The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:28:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 80
Author Topic: The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts  (Read 260932 times)
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #650 on: September 29, 2012, 09:12:39 AM »

wow:

There were some questions if Obama was a covert agent for the CIA after college

Excellent. Simply excellent.

Has J.J. pre-ordered his copy of 2016 yet?

He did say it was a positive. I'd take it as a positive.

Doesn't mean it's not completely absurd. I can't say I've ever seen these "questions" raised. Anyone else?
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #651 on: September 29, 2012, 09:49:24 AM »

wow:

There were some questions if Obama was a covert agent for the CIA after college

Excellent. Simply excellent.

Has J.J. pre-ordered his copy of 2016 yet?

He did say it was a positive. I'd take it as a positive.

Doesn't mean it's not completely absurd. I can't say I've ever seen these "questions" raised. Anyone else?

It's a standard J. J. tactic to say something ridiculous like that and then say "Oh but I'm not necessarily saying this is a bad thing." And yeah this is the first I've ever heard of that too.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #652 on: September 29, 2012, 01:31:20 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Let's see. Vote for the pro abortion pro gay marriage Muslim or for the pro abortion pro gay marriage Mormon?

What a thrilling election. Sad

We've been having this discussion at my workplace - lots of conservative Catholics there. We all feel that our last chance for a decent candidate was Santorum, and since he's out - lots of folks choosing to stay home.

Everyone is hunkering down for the next 4 years because we know it's going to suck, but Texas should weather the storm.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #653 on: September 29, 2012, 03:03:15 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Let's see. Vote for the pro abortion pro gay marriage Muslim or for the pro abortion pro gay marriage Mormon?

What a thrilling election. Sad

We've been having this discussion at my workplace - lots of conservative Catholics there. We all feel that our last chance for a decent candidate was Santorum, and since he's out - lots of folks choosing to stay home.

Everyone is hunkering down for the next 4 years because we know it's going to suck, but Texas should weather the storm.

Minus the Muslim part, this actually reflects the opinion of a lot of people I know.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #654 on: September 29, 2012, 03:21:14 PM »

The Muslim part is the one that warrants its inclusion here though.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #655 on: September 29, 2012, 04:50:12 PM »

So you think Obama is in full collapse, Lief?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #656 on: September 30, 2012, 01:40:15 PM »

I've posted my mental image of SJoyce before, so..

Pingvin:

Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #657 on: October 02, 2012, 01:23:40 PM »

I know I'm taking the trollbait, but I love this.

Now, New England does have some good leftists. I absolutely adore Joe Lieberman
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #658 on: October 02, 2012, 01:28:26 PM »

I think that was an attempt at understated comedy.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #659 on: October 02, 2012, 01:44:32 PM »

I think that was an attempt at understated comedy.

Unfortunately I think seeing it context makes that look unlikely -

Hey. Wassup, man?

No, in all seriousness, we're talking about politicians, not posters...and, yeah, Bernie Sanders and Lizzy Warren suck. Chris Dodd sucks, so does Dan Malloy. John Kerry. Barney Frank & Dan Cicilline. John Tierney. Chellie Pingree. New England has a lot of really awful leftists.

Now, New England does have some good leftists. I absolutely adore Joe Lieberman (please don't lynch me) and there are some 'worthy opponents' I have a deal of respect for, like Peter Shumlin, Carol Shea-Porter, John Lynch, or Jeanne Shaheen.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #660 on: October 02, 2012, 02:42:42 PM »

Vosem is a pretty hawkish Jew, so I think he might be serious.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #661 on: October 03, 2012, 08:17:53 PM »

Anyone else worried the Senate is going to become a lot more "girly" with all these new females coming in? They might just decide to go shopping instead of doing actual legislation.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #662 on: October 03, 2012, 09:24:32 PM »

Vosem is a pretty hawkish Jew, so I think he might be serious.

Lieberman is mostly known for his foreign-policy stances, which I agree on, so yes, I do very much like Lieberman. That said, on second thought 'adore' is probably too strong a term, since Lieberman has a repressive streak (he's anti-violent video games, for example). But, yeah, Lieberman is one of my favorite NE leftists (if you call him that, I guess).

I know I'm taking the trollbait, but I love this.

'Trollbait'?
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #663 on: October 04, 2012, 02:04:10 AM »

How could I forget to post this?

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=160451.0

He makes it too easy.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #664 on: October 04, 2012, 05:15:24 AM »

no
後援会
koenkai

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -2.52

« Reply #665 on: October 05, 2012, 02:12:04 PM »

Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #666 on: October 05, 2012, 03:23:05 PM »

Goddamn.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #667 on: October 05, 2012, 04:26:37 PM »

My teachers are too aware of what my reaction would be to try that with me...

Charming little fycker, aren't you?

Well, I don't like to be immodest, but...

When politics is discussed in my clique, it usually comes down to me saying something and everyone agreeing. I am a rather persuasive person in real life (I recall a rather heated argument about Libya with my English teacher, where I was actually against intervention and she was for it, where I managed to convince the entire class that Gaddafi was preferable to the rebels, and f**k the mainstream media).

Vosem's got some foot-in-mouth disease this week...
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #668 on: October 05, 2012, 05:49:04 PM »

Did I miss this one?

Admitted drug addict, Barack Obama has used cocaine and marijuana often during his high school and college years.  He told Jay Leno that he loved to inhale marijuana and "that was the point."  He's also tried to quit cigarette smoking during his first term. 

Do you feel comfortable voting for an admitted drug addict? 

Granted, most voters want marijuana legalized, so the stigma of drug addiction is lessened.  GW Bush was often seen at parties with cocaine and his presidency was a resounding success. 

Does drug addiction to marijuana or anything else affect a President's ability to have success? 

Will Obama succumb to the temptation of cigarettes before his 2nd debate performance?
後援会
koenkai

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -2.52

« Reply #669 on: October 05, 2012, 06:37:40 PM »

Not only are you certifiably insane, but your snide insinuation that only Europeans (and not Asians) can have legitimate political opinions is the vilest, most offensive sentiment I have seen so far on the board, albeit quite representative of the typical snobby Western expat. Blocked.

Dude, I'm not insinuating anything, I'm just repeating anecdotes.  Though the insinuation is also accurate.  What do you mean 'blocked'?

Remember, only white people can have real opinions.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #670 on: October 05, 2012, 06:48:26 PM »

My teachers are too aware of what my reaction would be to try that with me...

Charming little fycker, aren't you?

Well, I don't like to be immodest, but...

When politics is discussed in my clique, it usually comes down to me saying something and everyone agreeing. I am a rather persuasive person in real life (I recall a rather heated argument about Libya with my English teacher, where I was actually against intervention and she was for it, where I managed to convince the entire class that Gaddafi was preferable to the rebels, and f**k the mainstream media).

Vosem's got some foot-in-mouth disease this week...

That was stated ineloquently, but I think the point -- my reaction would be to try to argue with the teacher on the merits of what they are saying, and considering precedent would have at least a fair chance of 'winning' in the sense of making the student body sympathetic to my point of view -- is pretty clear, and is basically the same thing that Torie said upthread.

That said, I've been getting a max of 6 hours of sleep a night for the past week, so at the very least I have an excuse.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #671 on: October 06, 2012, 03:27:35 PM »

The things you find when you check out the second wave feminist subforum in DU (that basically everyone else hates, including other feminists. It's like their equivalent of the 2012 forum) I'd say "LOL" but it's so dumb it's not even funny.

You're acting as if this were an isolated, radical fringe. There are a lot more of these people than you'd think especially among the white upper class.
White upper class women don't have political views. They're too busy shopping and scolding the nanny. In any case, the man haters are usually the unattractive girls who haven't been treated right. Money has very little to do with it.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #672 on: October 06, 2012, 04:16:38 PM »

The things you find when you check out the second wave feminist subforum in DU (that basically everyone else hates, including other feminists. It's like their equivalent of the 2012 forum) I'd say "LOL" but it's so dumb it's not even funny.

You're acting as if this were an isolated, radical fringe. There are a lot more of these people than you'd think especially among the white upper class.
White upper class women don't have political views. They're too busy shopping and scolding the nanny. In any case, the man haters are usually the unattractive girls who haven't been treated right. Money has very little to do with it.

Is the best I can do.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #673 on: October 07, 2012, 01:47:04 PM »

Steadily decreasing unemployment? Hell yeah, I want that.

Now can someone please delete this?

I am trying to spur discussion about the next debate. Why are you afraid? Why do you think this is a place of partisan censorship?

BTW, it would take 17 years of 114,000 jobs per month to create 23 million jobs. If millions had not stopped looking for work, unemployment would be 11% today. 50% of
college graduates this year have been unable to find work! Do you want to be one of them at some point in the not-so-distant future?
Dude, have you ever wondered, WHY we need to create 23 million more jobs anyway? What event and who's policies made it so we those 23 million jobs aren't still here?

The why is complicated yet also simple: Subprime mortgages and the unity of investment/commercial banking.

It is simple to blame Bush like a simpleton. Unfortunately, it's not that simple.
Exactly, these problems go back at least to the waning years of the Clinton Adm. If you expected over 12 years of mess to get cleaned up in 3 1/2 than there's something wrong here.
Reagan. Though the Clinton years are very much part of the problem.

Not that Obama has been ready to tackle the problem... it would hurt bankers's bonusses.

This, like many problems in America, goes back as far as Carter. Subprime mortgages would have never existed if not for Carter's meddling.

I strongly believe Carter is a man of morality who cares about America, and honestly wanted what was best for America. However, I am absolutely 100% convinced that at least one or two people in Carter's inner-circle were Soviet spies, or at least lone wolf Soviet sympathizers, who somehow managed to slip through the cracks, and remain undetected even after all these years. For example, its probably not a coincidence that John Lennon went into retirement right after Carter was inaugurated, and came out of retirement right after Reagan's rise. I know the sad implications of this statement.

I don't even
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #674 on: October 07, 2012, 05:22:54 PM »

Tramadol combined with vodka?
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length