What states will be unanimous in counties? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:53:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  What states will be unanimous in counties? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What states will be unanimous in counties?  (Read 2486 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« on: May 13, 2012, 02:01:59 PM »

Romney: Utah, Oklahoma, and possibly West Virginia
Obama: Vermont, Rhode Island, Hawaii
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 02:15:06 PM »

Romney: possibly West Virginia

Yeah, no. Obama's still polling in high 30's to low 40's even when undecideds are counted. He'll at least win McDowell and Boone, and probably Jefferson since it's an extension of NOVA.

Obama is deeply unpopular in West Virginia - I mean, come on, he beat a federal prisoner by less than 20 points. That's embarrassing for an incumbent President. My guess is, if that many are willing to vote for a no-name against Obama, a good chunk of them will vote for Romney over Obama. His policies aren't popular in West Virginia; same with his race, I'd say.

Last poll, which I think had a Democratic-lean considering the numbers it gave to Manchin and Earl, had Romney up by 17, 54-37. Undecideds typically break against the incumbent, but for arguments sake, let's say it's a pretty even split. That gives Romney around 58% of the vote, compared to Obama's 41%. That swing would give Romney every county in the state - the only county that will be close under this scenario is McDowell. Hence the word "possibly" I added. 
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 02:20:56 PM »

Romney: possibly West Virginia

Yeah, no. Obama's still polling in high 30's to low 40's even when undecideds are counted. He'll at least win McDowell and Boone, and probably Jefferson since it's an extension of NOVA.

Obama is deeply unpopular in West Virginia - I mean, come on, he beat a federal prisoner by less than 20 points. That's embarrassing for an incumbent President. My guess is, if that many are willing to vote for a no-name against Obama, a good chunk of them will vote for Romney over Obama. His policies aren't popular in West Virginia; same with his race, I'd say.

And he still got more votes than Romney.

He might not be popular, but he wasn't any more popular in 2008 when he won several counties.
Only due to the high Democratic registration advantage. A good percentage of both Judd (?) and Obama supporters will flip over to Romney this fall.

I would say he's less popular. At one point in 2008, some thought he might actually have a chance in West Virginia. I remember some polling firm came out with a poll in mid-October having him up. I'd expect Obama anyways to perform a little worse, just because of national environment, this time being much less favorable to him.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies