Latest Romney campaign leaks on VP search: they want a "boring white guy" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:00:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Latest Romney campaign leaks on VP search: they want a "boring white guy" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Latest Romney campaign leaks on VP search: they want a "boring white guy"  (Read 13102 times)
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« on: May 14, 2012, 07:44:48 PM »

Smokescreen. I'm with NHI and RP- Ryan or Jindal would be my choice.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 09:19:45 PM »

Usually buzz is inverse to chances. Remember the deafening buzz about Pawlenty, Bayh and Kaine back in '08?
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 09:37:40 PM »

VP CW was wrong in '08 and hopefully it will be wrong again.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2012, 09:22:26 PM »

Level I: Portman, Daniels, Pawlenty?

Level II(exciting): Ryan, Rubio, Christie

You may have Romney preferring Ryan and his staff strongly preferring a Level I guy (probably Portman).  The trend of Romney's rise probably points to the safer pick.  No need for a game change when you are on the path to victory.  Romney basically wins the Presidency with Ohio and the Strong resume, economic skill set, Senator compliments the ticket nationally.  If Romney locks down Ohio a month or more before the election he will win pretty easily.  I would think a Cincinnati guy plays pretty well in Pennsylvania and Virginia as well.           

I realize I need to do a lot of research on Portman ASAP.  Should we start a thread on him?           

Obama can win without Ohio, and Portman doesn't move the needle there. PPP has polled him multiple times.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2012, 09:24:38 PM »

Here's National Journal's latest ranking.

http://nationaljournal.com/politics/hotline-s-veepstakes-power-rankings-20120518
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2012, 08:44:21 PM »

Long WaPo article on Portman. Apparently the chemistry between Portman and Romney isn't that stellar.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/rob-portman-said-to-be-on-short-list-for-romney-vice-president/2012/05/23/gJQAtd6alU_story.html
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies