The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:35:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 ... 80
Author Topic: The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts  (Read 261790 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1275 on: January 27, 2013, 11:21:52 PM »

Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #1276 on: January 28, 2013, 01:47:43 AM »

The Republicans from the 1860s ould be Republicans today  and the Democrats from the old days 1860s would be Liberal Democrats today.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1277 on: January 28, 2013, 05:57:01 AM »

I don't think a country that supports universal health care, the AWB, abortion rights, and higher taxes while opposing cuts to Medicare and SS is "center-right".

Tell me, Alfred, how many Americans in the latest polling have agreed with the statement "I would like my taxes to be higher."?

Warren Buffett, at least. And higher taxes doesn't mean higher taxes on middle-class Americans; people want to raise taxes on the rich, and that counts.

People want taxes raised on everyone except themselves. The mercurial other.

Warren Buffett doesn't. And that's better than wanting spending cut for no one at all, not even themselves.

And this conversation has gone on too long, we should stop it.
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1278 on: January 28, 2013, 01:00:58 PM »

In all seriousness, charts "country" followed by the other charts crap (Top40). Mostly because are, literally, music targeted towards morons. And rural(ish) white morons in the first case.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1279 on: January 28, 2013, 01:03:14 PM »

He's obviously referring to mainstream pop-country there. I believe Lewis is a fan of Johnny Cash.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1280 on: January 28, 2013, 01:06:30 PM »
« Edited: January 28, 2013, 02:29:07 PM by Governor Scott »

He's obviously referring to mainstream pop-country there. I believe Lewis is a fan of Johnny Cash.

My problem isn't necessarily with his dislike of that kind of music, it's the painting of an entire music genre with a broad brush.  I don't believe in insulting any kind of music because I don't believe you have to have a certain degree of intelligence to enjoy something.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1281 on: January 28, 2013, 02:21:15 PM »
« Edited: January 28, 2013, 02:22:50 PM by Oldiesfreak1854 »

The Republicans from the 1860s ould be Republicans today  and the Democrats from the old days 1860s would be Liberal Democrats today.
Absolutely they should be if they were around!  And they would be; they never "switched sides", the times (and the meanings of liberal and conservative)  just changed and made Republicans the conservatives and Democrats the liberals.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1282 on: January 28, 2013, 02:26:54 PM »

Thanks for posting that directly into the Deluge.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1283 on: January 28, 2013, 02:31:23 PM »

The Republicans from the 1860s ould be Republicans today  and the Democrats from the old days 1860s would be Liberal Democrats today.
Absolutely they should be if they were around!  And they would be; they never "switched sides", the times (and the meanings of liberal and conservative)  just changed and made Republicans the conservatives and Democrats the liberals.

BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1284 on: January 28, 2013, 02:33:45 PM »

In the Oldiesfreak world Strom Thurmond was to the left of Robert LaFollette.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #1285 on: January 28, 2013, 02:44:46 PM »

Until he had a change of heart and became a Republican because of the Democrats' opposition to the Civil Rights Act.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1286 on: January 28, 2013, 07:14:28 PM »

But it's true.

Until he had a change of heart and became a Republican because of the Democrats' opposition to the Civil Rights Act.
Yeah, but most segregationists never left the Democratic party.  A few became Republicans, but most did not.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1287 on: January 28, 2013, 07:17:00 PM »

But it's true.

If you actually believe Strom Thurmond was to the left of Robert LaFollette, yes.

Yeah, but most segregationists never left the Democratic party.  A few became Republicans, but most did not.

And basically all of those are dead today. Or if not dead out of politics and with no influence whatsoever.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #1288 on: January 29, 2013, 08:27:25 AM »

My problem isn't necessarily with his dislike of that kind of music, it's the painting of an entire music genre with a broad brush.  I don't believe in insulting any kind of music because I don't believe you have to have a certain degree of intelligence to enjoy something.
No, but having below a certain degree of intelligence and/or taste is frequently required.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1289 on: January 29, 2013, 09:03:43 AM »

But it's true.

If you actually believe Strom Thurmond was to the left of Robert LaFollette, yes.

And basically all of those are dead today. Or if not dead out of politics and with no influence whatsoever.
Lincoln is dead today as well, but does he seriously not make you more likely to support Republicans?
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1290 on: January 29, 2013, 09:07:36 AM »

Lincoln is dead today as well, but does he seriously not make you more likely to support Republicans?

Of course he doesn't.  What kind of jackass supports a party because of one leader 150 years ago?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1291 on: January 29, 2013, 09:07:49 AM »

Stop trolling, Oldies.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1292 on: January 29, 2013, 11:29:37 AM »

BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1293 on: January 29, 2013, 11:42:25 AM »

Another appropriate entry straight into the Deluge.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1294 on: January 29, 2013, 11:51:24 AM »

I like to separate it from the noise.
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« Reply #1295 on: January 29, 2013, 01:10:07 PM »

Can we just say https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?action=profile;u=9236;sa=showPosts and then never post another post, as it is cluttering the thread.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1296 on: January 29, 2013, 02:37:15 PM »

But it's true.

Yeah, but they started voting Republican on national, and then state, levels.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1297 on: January 29, 2013, 03:46:47 PM »

Of course he doesn't.  What kind of jackass supports a party because of one leader 150 years ago?
Who would support a nation that interred Japanese Americans 70 years ago either?
The Republicans from the 1860s ould be Republicans today  and the Democrats from the old days 1860s would be Liberal Democrats today.

But it's true.

Yeah, but they started voting Republican on national, and then state, levels.
True, but it wasn't because of race.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #1298 on: January 29, 2013, 04:04:52 PM »

Did you really just cite a visiting scholar from the American Enterprise Institute in an attempt to make your point?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1299 on: January 29, 2013, 04:55:27 PM »

Oldiesfreak decides to be absurd, ignorant and bad on a new topic today:

Well, favorite recent one: Kitzmiller vs. Dover Board of Education

Nova made a documentary about it a few years back: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/evolution/intelligent-design-trial.html

Intelligent Design was revealed as creationism and defeated in front of a Republican judge here in PA. But the whole backstory about how a few local yokels on the school board tried to consciously undermine science is really disturbing. Local reaction there was interestingly pretty much against them.

And of course this is another reason why I dislike local school boards. They should never be allowed to toy with an academic curriculum like that.
I have no problem with teachng intelligent design as a theory and alongside evolution (also taught as a theory and not a fact.)

Of course, Democrat William Jennings Bryan was also a creationist, so I don't know how he reconciles this.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies