Mitt: No to gay marriage; children need a mother and father. Gay adoption? Fine. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:51:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Mitt: No to gay marriage; children need a mother and father. Gay adoption? Fine. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mitt: No to gay marriage; children need a mother and father. Gay adoption? Fine.  (Read 4491 times)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« on: May 12, 2012, 05:46:45 AM »

Ahh, so now we're attacking Mitt for not being progressive enough. Do we forget he's a Republican? I applaud this move, and I think what muon2 said about not seeing things in just black and white is a good sign that Romney will be a competent president.

This stupid argument is still kicking around this place? Romney holds contradictory and flip-floppy positions on all sorts of things, so this means he's some sort of technocratic moderate who sees things in nuanced and enlightened ways? Get real. I cannot believe that smart people would actually think something that just sounds like denial. He's being attacked in this thread because it's a completely contradictory position to hold.

There is no amount of spin and moderate hero wishing that can turn "I don't support gay marriage because the traditional family setting is that of the mother and father, but gay adoption is totally fine" into the wise words of some sort enlightened philosopher that only sees a world of grey. They're just the conflicting words of a man with literally no principles.

And while we're at it, how about making holding the right position the honorable and enlightened thing to do, in all things? Instead of just immediately trying to split the difference?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 07:14:54 PM »

"Common sense" says a mother and father is best, but the studies show that having two loving parents is what matters, with no difference in outcome depending on gender.

God would be to differ. Mom/Dad not dad/dad or mom/mom.
No marriage or adoptions for the GLBT period end of story.

Every psychological study in the history of ever trumps your religious beliefs.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies