The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:28:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 80
Author Topic: The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts  (Read 261153 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #625 on: September 25, 2012, 04:04:19 PM »

Poll on whether one supports the temp banning of Keystone Phil:

I still like you, Julio. Smiley
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #626 on: September 25, 2012, 04:30:04 PM »

Regarding Duval Freaking County...

Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #627 on: September 25, 2012, 04:38:06 PM »

I don't even:

Romney has a lot of money and it looks like he'll end up with a lot of money left over after November 6th. Why not make a 20 million ad buy in California? If he could win California, that could offset losses in Ohio, Florida and Virginia

wut

Texans get exactly the kind of government they deserve. They are only Texans, after all. They wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

^^^This. Texans (or at least the conservative mental midget types) don't deserve any government. They can live in the Stone Age and die in poverty for all I care.

F[INKS]ING
WUT
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

« Reply #628 on: September 25, 2012, 04:54:36 PM »

"Quit trolling. These useless obese people should be happy that someone cares about their dietary needs since their obese parents clearly don't." Mondale80

Anything that guy posts is trolling, yet he says everybody else with a blue or green avatar is trolling.  Too much irony.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #629 on: September 25, 2012, 10:01:44 PM »

All these Politico threads are giving me pneumonia.

The truth hurts?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I have started, what, three threads in the past two weeks?

I follow the terms of service. If you do not like dissent, perhaps Democratic Underground would be a more suitable environment for you?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #630 on: September 26, 2012, 01:40:16 PM »

The first part is not absurd per se but once he gives examples you can probably see the big issue:

Romney is a nerd, but so what? He'll get the job done right, unlike the current office holder...

Plus, Obama really isn't that cool. He's a 50 yr old college professor-type. Clinton and GWB got coolness on both Obama and Romney.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #631 on: September 27, 2012, 08:15:07 PM »

People like you are part of the reason why we've been losing the South. Look at Arkansas; they still have New Deal infrastructure in place and are solidly Democratic at a local and state level. Though some of the blame lies on some Blue Dogs being crybabies, some of it does lie on the rise of the DLC and the Democratic Party's abandonment of its history from 1832 to 1980 as the party of the working man to instead be the party of yuppies and women.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #632 on: September 27, 2012, 09:02:04 PM »

Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #633 on: September 28, 2012, 07:02:37 AM »

Certain catastrophically awful ideas never really do go away...
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #634 on: September 28, 2012, 08:58:13 AM »

My big problem with the South is not past racism but past treason, and the fact Southerners idealize such treason, boast about it, and have made an integral part of their entity. What the South needs is a German-style attitude towards the Civil War, and I used to think I'd wish that on no one.

For example, the Confederate Battle Flag is a treasonous symbol, and ideally it would be treated much like the NSDAP flag is treated in Germany.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #635 on: September 28, 2012, 01:34:54 PM »

My big problem with the South is not past racism but past treason, and the fact Southerners idealize such treason, boast about it, and have made an integral part of their entity. What the South needs is a German-style attitude towards the Civil War, and I used to think I'd wish that on no one.

For example, the Confederate Battle Flag is a treasonous symbol, and ideally it would be treated much like the NSDAP flag is treated in Germany.

...I don't see the problem with this.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #636 on: September 28, 2012, 02:22:37 PM »

I am so done with this guy

High tech drones which have killed tons of innocent individuals, including targets wrongly accused, also including at least one American citizen.

Your point?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #637 on: September 28, 2012, 03:14:35 PM »

See: speech, freedom of.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #638 on: September 28, 2012, 03:24:56 PM »

See: speech, freedom of.

I didn't suggest he couldn't or shouldn't say it......the freedom to say stupid sh**t is firmly entrenched in our constitution.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #639 on: September 28, 2012, 04:52:50 PM »

wow:

There were some questions if Obama was a covert agent for the CIA after college
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #640 on: September 28, 2012, 04:58:49 PM »

Per request, and since the Mondale84 posts are clogging up the main Deluge/Ore Mine/Institute.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #641 on: September 28, 2012, 05:00:06 PM »

Excellent thread idea + title
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #642 on: September 28, 2012, 05:07:10 PM »

Examples of what goes here:

High tech drones which have killed tons of innocent individuals, including targets wrongly accused, also including at least one American citizen.

Your point?
[/quote]

Texans get exactly the kind of government they deserve. They are only Texans, after all. They wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

^^^This. Texans (or at least the conservative mental midget types) don't deserve any government. They can live in the Stone Age and die in poverty for all I care.

I figure SurveyUSA's polls are typically about 7 points off from the rest. Obama's doing about as well as he did last time.

I agree. But I just add a standard 5 points to Obama's margin in every SUSA poll, 7 in every Rassy poll, 2-4 in every PPP poll, and usually about 8-10 in all Republican internals.

It's way too early to say that. If the situation is like this on October 11, than it will be different.

Obama will probably have a 15-point lead by then, so yes it's too early to tell how big Obama's mandate will be.

Well, that depends on how polling stands on election day.
As of now, I certainly wouldn't call this "underperforming."

It certainly is with the current map:

The only issue being that's not the current map.

Well yes, I know that I'm being a little optimistic for the GOP, but the current polling certainly wouldn't exclude a map in this ballpark.

Anywhere he says "Obama easily." for random conservative counties, or Mikado's sig.
後援会
koenkai

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -2.52

« Reply #643 on: September 28, 2012, 05:08:29 PM »

This thread is a waste of space, much like the main Deluge/Ore Mine. But even more of a waste of space because it's dedicated to a single person.

Instead of making useless threads, I recommend the usage of the block function - of which this specific case is the only one that motivates me to use it. Because that's what it's for.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #644 on: September 28, 2012, 05:11:01 PM »

I always press "show," though. I just can't help it.

The thing is, I honestly think mondale is objectively worse than Politico. There must be a mechanism to remove people like him from the forum.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #645 on: September 28, 2012, 05:12:00 PM »

This thread is a waste of space, much like the main Deluge/Ore Mine. But even more of a waste of space because it's dedicated to a single person.

Instead of making useless threads, I recommend the usage of the block function - of which this specific case is the only one that motivates me to use it. Because that's what it's for.

As long as the Deluge/Ore Mine continues to exist, Mondale's posts shall continue to go there. It's a space-saving mechanism so the Deluge can be used for more out-of-the-ordinary absurdity/ignorance.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #646 on: September 28, 2012, 06:21:21 PM »

wow:

Excellent. Simply excellent.

Has J.J. pre-ordered his copy of 2016 yet?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #647 on: September 28, 2012, 09:17:20 PM »
« Edited: September 28, 2012, 10:20:16 PM by Badger »

Er, that is to say I agree, not that the response belongs here.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #648 on: September 29, 2012, 01:42:09 AM »

wow:

Excellent. Simply excellent.

Has J.J. pre-ordered his copy of 2016 yet?

He did say it was a positive. I'd take it as a positive.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #649 on: September 29, 2012, 01:43:16 AM »

Er, that is to say I agree, not that the response belongs here.

Well, put it in the Gallery...
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies