"Paying for someone else" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:09:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  "Paying for someone else" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: We all have to do this....but what would you rather do?
Pay for someone else to be excluded from society.

Pay for someone else and perhaps have a small chance of someone for someone to pay me back.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 41

Author Topic: "Paying for someone else"  (Read 7989 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« on: July 01, 2012, 01:12:14 PM »

You can't figure out why having a well educatedvand healthy society is beneficial in general? Really?

It would be. However this almost never turns out to be the case. Also I would rather keep more of my own money and spend it on what I want, instead of what the state wants.

You as a Sovereign Individual (tm) can't pay for an ordered and peaceful society even if you want to.

Witty barbs aside, what I mean is I would rather save some additional money for myself, or spend it on a holiday or a car, than pay for the education, healthcare and benefits of slum-dwelling drug addicts.

There is no word that can express my feeling on reading this.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 01:24:32 PM »

You can't figure out why having a well educatedvand healthy society is beneficial in general? Really?

It would be. However this almost never turns out to be the case. Also I would rather keep more of my own money and spend it on what I want, instead of what the state wants.

You as a Sovereign Individual (tm) can't pay for an ordered and peaceful society even if you want to.

Witty barbs aside, what I mean is I would rather save some additional money for myself, or spend it on a holiday or a car, than pay for the education, healthcare and benefits of slum-dwelling drug addicts.

There is no word that can express my feeling on reading this.

I have done the impossible............Silenced a left-winger.....

If this is your goal at life, you can legitimately be proud of yourself.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2012, 02:08:16 PM »

This is what the far left has done to our great nation.

How could the 'far left' do anything to your precious nation?  It hasn't been in power anywhere in the world in decades, and has never had any power or influence in the US.

'Left' and 'right' are relative terms, opebo. In the context of regular American politics, the 2009-2011 Democratic congressional majority was far left, and paid the price for it.

lolno
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies