will be voted down just like the recent popular initiative that demanded 6 weeks holidays a year for every employee. The Swiss electorate is very careful - and mature I think - when it comes to voting on economic proposals. Any proposal that will lead to a massive rise of public expenditures or harm the country's productivity and international competitiveness has usually no chance.

Switzerland is like the US, except it functions properly. Wow. I am in awe of the Swiss voter right now. Democracy can certainly work there.

Yeah, Swiss voters are great:

You are right!
Should I form the impression of German speaking Swiss based on you & this map? It won't be pretty...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies