Is mewithoutYou the best Christian music of all time?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:10:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Is mewithoutYou the best Christian music of all time?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Is mewithoutYou the best Christian music of all time?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 14

Author Topic: Is mewithoutYou the best Christian music of all time?  (Read 4604 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2012, 10:15:46 PM »

Yes Cathcon, that's a big factor into why my church has so many ex-Catholics. The pastor who baptized me in our pre-talk said that well over half the people who get baptized there were baptized Catholic or Lutheran as babies, and I've talked to tons of people who left the Catholic church there. Could it be because they were bored with it and wanted the hand raising and all that?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2012, 10:35:08 PM »

Yes Cathcon, that's a big factor into why my church has so many ex-Catholics. The pastor who baptized me in our pre-talk said that well over half the people who get baptized there were baptized Catholic or Lutheran as babies, and I've talked to tons of people who left the Catholic church there. Could it be because they were bored with it and wanted the hand raising and all that?

Then they weren't choosing religions based on religious factors. They wanted entertainment. Great life choice.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2012, 10:43:55 PM »

Then they weren't choosing religions based on religious factors. They wanted entertainment. Great life choice.

There was obviously more to it than that. One of the pastors who was raised Catholic is a married woman. Obviously there would be no future for her in the Catholic Church.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2012, 11:09:23 PM »

There was obviously more to it than that. One of the pastors who was raised Catholic is a married woman. Obviously there would be no future for her in the Catholic Church.

BRTD, please get over the RCC stuff.

However, I will ask you as a forum elder what you think  the best way to self immolate an account is.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2012, 11:16:23 PM »

lol I didn't think anyone besides Tweed and Lewis remembered that (funny thing is that was a song reference but I can't even remember what song it was, I'm sure I still have the record though). I suppose baulexus just gave us an example though.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2012, 05:16:38 AM »

I would set myself on fire for you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2012, 01:29:31 AM »

I'm familiar with the band but I don't think it was them.

Hey Tweed would you raise your hands seeing mewithoutYou? I noticed a bunch of the people in attendance did during certain songs in a rather reverent manner (basically the ones with an explicit reference to God and whatnot) which made it obvious which kids were Christian and what kids weren't but liked their music anyway. I wonder if Cathcon would keep his hands down too. Wink
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2012, 11:04:45 AM »

Ugh, that's just like typical Christian contemporary crap, bleh.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2012, 03:28:30 PM »

I doubt there will be many people, if anyone at all, listening to their stuff a hundred years from now. On the other hand, there are songs older than them that will still be heard.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies