Mitt Romney, high school bully? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:54:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Mitt Romney, high school bully? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mitt Romney, high school bully?  (Read 21517 times)
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« on: May 10, 2012, 01:46:46 PM »

The MSM is so predictable now.

I said in numerous fora last Summer that Romney -- as the most anti-Tea Party of the leading Republicans -- was the MSM's guy for the GOP nomination.  As I predicted, the MSM would give Romney a clear path to the nomination while launching insanely vicious attacks on any "conservative alternative" that popped up in his way.

But I told Romney supporters that as soon as their guy locked up the nomination, the MSM would -- with no more danger of Bachmann, Perry, Cain, Gingrich, etc. becoming president -- then launch the non-stop campaign to Palinize Romney with nothing but attacks on his own and his friends' and family's personal histories.

So far, the MSM has made me look like a genius.

Btw, as a former newspaper reporter in D.C., I assure you the Post sat on this 47 year-old story for months or years, waiting for the right moment to drop it on Romney. 
Well than MSM is executing a pretty dumb and predictable strategy, they should have dropped it a couple days before Michigan primary for maximum effect, and that would have opened another can of worms.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 02:12:49 PM »

The MSM is so predictable now.

I said in numerous fora last Summer that Romney -- as the most anti-Tea Party of the leading Republicans -- was the MSM's guy for the GOP nomination.  As I predicted, the MSM would give Romney a clear path to the nomination while launching insanely vicious attacks on any "conservative alternative" that popped up in his way.

But I told Romney supporters that as soon as their guy locked up the nomination, the MSM would -- with no more danger of Bachmann, Perry, Cain, Gingrich, etc. becoming president -- then launch the non-stop campaign to Palinize Romney with nothing but attacks on his own and his friends' and family's personal histories.

So far, the MSM has made me look like a genius.

Btw, as a former newspaper reporter in D.C., I assure you the Post sat on this 47 year-old story for months or years, waiting for the right moment to drop it on Romney. 
Well than MSM is executing a pretty dumb and predictable strategy, they should have dropped it a couple days before Michigan primary for maximum effect, and that would have opened another can of worms.

Based on what I said -- that the MSM favored anti-Tea Party Romney, why would you call the MSM "dumb" for failing to run stories to hurt Romney during the GOP primaries? 
But wouldn't they want Santorum to win if they are anti tea party? Bonus is that he would fail hilariously in the general.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 07:04:53 PM »

This election cycle might not be as boring as I thought.
Well it's not boring because we get to watch Mitt shoot himself in the foot, but the election is hilariously predictable after Obama endorsed gay marriage, unless fate throws us a curve ball and a catastrophic event makes election competitive again.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies