The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:51:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 ... 80
Author Topic: The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts  (Read 261851 times)
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1100 on: January 02, 2013, 12:55:58 PM »

He can't be real. If I believe it, it just depresses me.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1101 on: January 02, 2013, 01:00:58 PM »

Trouble is, the alternative possibilities are also quite depressing.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1102 on: January 02, 2013, 02:28:54 PM »

Context

Love the title - a true shame the nomination was stolen from her.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #1103 on: January 02, 2013, 07:44:07 PM »

2 for 1 special:

America was denied a third and fourth term of Hillary.  Sad  We would've been so much better off with her.
More like a third and fourth term of Bill, which is why I'm glad Obama is president now; he saved us from that.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1104 on: January 02, 2013, 09:00:47 PM »

Hope Boehner slips on ice and falls down than cries like a little bi!ch.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1105 on: January 03, 2013, 12:18:16 PM »

And as for Jews, I believe that Republicans today are probably more pro-Israel and less anti-Semitic than Democrats.

"This isn't right. It isn't even wrong."
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1106 on: January 03, 2013, 01:20:03 PM »

Classic Naso...

Speaker Boehner is leading the GOP with regards to policy, but Governor Christie leads with regards to public opinion.

I still say Christie. I was having a Sam Adams at a local pub and I overheard a husband and wife saying during a conversation, "Christie tells it the way it is."

He's also molding himself into our culture quite well. I like it.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1107 on: January 03, 2013, 01:26:26 PM »

I almost feel bad posting this here...

Where is your evidence?  I have plenty.  Robert Byrd used the N-word at least twice in a Fox News interview in 2001.  And in 1993, Fritz Hollings talked about African potentates coming up to Geneva and "getting a good square meal" instead of "eating each other."
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1108 on: January 03, 2013, 04:56:15 PM »

Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #1109 on: January 03, 2013, 07:47:29 PM »

OMG, you're dumber than I thought. Do you really think that Hollings and Byrd were segregationist by 2001? LoL LoL LoL. And I'm not sure Hollings was a segregationist (Byrd ceirtainly was), but Hollings supported Jackson in 1988 (!!) and Byrd supported Obama in 2008 (!!!). That's my evidence.
They were still racist, and the only reason they supported black presidential candidates was because they were Democrats.
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« Reply #1110 on: January 03, 2013, 09:29:37 PM »

OMG, you're dumber than I thought. Do you really think that Hollings and Byrd were segregationist by 2001? LoL LoL LoL. And I'm not sure Hollings was a segregationist (Byrd ceirtainly was), but Hollings supported Jackson in 1988 (!!) and Byrd supported Obama in 2008 (!!!). That's my evidence.
They were still racist, and the only reason they supported black presidential candidates was because they were Democrats.
So if they were republicans, they would not support a black president, doesn't that mean that the republican party is more racist.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #1111 on: January 03, 2013, 09:55:37 PM »

So if they were republicans, they would not support a black president, doesn't that mean that the republican party is more racist.

Problem is Jackson was never the democratic nominee, and Byrd supported Obama over Clinton, in the primary season.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1112 on: January 03, 2013, 11:25:59 PM »

Continually quoting his talk on this type of stuff here is kind of beating a dead horse but:

WND and National Review?  Nice unbiased, intellectually honest sources you got there.

1980 had Carter at the top of the ticket (as well as John Anderson to slow the flight of moderate northerners to the Democratic Party, in a counterpoint to Wallace), and as I already mentioned, he ran the most Southern and evangelical candidacy probably ever.  Any other Dem candidate, and the patterns would likely have emerged eight years sooner- and they already had started emerging in the Northeast, he mainly just held onto the South at the expense of not taking the West Coast.

And, of course, the Southern Strategy is undisputed fact.
No, it's not.  Nixon trying to pander to racists with Wallace in the race would be like a Republican presidential canidate campaigning in California or a Democrat in Texas today.  The Southern strategy was about winning the pro-civil rights moderates who had moved to the South after WWII as a protest against the segregationist Democrats.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1113 on: January 04, 2013, 01:08:29 AM »

How long until we find out he's another complex Aizen character?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1114 on: January 04, 2013, 09:16:10 AM »

How long until we find out he's another complex Aizen character?

No way. The Professor and Mr. Twister were funny, Oldies is just a moron.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1115 on: January 04, 2013, 10:04:24 AM »

Continually quoting his talk on this type of stuff here is kind of beating a dead horse but:

WND and National Review?  Nice unbiased, intellectually honest sources you got there.

1980 had Carter at the top of the ticket (as well as John Anderson to slow the flight of moderate northerners to the Democratic Party, in a counterpoint to Wallace), and as I already mentioned, he ran the most Southern and evangelical candidacy probably ever.  Any other Dem candidate, and the patterns would likely have emerged eight years sooner- and they already had started emerging in the Northeast, he mainly just held onto the South at the expense of not taking the West Coast.

No, it's not.  Nixon trying to pander to racists with Wallace in the race would be like a Republican presidential canidate campaigning in California or a Democrat in Texas today.  The Southern strategy was about winning the pro-civil rights moderates who had moved to the South after WWII as a protest against the segregationist Democrats.
It's true, though.  THe white racists were already safely in Wallace's column.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1116 on: January 04, 2013, 10:44:41 AM »

Racism, like most isms, is not binary. Nixon's objective was to walk the tightrope between Humphrey's strong and longstanding record on Civil Rights and Wallace. Nixon positioned himself as a happy medium. His racism was just right Smiley
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1117 on: January 04, 2013, 10:50:01 AM »

Debunked in the original thread. And I was referring primarily to the last sentence, which only makes sense if you consider Strom Thurmond a pro-civil rights moderate. And completely ignore what Nixon's political strategist said.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1118 on: January 04, 2013, 01:46:19 PM »

Racism, like most isms, is not binary. Nixon's objective was to walk the tightrope between Humphrey's strong and longstanding record on Civil Rights and Wallace. Nixon positioned himself as a happy medium. His racism was just right Smiley
Nixon was not a racist.  He actually had a much better civil rights record as president than LBJ.  Here's a Nixon campaign ad from 1960 to prove that:
http://www.youtube.com/index?&desktop_uri=%2F#/watch?v=dAlZHfaksQM

If he supported civil rights in 1960, then what makes you think he would have such an about-face in just eight years?  I think much of he Nixon-as-racist myth comes from the fact that Nixon simply makes an easy pinata for left-wing historians because of Watergate.  But that doesn't change the fact that Nixon was one of our best presidents on civl rights. 

Debunked in the original thread. And I was referring primarily to the last sentence, which only makes sense if you consider Strom Thurmond a pro-civil rights moderate. And completely ignore what Nixon's political strategist said.
Which of Nixon's strategists?  Don't say Lee Atwater because he was only 17 in 1968, so he couldn't have been one of Nixon's strategists.  And the simple fact is, plenty of moderate Northerners moved to the South in the 50s and 60s, and they were much more inclined to support civil rights, and thus Republican candidates.  So my explanatio  makes perfect sense, and it's also what another Nixon strategist (Pat Buchanan) said about it.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1119 on: January 04, 2013, 03:46:40 PM »

Don't say Lee Atwater because he was only 17 in 1968, so he couldn't have been one of Nixon's strategists. 

wut
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #1120 on: January 04, 2013, 06:55:05 PM »

Pat Buchanan used as a source.. Hahahahaha
Vazdul (Formerly Chairman of the Communist Party of Ontario)
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1121 on: January 04, 2013, 07:04:51 PM »

Nixon was not a racist.  He actually had a much better civil rights record as president than LBJ.  Here's a Nixon campaign ad from 1960 to prove that:
http://www.youtube.com/index?&desktop_uri=%2F#/watch?v=dAlZHfaksQM

If he supported civil rights in 1960, then what makes you think he would have such an about-face in just eight years?  I think much of he Nixon-as-racist myth comes from the fact that Nixon simply makes an easy pinata for left-wing historians because of Watergate.  But that doesn't change the fact that Nixon was one of our best presidents on civl rights. 

Which of Nixon's strategists?  Don't say Lee Atwater because he was only 17 in 1968, so he couldn't have been one of Nixon's strategists.  And the simple fact is, plenty of moderate Northerners moved to the South in the 50s and 60s, and they were much more inclined to support civil rights, and thus Republican candidates.  So my explanatio  makes perfect sense, and it's also what another Nixon strategist (Pat Buchanan) said about it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Phillips_(political_commentator)

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1122 on: January 04, 2013, 11:15:26 PM »

Steve Palazzo (R-MS)
Randy Weber (R-TX)

The hypocrisy is revolting. I hope their districts don't get a dime from any natural disasters that befall them in the coming years.

You want 1.4 million to suffer because of 2 people? Sad

Yes I do. These people didn't seize their congressional seats in a coup. Their constituents voted for them. Steve Palazzo's district in particular deserves to get it good and hard - how much money did they get after Katrina? And we all know Mississippi gets far more federal dollars than in pays in taxes. Let the Tea Partiers who elected Mr. Palazzo be reminded that in the grand scheme of things, they are the moochers and takers they love to rail against.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1123 on: January 05, 2013, 01:12:20 AM »

Why didn't someone tell Adam Lanza that the Sandy Hook Elementary School was a gun free zone?

He clearly found out from somewhere -- not sure he would've gone in otherwise.
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1124 on: January 05, 2013, 12:05:20 PM »

To the weary and downtrodden, to the desperate and destitute, to the forsaken and forlorn, to all those who fear what tomorrow may bring, to all those seeking a brighter dawn, to all those who are looking to face the future with hope and optimism, I say fear not.

HELP IS ON THE WAY!

Can't pay your rent?  Can't feed your family?  Can't afford a good education?  Can't buy a suitable home?  Can't afford the daily necessities of life?

Fear not.  President Winfield will take care of you. 

FROM CRADLE TO GRAVE!

A NATION TO SAVE!

I am today announcing my candidacy for President of Atlasia, so that all may benefit from what this nation has to offer.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies