Is mewithoutYou the best Christian music of all time? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:30:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Is mewithoutYou the best Christian music of all time? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is mewithoutYou the best Christian music of all time?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 14

Author Topic: Is mewithoutYou the best Christian music of all time?  (Read 4618 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: June 05, 2012, 02:47:12 PM »

"of all time" is so fitting to the personality of the OP. Seriously? "Of all time"? Have you declared yourself judge of all music from the 500's to present? Oh, but you have certain tastes, and your tastes are "right", and we should agree with you then, and your tastes say that "mewithoutYou" is good, and you like it more than other things, so obviously it has to be the best. Right.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 02:50:18 PM »

As for me? I'd say "What Wondrous Love is This?" from that church hymnal is my favorite.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 09:21:37 PM »

"of all time" is so fitting to the personality of the OP. Seriously? "Of all time"? Have you declared yourself judge of all music from the 500's to present? Oh, but you have certain tastes, and your tastes are "right", and we should agree with you then, and your tastes say that "mewithoutYou" is good, and you like it more than other things, so obviously it has to be the best. Right.

Uh, it's not much different than if you proclaimed The Doors the best band of all time.

Don't recall saying that, but if I did, the logic I stated in the quoted post is still just as relevant.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

This is most certainly better than this. I wish I had recorded them playing it, but honestly it would've been just a blur with how much jumping I was doing during that song. That hymn doesn't even make me want to raise my hands, which should be a minimum for any Christian song.
[/quote]

Actually don't seem like that bad of a band, though I can't claim to be a huge fan of the singer.

As for what I mentioned, it should be mentioned that I listen to it with my church's cantor, not that dude that's singin' it.

And lastly, what do you mean by hand-raising? You mean This? In any case, as I always say when our current organist goes into that one song, "We're Catholic, dammit! We don't sway to our music!" and I'll reiterate here as well. I don't listen to music to be physically moved per se (sp?), I prefer to be mentally absorbed. I don't really need to do some weird motion to do such. I don't party in church is what I'm saying. You seem to feel a need to be entertained by what's in church. I don't wanna start a feud here or something, but you seem to be just as intolerant as me on music (more so?) just in the opposite direction.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 10:35:08 PM »

Yes Cathcon, that's a big factor into why my church has so many ex-Catholics. The pastor who baptized me in our pre-talk said that well over half the people who get baptized there were baptized Catholic or Lutheran as babies, and I've talked to tons of people who left the Catholic church there. Could it be because they were bored with it and wanted the hand raising and all that?

Then they weren't choosing religions based on religious factors. They wanted entertainment. Great life choice.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies