Mitt Romney, high school bully? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:29:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Mitt Romney, high school bully? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mitt Romney, high school bully?  (Read 21582 times)
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« on: May 10, 2012, 06:26:38 PM »

There really is something wrong with you isn't there?
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 07:12:29 PM »

There really is something wrong with you isn't there?

There's something wrong with all of us, I'm sure. I mean, this is an uber geeky obsession of ours (i.e., election results...watching returns on Election Day sometimes gives me more of a high than the Super Bowl).

As for other stuff in this thread, I am just saying it like it is. Maybe it will save somebody's life/health.

On point 1... sure.

Point 2... you're talking out of ... well, you get my point. I just need to understand the EXACT point you're making... you doubt the guy is really gay, because at his age... he should have died of AIDS?

As someone who's done a lot of work with HIV/AIDS research... I'd LOVE to see where you get that apart from your need to prove a point.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 07:39:44 PM »

The round about thing is... that's utter BS. The death rate was high among that age bracket... but to suggest that he'd more likely be dead than alive is utter twaddle.

For example, my mother was in the beauty industry before I was born, so a lot of her friends are gay men in that age bracket, none were infected, let alone died of AIDS... that may be anecdotal, but it's a stronger evidence base than you're using.

Early death stats were shaky, as many died very quickly - however in Australia AIDS-related deaths, whether cancer, pneumonia  etc etc... are indeed listed as AIDS-related. Even if not known to be infected, that blood work is done at time of autopsy.

As to the story?

I don't care, he looked like the type who probably was a douchebag at school... I don't honestly think it should be an issue today. I knew people in HS that were genuinely horrible people, but 12 years later are actually decent human beings.

polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 07:51:54 PM »

Can someone explain to me how this thread became centered around Politico and not Romney's high school jaunt down disturbia lane? Tongue

That would be Politico talking out of his proverbial ... you can't let BS like that stand...
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 09:52:42 PM »

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/05/10/us-usa-campaign-romney-idUSBRE8491B220120510

It's a non-story, he's apologised for being a tosser... let's move on.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2012, 09:55:03 AM »

Well Romney apologised for it... so I think the issue as to whether it happened or not isn't really one...  HOWEVER, as I said before, Romney may have been a douchebag at school... who cares? It's a non-story as far as I'm concerned, much like whatever Obama did when he was 6....
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies