Kyle Bass: Greece a failed state, Euro will collapse, Japan debt crisis next (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:20:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  Kyle Bass: Greece a failed state, Euro will collapse, Japan debt crisis next (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kyle Bass: Greece a failed state, Euro will collapse, Japan debt crisis next  (Read 8518 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« on: May 12, 2012, 12:29:16 PM »

The Euro will (probably) not collapse. It seems likely that Greece is going the leave the Eurozone though. (And it will be for the best of both Greece and the rest of the Euro states.)

Really the Euro's survival simply depends on your government's willingness to allow monetization of the debt, and printing in general.  Will they? 
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 08:22:12 PM »

The more money you try to pump into the European economy, the more of it is going to wind up in Germany.

Well of course, it is a capitalist arrangement - all the money ends up in the hands of the villains, but the point is you keep putting more into the hands of the victims so that the cycle of misery and victimization can continue forever.  
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 03:44:43 PM »

ag, what sort of inflation do you anticipate if the debt is repaid by printing?  If I remember correctly the entire Greek debt is only something like 400 billion Euros.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 08:28:52 PM »

No, the printing would be done by the ECB, ag. 
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2012, 08:52:44 PM »

No, the printing would be done by the ECB, ag.  

Yes, of course. Doesn't matter in the least who'd doing it, though: it's a single currency area, isn't it?

In your post you said 'everyone' would do it.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2012, 10:00:19 PM »

...any kind of attempt at serious structural reform

I would like to present for debate the old idea that reform requires a lubricant... c*****s a*****s of h***n b***d.  We can't expect power structures to change unless those that created them and benefit from them are s*********d.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2012, 12:25:14 PM »

...any kind of attempt at serious structural reform

I would like to present for debate the old idea that reform requires a lubricant... c*****s a*****s of h***n b***d.  We can't expect power structures to change unless those that created them and benefit from them are s*********d.

You have a point opebo. Perhaps the best way for you to avoid death points is to have posting content along the following lines:  "****  ********* *** *** ***.  *** ****** ** ***." 

No doubt!  Though it presents quite a puzzle.  I think you were able to decipher mine, alas, I'm not able to decipher yours.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies