The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:06:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 ... 80
Author Topic: The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts  (Read 261802 times)
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1150 on: January 10, 2013, 08:25:00 PM »

Obama reminds me of Pol Pot. Would claim to be trying to set up a left wing utopia when in reality he would be creating a cult of personality authoritarian dictatorship.

You don't know opebo do you? He's opening admited to not really caring about left wing causes/the rights of people/etc. Case and point, he supported Gaddafi.

You said "Obama". A Freudian slip that reveals how deranged your brand of conservatism is.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1151 on: January 10, 2013, 08:26:34 PM »

For purchase enquiry you can contact us via any email below... SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Contact Name : Nguyen Guevara

WTF kind of name is that?

Vietnamese Hispanic it looks like.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1152 on: January 10, 2013, 08:46:32 PM »

Obama reminds me of Pol Pot. Would claim to be trying to set up a left wing utopia when in reality he would be creating a cult of personality authoritarian dictatorship.

You don't know opebo do you? He's opening admited to not really caring about left wing causes/the rights of people/etc. Case and point, he supported Gaddafi.

You said "Obama". A Freudian slip that reveals how deranged your brand of conservatism is.

Epic fail on my part. I was texting a friend and we were discussing something about Obama so I'd been typing that name on and off for the last half hour. Obama is close to Opebo and it just came out. Obviously I don't like Obama but in his own (wrong) way he's trying to do what's best for the country. Your name clearly suits you though. Smiley
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1153 on: January 10, 2013, 10:34:07 PM »

Hey, I'm not offended by being called a pie eater or a panty muncher, I take pride in being called as such.  So what is wrong with calling gay men Hanes grazers?
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1154 on: January 10, 2013, 10:46:26 PM »

There was a blatent shafting. 2016 Obama's America, the highest grossing documentary was not nominated for best documentary
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1155 on: January 10, 2013, 10:50:01 PM »

The last generation of Pokemon I partook in was Ruby/Sapphire. So not really.

Ten years ago, I would have been, but not now.  They're always coming up with new ones, and I can never keep up.  Plus, I quit playing those games for religious reasons.

Lol, what? There really is almost nothing to do with religion in the whole franchise.

He might be referring to the fact that pokemon "evolve". As I recall he belongs to a fundamentalist denomination (Seventh-Day Adventists?), so that may be an issue for him.
Not really.  It has more to do with the fact that there were psychic and ghost Pokemon.  Plus, I heard somewhere that Pokemon is supposed to mean "pocket devil."  Granted, I know it was originally called Pocket Monsters in Japan, but still...
FTR, the farthest I went with the games was Fire Red and Leaf Green.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #1156 on: January 10, 2013, 11:22:45 PM »

I really think he's trying to  with everyone. If he isn't then I am incredibly depressed reading those posts.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1157 on: January 11, 2013, 11:27:19 AM »
« Edited: January 11, 2013, 11:29:59 AM by Swimming The Channel Vs. Driving The Chunnel »

I have survived.  We've got about a foot of snow sitting out there with heavy snow still falling.  It should keep falling all day today, and into tomorrow morning before lake effect bands set up.  Our NBC affiliate says we may not get out of it completely until Sunday morning.

I'm thankful right now they drew my name out of the hat to stay home today.  I would have tried to go, but it would have been a big challenge and I likely would have been a nervous wreck in just the 1.25 miles to get to work.  The roads should be clear by Monday.  Until then, I'm going nowhere this weekend.  Church on Sunday is looking a little suspect, as well, but I won't make that determination until tomorrow night.

The Airport has received 7.1", but they're usually one of the lowest amounts.  S Midvale/N Sandy has probably a foot out there with, again, more falling and more on the way.  They're trying to plow right now, but are fighting a losing effort for right now...

OMG A WHOLE FOOT OF SNOW!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1158 on: January 11, 2013, 04:36:40 PM »

The fact this this Oldies guy seemingly has 75% of the forum in an uproar whenever he posts is too funny. I don't think I've ever read one of his posts.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1159 on: January 11, 2013, 06:00:20 PM »

The fact this this Oldies guy seemingly has 75% of the forum in an uproar whenever he posts is too funny. I don't think I've ever read one of his posts.

You should. It's comedic gold.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1160 on: January 11, 2013, 06:12:57 PM »

Silver.  Bushie is gold.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1161 on: January 11, 2013, 07:52:08 PM »

Silver.  Bushie is gold.
Who gets Bronze?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #1162 on: January 12, 2013, 06:54:38 PM »

Haha, that's awesome. Really, he shouldn't get more than a slap on the wrist, though unfortunately he'll probably end up getting some significant jailtime.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #1163 on: January 12, 2013, 07:13:13 PM »

Haha, that's awesome. Really, he shouldn't get more than a slap on the wrist, though unfortunately he'll probably end up getting some significant jailtime.

You didn't think that psychopath was being totally "awesome", bro?
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #1164 on: January 12, 2013, 07:43:46 PM »
« Edited: January 12, 2013, 07:47:07 PM by Vosem »

He was. Nobody was ever in danger, as he had no weapon on him. He was just an idiot, and idiocy of a sufficient scale is, as you say, totally awesome by virtue of its comedic value. Bro. I'd hate to be the kid whose dad did that, though...

All he actually did was, as ChairmanSanchez noted in the other thread, was disturbing the peace and trespassing. Both of which, on the first offense in most places, get a slap on the wrist. Instead he'll likely be sent to prison for terrorism.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #1165 on: January 12, 2013, 07:46:18 PM »

Click for context.

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1166 on: January 12, 2013, 07:59:45 PM »

He was. Nobody was ever in danger, as he had no weapon on him. He was just an idiot, and idiocy of a sufficient scale is, as you say, totally awesome by virtue of its comedic value. Bro. I'd hate to be the kid whose dad did that, though...

All he actually did was, as ChairmanSanchez noted in the other thread, was disturbing the peace and trespassing. Both of which, on the first offense in most places, get a slap on the wrist. Instead he'll likely be sent to prison for terrorism.

I'm glad you think scaring the hell out of people (probably little children included) to make a dumb political point is "awesome."
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #1167 on: January 12, 2013, 08:20:35 PM »
« Edited: January 12, 2013, 08:22:29 PM by Vosem »

I'm glad you think scaring the hell out of people (probably little children included) to make a dumb political point is "awesome."

It's not the act itself so much as the line of reasoning that led to it.

1. There have been numerous school shootings recently.
2. There could be one at my child's school.
3. I have to make this less likely somehow.
4. I've got it -- I can arrive and test their security system by pretending to be an armed intruder!

The fact that this line of reasoning actually went through someone's head at some point is so funny that I do find it "awesome." Sorry if that offends you, I guess?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1168 on: January 13, 2013, 12:33:08 AM »

Why do you assume he was making a political point?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1169 on: January 13, 2013, 02:59:13 AM »

Vosem, you're not funny. You are terrible. Please go away and don't come back until you are a better human being.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #1170 on: January 13, 2013, 08:54:07 AM »

He has a point here, though.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1171 on: January 13, 2013, 12:58:15 PM »

Booker, to allow the GOP a chance at winning the seat.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1172 on: January 13, 2013, 01:22:01 PM »

I hope Scott Brown does win John Kerry's senate seat though. He'll run on being a moderate this time to distance himself from GOP hard right.
I couldn't agree more.  And as for Warren being dangerous, it's because she's the first official elected on the strength of the Occupy protesters.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #1173 on: January 13, 2013, 02:29:56 PM »

How is this any different than when Democrats vote strategically in Republican primaries?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1174 on: January 13, 2013, 02:34:11 PM »

How is this any different than when Democrats vote strategically in Republican primaries?

It's absurd because Booker is far more electable than Lautenberg.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies