The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:49:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 80
Author Topic: The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts  (Read 260900 times)
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: August 12, 2012, 04:03:36 PM »

Every few days some schmuck claims the Republicans were the leaders on civil rights and the natural home of equality and we have to go through the same revisionist discussion again.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #376 on: August 12, 2012, 04:42:09 PM »

The only game worth buying is Starcraft 2. It's the only game I play.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #377 on: August 12, 2012, 06:18:08 PM »

*facepalm*
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #378 on: August 12, 2012, 06:25:29 PM »
« Edited: August 12, 2012, 06:30:31 PM by IDS Legislator SJoyceFla »

He's probably molesting children and seniors without Medicare in his basement as we speak.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

My submissions to the Deluge:

The most left-wing Southerner is probably still not very leftist.

That this was even controversial just shows what a horrible and un-American place Tennessee is.
Vazdul (Formerly Chairman of the Communist Party of Ontario)
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #379 on: August 13, 2012, 12:37:35 AM »

That pretty much doesn't happen nowadays, unless there's a live boy/dead girl type scandal.

Paul Ryan is the most thoroughly unvetted VP in modern history. He's probably molesting children and seniors without Medicare in his basement as we speak.

Paul Ryan is the most thoroughly unvetted VP in modern history. He's probably molesting children and seniors without Medicare in his basement as we speak.

He's probably molesting children and seniors without Medicare in his basement as we speak.

Yup. Somebody just got iggied...
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #380 on: August 13, 2012, 12:38:34 AM »

Racism isn't something unique to conservatives.

That doesn't make Ben's statement any less of a joke.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #381 on: August 13, 2012, 01:09:57 AM »

That this was even controversial just shows what a horrible and un-American place Tennessee is.

To be fair, that last one is kinda true.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #382 on: August 13, 2012, 01:19:52 AM »

Depends on the part of Tennessee.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #383 on: August 13, 2012, 07:06:28 AM »

If he'd used something like 'intolerant' it wouldn't go here, but to call Tennessee un-American when Tennessee is one of the most MURICA states is just absurd.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #384 on: August 13, 2012, 07:41:59 AM »

He uses the specter of out of control deficits to sell a plan that would fund massive tax cuts for the rich through the deaths and impoverishment of millions of poor and elderly Americans.

^^^

Worthy of the guillotine along with the other greedy bastards who 'make' money at the expense of the people.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #385 on: August 13, 2012, 07:50:04 AM »

He uses the specter of out of control deficits to sell a plan that would fund massive tax cuts for the rich through the deaths and impoverishment of millions of poor and elderly Americans.

^^^

Worthy of the guillotine along with the other greedy bastards who 'make' money at the expense of the people.

?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #386 on: August 13, 2012, 08:46:18 AM »

You Fail History Forever.

I cannot support gay marriage as marriage has been the same for time immemorial.

King Solomon and his 700 wives disagree.

Yeah well he was just a bad apple.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #387 on: August 13, 2012, 09:52:28 AM »

The Wives of Henry VIII disapprove your sense of morality, or at least that was what Catherine of Aragon told me.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #388 on: August 13, 2012, 06:55:02 PM »

If this is a realigning election, it could very well be the most important election since 1980.

At times I wonder if J.J. is a bot, but no bot would write a post this inane.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #389 on: August 13, 2012, 07:00:55 PM »

The female vote is easily swayed with the "Boyfriend Factor" 

If a candidate can seem like a compassionate boyfriend, then females will swoon to vote for him, like Clinton, Reagan, GW Bush (over Gore and Kerry). 

Obama had a lot of appeal, but now he seems like the bad boyfriend who steals your money, and leaves you poorer and jobless.  He's like the absentee husband you want to divorce. 

Romney can be viewed as a reliable father figure who knows how to provide for his family.  Paul Ryan will appeal to women 40 and younger. 

The liberals will underestimate the Romney-Ryan ticket at their own peril.  Liberals can laugh now but they won't be laughing in November. 
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #390 on: August 13, 2012, 07:11:41 PM »

Not the original posts, but the edits, obviously.

The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #391 on: August 13, 2012, 07:13:26 PM »

The female vote is easily swayed with the "Boyfriend Factor" 

If a candidate can seem like a compassionate boyfriend, then females will swoon to vote for him, like Clinton, Reagan, GW Bush (over Gore and Kerry). 

Obama had a lot of appeal, but now he seems like the bad boyfriend who steals your money, and leaves you poorer and jobless.  He's like the absentee husband you want to divorce. 

Romney can be viewed as a reliable father figure who knows how to provide for his family.  Paul Ryan will appeal to women 40 and younger. 

The liberals will underestimate the Romney-Ryan ticket at their own peril.  Liberals can laugh now but they won't be laughing in November. 

His post above is almost as ridiculous and insulting-
I have a funny feeling that Shirtless Paul Ryan will win a lot more female voters.  Maybe 5-8% more will vote for him.

But I also wonder if female turnout will just be less.  I know a lot of females that could care less about politics or current events. 
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #392 on: August 13, 2012, 08:24:42 PM »

What did the original posts say?

Also, this thread is starting to suck massive d.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #393 on: August 14, 2012, 11:44:06 AM »

Even if we lose the election and America kicks the can down the road, culminating in a post-American world within 10-20 years after we have our own version of the fall of the Soviet Union, at least we can say that we offered an alternative solution that could have prevented such a tragic occurrence. In other words, nobody will be able to blame Romney/Ryan for the fall of America. Of course, the same cannot be said of Obama/Biden and the like who care only about power in the here and now, the future be damned (that is the problem of somebody else, the way they see it...of course, it is too late by the time the end of this decade rolls around).

IF OBAMA WINS THE US WILL BREAK APART
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #394 on: August 14, 2012, 12:38:00 PM »

!!!

Well I have a theory on that. The vast majority of those falsely convicted were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Most crime tends to happen in unpleasant, seedy places, or at times when law-abiding people are less likely to be out. Therefore I have a theory that most of these people in these areas are probably criminals, or of a criminal bent, so in reality its just saving the trouble of arresting them for an offence they might commit in the future.

I knew that would end up here.

Well when you're advocating for eliminating the justice system...
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #395 on: August 14, 2012, 12:47:46 PM »

!!!

Well I have a theory on that. The vast majority of those falsely convicted were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Most crime tends to happen in unpleasant, seedy places, or at times when law-abiding people are less likely to be out. Therefore I have a theory that most of these people in these areas are probably criminals, or of a criminal bent, so in reality its just saving the trouble of arresting them for an offence they might commit in the future.

I never said that...

You say we should convict innocent people simply because of where they live. That's eliminating the justice system and turning it into, in the words of Jonathan Crane, "just a sentencing hearing".
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #396 on: August 14, 2012, 01:03:58 PM »

!!!

I never said that...

You say we should convict innocent people simply because of where they live. That's eliminating the justice system and turning it into, in the words of Jonathan Crane, "just a sentencing hearing".

I was merely talking about wrongly convicted people, not the whole bloody ghetto.

Why not? They're in an unpleasant seedy place, so they're probably criminals.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #397 on: August 14, 2012, 01:51:53 PM »

!!!

I never said that...

I was merely talking about wrongly convicted people, not the whole bloody ghetto.

Why not? They're in an unpleasant seedy place, so they're probably criminals.

Oh dear, we're going to be in for a long haul..........sigh.
Do you read your own posts?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #398 on: August 14, 2012, 01:57:52 PM »

Someone seems a bit bitter...
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #399 on: August 14, 2012, 07:19:35 PM »
« Edited: August 14, 2012, 07:30:36 PM by Senator Scott »

Europe wants to see America dragged down to its level.

The Democrats' last hope at this point is probably somehow depressing Republican turnout. They'll probably sink so low that they'll turn to bigotry in the form of anti-Mormonism and anti-Catholicism. We all know that a number of the Democrats' campaign workers and volunteers are raging atheists, closeted or otherwise, so it could get ugly with regards to the religious attacks. It may be a couple months off, but we will eventually see one last desperate attempt to drag everybody down into a pointless culture war battle in order to distract folks from the Obama Economy. They will do anything to win, and that will eventually lead to sinking to the lowest of lows due to the fact the Obama economy is absolutely killing the hopes and dreams of millions of Americans (most notably among the Obama youth brigade of 2008). They have replaced hope and change with fear and hate.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies