Who do you support in the War of Five Kings? (Game of Thrones on HBO) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:27:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Who do you support in the War of Five Kings? (Game of Thrones on HBO) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Joffrey Baratheon*

Renly Baratheon

Stannis Baratheon

Balon Greyjoy

Robb Stark

Daenerys Targaryen (technically not a participant)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 33

Author Topic: Who do you support in the War of Five Kings? (Game of Thrones on HBO)  (Read 7030 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: May 11, 2012, 11:11:45 PM »

Clearly Robb is the most likeable (if he can keep his stupid mother from farking things up further).  The dragon lady and the brothers would be the next most likable.  Greyjoy and Joffrey are both unlikable and Joffrey is one of the most unlikable people I've ever seen on TV.  He's up there with Janice Soprano and Ally McBeel.  Seeing him die is going to be great.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 11:12:28 AM »

Stannis (and his onion knight sidekick) is really growing on me.  Good to see Rob realize his mother is good at only one thing, funking things up.  The Imp is one of the greatest characters ever.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 02:26:44 PM »

Finally got a battle scene last night...pretty well done too.  The Greek Fire bit may have been a bit....much?....over-the-top?  Daddy Lanister is NOT going to be happy when he finds out Joffrey was hiding in his room.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 09:52:30 PM »

dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 04:16:16 AM »

Just watched the 1st episode of this Game of Thrones thing.

Pretty good so far, but that blonde guy (who's sister is hot) is somewhat crazy.
Not as crazy as everybody else around him.  Jamie has actually grown on me a bit.  Sure that thing he did at the end of the first episode is despicable (suffering succotash), he's just playing his role in the game and doing it quite well.  I won't say he is a likeable character, but more likeable than his sister and much more so than his....ahem...."nephew".
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2012, 04:38:27 AM »

OH!  Yeah, he's nucking futs.  Arguably the second most hateable character on the show.  (and yes, his sister is quite hot...but quite crazy too)  And to make it worse, in the books she is like 12 or something when Conan rapes her.  Obviously they couldn't do that in the TV show.  Well, I guess they could, but it would have been even more disturbing than it was...and it was pretty freaking disturbing.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2012, 05:11:57 AM »

Is back story ok?  If not, don't highlight the rest of this post Wink  (no spoilers, just stuff that happened before the events in the show)

The Targaryens often married siblings to each other and often had "crazy" kids because of it.  The last Targaryen King was called "the Mad King" because he was nuts.  So crazy runs in the family.  Plus she was born during the war that saw her family all killed except for her asshole brother and her.  Then abused by him (I believe the books hint that it's sexual abuse, but the TV show is less clear on that) and then forced into marriage with a barbarian.  Then repeatidly raped by that barbarian....yeah, I'd be a little nuts too.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2012, 06:38:52 AM »

HBO sorry over 'George Bush' head in Game of Thrones
link
[quote]The makers of Game of Thrones have apologised for a decapitated head resembling George W Bush that appeared in the first series.

HBO said it was "deeply dismayed" about the head's likeness to the former US president.

It appears in a scene where King Joffrey shows Sansa Stark her father's head on a spike.

Show creators David Benioff and D.B. Weiss also put out a statement apologising for any offence caused.

They explained that the show used many fake body parts, many which were rented out.

"After the scene was already shot, someone pointed out that one of the heads looked like George W. Bush.

"In the DVD commentary, we mentioned this, though we should not have.

"We meant no disrespect to the former President and apologize if anything we said or did suggested otherwise."

HBO's statement also described the matter as "unacceptable, disrespectful and in very bad taste".

"We made this clear to the executive producers of the series who apologized immediately for this inadvertent careless mistake.

"We are sorry this happened and will have it removed from any future DVD production."

The head appears in profile in the final episode of the first series.

In the DVD commentary to the show, David Benioff and D.B. Weiss mention its apparent likeness to George W Bush.

<snip>
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2012, 10:46:24 PM »

Me either.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2012, 12:40:58 AM »

Yeah, that wasn't what I was expecting from him either.  I don't know what happens to him, but I've heard the audience will end up feeling sorry for the guy.  I'm not sure how that's possible after what he does in season 2.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies