Top GOP Pollster says to GOP: Reverse on gay issues. So should they? Will they? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:36:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Top GOP Pollster says to GOP: Reverse on gay issues. So should they? Will they? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Top GOP Pollster says to GOP: Reverse on gay issues. So should they? Will they?  (Read 3608 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: May 12, 2012, 04:13:54 PM »
« edited: May 12, 2012, 04:15:49 PM by Torie »

Yes, I am cautiously optimistic that they will, leaving just the bare moniker issue  as the last barrier left to true equality.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 02:52:31 PM »

Yes, I am cautiously optimistic that they will, leaving just the bare moniker issue  as the last barrier left to true equality.

What is the bare moniker issue?

Calling the gay statutory equivalent of marriage a different name, to wit "civil unions."
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 11:05:17 AM »

"Bible believing" is a term of art used by Evangelicals in general as an exclusionary term of self congratulation. Catholics and Mainline Protestants need not apply. Yes, it is grating on the ears, and does not comport with my sense of aesthetics, but then all that LDS hatred out there does not either.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 07:01:38 PM »

Episcopalian I think. That sect has gay priests, and I think one lesbian Bishop up in New Hampshire or somewhere. I don't think they will be merging with the Catholics anytime soon.  The Henry VIII schism endures. Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies