How the Paultards stole Nevada
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 05:06:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  How the Paultards stole Nevada
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: How the Paultards stole Nevada  (Read 1474 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 11, 2012, 02:22:19 PM »
« edited: May 11, 2012, 02:43:00 PM by Joe Republic »

I've somehow been added to the mailing list for some libertarian Republican newsletter based in Nevada.  The author, Chuck Muth, was at the state convention last weekend, and his report actually made for quite a fascinating read (if you have the time and the inclination).  Especially since Muth is very much a libertarian himself, and yet even he clearly got sick of the Paultards' shenanigans.

Anyway, enjoy:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 02:34:54 PM »

I highly reccomend reading the Ron Paul forums for giggles if you find mass delusion entertaining.

Sample post -

All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 04:58:02 PM »

This is par for the course for the Ron Paul movement.
argentarius
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 05:03:24 PM »

How far did you get as a delegate Joe? Did they expose you as a RINO?
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 05:45:36 PM »

Disgusting. More selective "Liberty" from the tin foil hat club.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 07:26:13 PM »

Joe, it's your chance of becoming a RNC delegate.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 07:33:56 PM »

How far did you get as a delegate Joe? Did they expose you as a RINO?

I didn't even bother going to the county convention.  I couldn't justify donating the necessary $40, or indeed any money at all, to the Republican Party.  Plus, I didn't get the time off work either.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2012, 07:49:49 PM »

Hopefully the Paulites can pull some platform stuff in Indiana.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2012, 10:08:16 PM »

This is so f**king awesome. Those Paulites have my utmost respect. Keep up the good work in making life a living hell for the Republicans!
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2012, 10:23:55 PM »

Paultards need to find out the hard way that government ain't as easy they think.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2012, 12:44:44 AM »

Hopefully you can leave this forum.

I know, chances of you leaving are as slim as Paultards being relevant.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2012, 11:03:22 AM »

Paultards need to find out the hard way that government ain't as easy they think.

SOUND MONETARY POLICY
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2012, 01:42:54 PM »

Excellent. Seems like Nevada, for one, now has a sane GOP.
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2012, 01:57:51 PM »

I'm a big Paul supporter, but this behavior will only hurt us in the long run. Imagine the outcry if Paul had won all of the popular votes in these states and was now being shut out of delegates or influence. There would be RIOTS.

Even if the strategy somehow worked, giving the nomination to the man who was 4th in total votes received during the primary would produce such a backlash that it would ultimately hurt the movement, and probably hurt all non establishment approved campaigns in the future. Is it worth the risk?

Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2012, 02:33:15 PM »

Excellent. Seems like Nevada, for one, now has a sane GOP.
Did you even read the OP?
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2012, 02:42:33 PM »

This is so f**king awesome. Those Paulites have my utmost respect. Keep up the good work in making life a living hell for the Republicans!
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2012, 02:53:48 PM »

Hopefully you can leave this forum.

I know, chances of you leaving are as slim as Paultards being relevant.

We are more relevant than you think. It's Paulites not Paultards.
Purch
Rookie

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2012, 03:39:05 PM »
« Edited: May 12, 2012, 03:42:40 PM by Purch »

Right but Republicans who scream that cutting taxes is the end all to all of America's problems CLEARLY Have a great understanding of how the goverment works. Along with democrats who claim rasing taxing on the rich fixes all our problems.

But of course the group of people who just speak about being finacially stable and decreasing our military budget are the ones who have no idea how the goverment works. Clearly the people who understand that are current investments both overseas and domestically are the crazy ones.

Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2012, 11:04:46 PM »

Right but Republicans who scream that cutting taxes is the end all to all of America's problems CLEARLY Have a great understanding of how the goverment works. Along with democrats who claim rasing taxing on the rich fixes all our problems.

But of course the group of people who just speak about being finacially stable and decreasing our military budget are the ones who have no idea how the goverment works. Clearly the people who understand that are current investments both overseas and domestically are the crazy ones.

But that's unfair; there's plenty of Democrats that want to reduce military spending, and the last surplus we had was under a present that raised taxes, cut spending, and (after the Balkan mess) reduced the amount of military adventures the US was involved in.

You've got to have a combination of all three, you can't just have reduced spending. Gutting social programs would wreak havoc on... pretty much everything.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2012, 11:20:39 PM »

haha

lol!

You really are a card, aren't you!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2012, 11:28:09 PM »
« Edited: May 12, 2012, 11:29:58 PM by ChairmanSanchez »

CONSPIRACY ALERT: I think the Paulite takeovers MAY have been facilitated by Rand to advance his own career, even if it makes his father look bad. The base for a potential Rand Paul campaign in 2016 will be much stronger.
Purch
Rookie

« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2012, 07:51:40 AM »

But that's unfair; there's plenty of Democrats that want to reduce military spending, and the last surplus we had was under a present that raised taxes, cut spending, and (after the Balkan mess) reduced the amount of military adventures the US was involved in.

You've got to have a combination of all three, you can't just have reduced spending. Gutting social programs would wreak havoc on... pretty much everything.

I hope you're not referring to the president who bombed that crap out of Iraq and Afghanistan during his impeachment.

But yes it has to be a combination. Which is why Simpson-Bowles actually looked like a light at the end of a dim tunnel. But Obama didn't push it through when he needed to , Paul Ryan backed away from it and we continue down a cliff.
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2012, 03:27:25 PM »

The "last surplus" was funded by looting Social Security for extra cash and shuffling around the money to give the appearance of being in the black. Not jacking up spending certainly helped, but it was a rather cheap monetary trick that can only work once in a while.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2012, 08:43:59 PM »

CONSPIRACY ALERT: I think the Paulite takeovers MAY have been facilitated by Rand to advance his own career, even if it makes his father look bad. The base for a potential Rand Paul campaign in 2016 will be much stronger.

Seems possible, but will the Paulites turn out for Rand? I, for one, like the father but don't really like the son (he seems too neoconny for me...)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2012, 10:24:28 PM »

Seems possible, but will the Paulites turn out for Rand? I, for one, like the father but don't really like the son (he seems too neoconny for me...)

A Democrat who likes Paul? You might like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aM9pXlxkomQ
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies