The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:53:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 ... 80
Author Topic: The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts  (Read 261781 times)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1250 on: January 26, 2013, 02:54:55 PM »

I would argue all of them are of equal importance, however even though I personally like the 1st, 4th, and 10th best, the 2nd is the only one which guarantees the ability to protect the others.

I fail too see what's absurd, ignorant, or bad about that post...

I'd like to remind the Libs on this forum, this isn't for partisan hackery.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1251 on: January 26, 2013, 03:18:00 PM »

I would argue all of them are of equal importance, however even though I personally like the 1st, 4th, and 10th best, the 2nd is the only one which guarantees the ability to protect the others.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1252 on: January 26, 2013, 03:34:22 PM »

I mean, I guess he's technically correct, but it's a dumb non sequitor that doesn't have anything to do with anything.

Well that and the idea that the right to own a weapon as part of a militia is even comparable in significance to basic, internationally-recognized freedoms/rights like free expression or due process.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1253 on: January 26, 2013, 03:49:44 PM »

There's no way to argue rationally with someone who seriously thinks that, in the 21st century, our sole defense against tyranny is represented by some random nutjob with his rifle. There's nothing to do but laugh (or cry, depending on the mood).
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1254 on: January 26, 2013, 05:11:47 PM »

There's no way to argue rationally with someone who seriously thinks that, in the 21st century, our sole defense against tyranny is represented by some random nutjob with his rifle that Americans shouldn't have our right to keep and bear arms. There's nothing to do but laugh (or cry, depending on the mood).
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1255 on: January 26, 2013, 05:35:39 PM »

There's no way to argue rationally with someone who seriously thinks that, in the 21st century, our sole defense against tyranny is represented by some random nutjob with his rifle that Americans shouldn't have our right to keep and bear arms. There's nothing to do but laugh (or cry, depending on the mood).

Sam, what Jbrase and many others have said is not simply that Americans have the right to own a gun. I think they should have that right. What Jbrase said is that privately owned guns protect Americans from tyranny, and that's not true. The government isn't waiting with bated breath for everyone to put down their guns so that it can send us all to death camps.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1256 on: January 26, 2013, 07:07:10 PM »

Most Democrats, the moronic lefties... love to redefine actual events as inaccurate and paint over the inconvenient and painful truths;

Calm down, bro. A sizable portion of your party believes the Earth is ~6,000 years old.

Which isn't necessarily wrong.  I personally believe the earth is millions of years old, but that man is ~6,000 years old, based on the Bible which is infallible.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1257 on: January 26, 2013, 07:08:39 PM »

Most Democrats, the moronic lefties... love to redefine actual events as inaccurate and paint over the inconvenient and painful truths;

Calm down, bro. A sizable portion of your party believes the Earth is ~6,000 years old.

Which isn't necessarily wrong.  I personally believe the earth is millions of years old, but that man is ~6,000 years old, based on the Bible which is infallible.

Beat me to it. I WISH I read that one wrong.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1258 on: January 26, 2013, 07:10:21 PM »

Which isn't necessarily wrong.  I personally believe the earth is millions of years old, but that man is ~6,000 years old, based on the Bible which is infallible.

Beat me to it. I WISH I read that one wrong.

It's best never to assume that with the poster in question.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1259 on: January 27, 2013, 01:43:23 AM »

There's a huge difference between supporting people's rights to private firearm ownership and believing that a bunch of a rednecks with some cheap knockoffs of military weapons are the only thing preventing some type of Nazi/Stalinist dictatorship from taking over.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1260 on: January 27, 2013, 12:03:41 PM »

And no, Christians are not stupid, just as not all blacks are lazy, not all Irish are drunks, and not all Jews are greedy.  You can never make generalizations like that.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #1261 on: January 27, 2013, 12:16:38 PM »

And no, Christians are not stupid, just as not all blacks are lazy, not all Irish are drunks, and not all Jews are greedy.  You can never make generalizations like that.

Not to defend Oldiesfreak, but what's bad about that post?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1262 on: January 27, 2013, 12:18:56 PM »

The implications are just amazing. Not all blacks are lazy? Not all Jews are greedy? How good of him to recognize that there are some good ones out there.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #1263 on: January 27, 2013, 12:20:21 PM »

The implications are just amazing. Not all blacks are lazy? Not all Jews are greedy? How good of him to recognize that there are some good ones out there.

Ok, I just read it as saying that stereotypes aren't usually true, but I see what you mean. Might have just been poor wording though.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1264 on: January 27, 2013, 01:23:35 PM »

SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #1265 on: January 27, 2013, 03:34:47 PM »

Not to mention that this is a guy who stereotypes anyone south of the Mason-Dixon line as racist.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1266 on: January 27, 2013, 04:50:50 PM »

Last time I checked, President Bush wasn't a bad president.  I'm a Democrat, but IMO, he was the better person to handle 9/11.  President Bush was also far from "dumb".  He is extremely intelligent (almost too much for his own good).  He wasn't a great president, but he wasn't a bad president, either.  I think history will smile on his administration overall.  Iraq was not a mistake, initially, it was IMPERATIVE to get Saddam Hussein out of there.  The problem lies in not being prepared for such a quick and decisive victory over the Saddam regime.  Al Gore would have been alright, but he's just not a likeable guy.  President Obama, OTOH, is very likeable and very intelligtent.  Al Gore needs to stay in the background, otherwise he will pretty much guarantee a Republican will be inaugurated on January 20, 2017.  Also, Hillary is far from a guarantee.  Even if she does run, she's not automatically going to win.  America is still a center-right country.

Nobody, and I mean nobody, can call George W. Bush dumb and be correct.
That's not an absurd, ignorant, or bad post because it's true, aside from America being a center-right country (it's actually center-left).
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #1267 on: January 27, 2013, 05:18:02 PM »

Last time I checked, President Bush wasn't a bad president.  I'm a Democrat, but IMO, he was the better person to handle 9/11.  President Bush was also far from "dumb".  He is extremely intelligent (almost too much for his own good).  He wasn't a great president, but he wasn't a bad president, either.  I think history will smile on his administration overall.  Iraq was not a mistake, initially, it was IMPERATIVE to get Saddam Hussein out of there.  The problem lies in not being prepared for such a quick and decisive victory over the Saddam regime.  Al Gore would have been alright, but he's just not a likeable guy.  President Obama, OTOH, is very likeable and very intelligtent.  Al Gore needs to stay in the background, otherwise he will pretty much guarantee a Republican will be inaugurated on January 20, 2017.  Also, Hillary is far from a guarantee.  Even if she does run, she's not automatically going to win.  America is still a center-right country.

That's not an absurd, ignorant, or bad post because it's true, aside from America being a center-right country (it's actually center-left).

No, America defiantly a center-right country...
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1268 on: January 27, 2013, 06:29:22 PM »

I don't think a country that supports universal health care, the AWB, abortion rights, and higher taxes while opposing cuts to Medicare and SS is "center-right".
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1269 on: January 27, 2013, 06:31:52 PM »
« Edited: January 27, 2013, 06:38:16 PM by Governor Scott »

I've always considered America a "center" country, with no allegiance to any particular ideology and a firm opposition to extremism.  I would contend that its early days (i.e. post colonization) were what we'd see today as 'conservative,' however.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #1270 on: January 27, 2013, 07:00:03 PM »

I don't think a country that supports universal health care, the AWB, abortion rights, and higher taxes while opposing cuts to Medicare and SS is "center-right".

America is right-wing compared to most other countries, but I suppose the country as a whole isn't really center-right in an American context...
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1271 on: January 27, 2013, 07:22:42 PM »

Stop conversing.......just post
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1272 on: January 27, 2013, 07:53:48 PM »

Tell me, Alfred, how many Americans in the latest polling have agreed with the statement "I would like my taxes to be higher."?
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1273 on: January 27, 2013, 08:21:35 PM »

Tell me, Alfred, how many Americans in the latest polling have agreed with the statement "I would like my taxes to be higher."?

Warren Buffett, at least. And higher taxes doesn't mean higher taxes on middle-class Americans; people want to raise taxes on the rich, and that counts.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #1274 on: January 27, 2013, 10:38:43 PM »

Warren Buffett, at least. And higher taxes doesn't mean higher taxes on middle-class Americans; people want to raise taxes on the rich, and that counts.

People want taxes raised on everyone except themselves. The mercurial other.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies