The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:22:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 80
Author Topic: The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts  (Read 260215 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2012, 09:07:46 AM »

This is what people in Oklahoma actually believe:

Here's the part that stuck out to me:

Let me toss in my two cents (maybe worth but a cent and a half), but here goes:

I normally don't dress up for church just because I'm lazy.  Whenever I feel the energy, I will wear a suit and tie, especially on Easter, Fourth of July, and Christmas.  I actually enjoy wearing suits even more so than jeans and t-shirts.  If it weren't so darn expensive to buy several suits, I would enjoy a job as a TV News Reporter who wear suits by default.  They make me feel better about myself.

That said, I do not perceive wearing a suit as a necessity in church.  God doesn't care about what you wear on the outside, He cares more about what you look like on the inside.  His aim is to change people from the inside out, not the outside in like religion does.

At my small, Southern Baptist church, we do have one lady (my cousin) who has tattoos all over her arms, neck, and back.  She barely has any blank skin left.  I've seen her in a two-piece bathing suit and she is still covered all over, too.  The older people of my church don't care for it, but they do not condemn it.

My pastor wears a collared polo and khakis.  My music minister/youth minister will usually wear the same, but will once in a while put on a suit with a maroon shirt and a black tie.

Again, I really could care less what people wear in church, unless they are wearing a bathing suit or otherwise leaving little to the imagination.  I prefer suits for men and dresses for the ladies, but that's not a requirement in my opinion.

I know I am an old, because I prefer the older, slower hymns as opposed to the newer, faster contemporary.  *Watches BRTD cringe at the thought of older, slower hymns*

Since when is the Fourth of July a religious holiday?

It is a Christian holiday in the fact that it is because Christ died for us and His grace that our forefathers were able to wrestle our freedom out of the hands of the British Crown and it's because our men and women have died continue to die protecting that freedom that we are able to worship freely without fear of the government coming in and carting off us to jail or killing us (such is the case in China and many nations in the Middle East).  So, it is mandatory we give thanks to the LORD on Memorial Day and Independence Day, as well.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2012, 03:57:27 PM »

I really can't stand all this Edwards hate going around. Elizabeth was no saint and frankly John probably wouldn't have cheated on her if she wasn't such a bitch. Oh wait, she has cancer so she is automatically some kind of "hero".

The only thing I have wrong with it is that is was irresponsible to do that at them same time as running for President.

Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2012, 08:08:41 PM »

The majority are freedom houses that should be subdivided into tenements and turned over to the people, unless there is specific reason to keep this particular house as a museum, in which case this is what should of course be done.

Stuff like this makes me want to be an Objectivist.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2012, 05:30:42 AM »

It's clearly not a bad post and neither is it ignorant, so... in what way is it absurd?
batmacumba
andrefeijao
France

« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2012, 06:55:34 AM »

Tell this to Ruskin.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2012, 09:54:51 PM »

He'll be back.

The real tragedy here is that we now have 0 members bathed in prayer to try and knock sense into Bushie.

JCL would beg to differ and why would sense need to be knocked into Bushie.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #56 on: May 29, 2012, 12:05:14 PM »

Here's a better question, if you were a small business owner or even someone looking for a better paying job, would you want to work with Mitt Romney or Barack Obama?

Which candidate will give you better advice on staying in business, or growing your profits?

Its a cut-throat world in capitalism.  Should capitalism always be fair? 

There are so many different industries, technologies, and skill-sets available in America.  Farmers, teachers, engineers, all have different needs and wants. 

You want to know how to get a job, make all the kids get STEM degrees. 
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #57 on: May 29, 2012, 03:01:38 PM »

I guess you could call me pro-abortion in a way.

When my cousin got knocked up at like 16, I thought GET AN ABORTION YOU MORON, but I didn't dare pipe up, lest everyone look at me like I'm such a bastard.  She's from Bakersfield anyways, meaning she's all Christiany despite her whole family being addicted to crystal meth.

But really, it wasn't so much "get an abortion you moron" as much as it was "maybe she should get an abortion so she can enjoy her life a little bit."  Well...I would have framed it that way anyways.

Kid died anyways.  She's probably screwed up for life, and then she'll have other kids who she's going to pass on her screwed-up-ness to, like how my mother passed on her screwed-up-ness to me.  At least I shall do the humane thing and never reproduce.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #58 on: May 29, 2012, 03:06:11 PM »

That is a sad tale, but where is it absurd or ignorant or a bad post?
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #59 on: May 29, 2012, 03:07:16 PM »

the part where the entire thing sounds like a crazygoggs video.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #60 on: May 30, 2012, 06:22:20 PM »

It's not really liberal, like, San Francisco or Seattle liberal.  Hollywood liberalism strikes me as being centrist, with a hint of libertarianism.  But with environmentalism, and support for idiotic causes like Kony 2012, PETA, etc.  Certainly culturally conservative, with the whole housewife culture and teen mom bull[Inks].
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #61 on: May 31, 2012, 12:54:16 AM »

It's also a central element in Christianity and Islam to wage wars against unbelievers, kill undesirables such as gays, and subjugate women.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #62 on: May 31, 2012, 05:00:48 AM »

OK I guess the message didn't get through.

STOP. BEING. HACKS.

This thread is not for the posts you disagree with. It's for posts which can be universally recognized as absurd ignorant or bad.
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #63 on: May 31, 2012, 05:24:02 AM »

Here's the difference:

Something you disagree with:

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Something that's absurd, ignorant or bad:

Quote from: Restricted
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #64 on: May 31, 2012, 10:30:01 AM »

OK I guess the message didn't get through.

STOP. BEING. HACKS.

This thread is not for the posts you disagree with. It's for posts which can be universally recognized as absurd ignorant or bad.

And said post is pretty absurd and ignorant, since it implies that Jesus advocated to wage wars against unbelievers, kill "undesirables" and subjugate women.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #65 on: May 31, 2012, 10:42:10 AM »

Guys, the first deluge died because we debated directly with a trollish nonsense here.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #66 on: June 01, 2012, 09:12:59 PM »

Intrepid investigative reporter Peter Brower brings us new updates on Scott Walker's Stalinist dictatorship.

Quite high of course. The new voting patterns in WOW will give him a solid shot.

Romney wins the state only if President Obama collapses overall as a leader (no sign yet) or Governor Scott Walker rigs the statewide election.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #67 on: June 01, 2012, 10:59:19 PM »

It's not really liberal, like, San Francisco or Seattle liberal.  Hollywood liberalism strikes me as being centrist, with a hint of libertarianism.  But with environmentalism, and support for idiotic causes like Kony 2012, PETA, etc.  Certainly culturally conservative, with the whole housewife culture and teen mom bull[Inks].

How is this absurd? And if it is about seemingly self contradictory things then that usually happens when your primary purpose is to make money.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #68 on: June 02, 2012, 01:07:01 AM »

How is this absurd? And if it is about seemingly self contradictory things then that usually happens when your primary purpose is to make money.
almost all of it but the last sentence fragment in particular.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #69 on: June 02, 2012, 10:19:16 PM »

If you're a Democrat, here's hoping June will be better.

Well, let’s see,
SCOTUS decisions on Obama Care – the fed control of every breath, belch, fart and tear.

SCOTUS decision on the states enforcement of current fed laws.  – AZ and the illegals.

WI - decision on union governance too its extinction or not.

Greece Vote – Obama’s not vacationing there, no big deal there.

Fed meeting – decision on continued funding of the democrat party, other wise known as QE3 - diluting the republic.

Yep, should be a better month for Obama, if not he’ll just move up his plan of “screw‘em” declare he, the last POTUS and have Eric Holder annul the US Constitution, then placing himself as the Chief Of All Justice, saving all this trouble with the voter ID issue.

Or, maybe, 

Obama realizes there’s no more money, having established himself as the greatest bank robber known to mankind, and resigns. If such, the only minor question is, which country will the first exiled American Presidential family move to? I’m sure he’ll have that birth certificate thing all re-worked out.

The Obama Inheritance and Romney’s strategy, to what end?   

Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #70 on: June 02, 2012, 10:21:55 PM »

Economic Issues

Taxes: A flat tax of about 10% on income is the only major tax I'd support. I also support taxes on tobacco and alcohol and would support heavily taxing marijuana if it became legal.

Health Care: I do not support a Government takeover of healthcare and instead support keeping it private. Allow insurance companies to compete across state lines to drive down prices.

Regulation: Some regulations are needed. Worker safety regulations are necessary, but other regulations such as environmental regulations are unnecessary. Any regulation makes it more difficult for businesses to operate, thus causing economic struggles.

Trade: I support free trade and fair trade, with a slight preference towards free trade. Economic globalization is a good thing.

Stimulus Spending: Government spending on the economy does not solve economic struggles. However, some spending can help at certain times. I do not support a balanced budget amendment for this reason.

Overall Spending: Cut it quite a bit, but not drastically. Anyone who proposes cutting Government spending by more than 30-40% max is nuts.

Welfare: I do not support a federal welfare program, instead leaving it up to private charity. I support drug testing for all welfare recipients.

Foreign Aid: Cut it by a significant amount. Foreign aid money almost always ends up getting cut off by tyrannical Governments and pocked.

Minimum wage: Fine where it is. See Government regulation, as forcing companies to pay their employees a certain amount makes it more difficult to operate.

Social Security: Allow Americans to invest in their own social security funds privately.

Social Issues:

Abortion: I do not morally support abortion, however, I believe it should remain legal. I do not support having taxpayer money go to abortion and believe it should only be legal for cases of rape, incest, mother's life or severe deformity.

Gay Rights: I believe all gays should have the right to marry and should also be legally permitted to adopt. I believe gays are entitled to all of the same rights as straight people.

Drugs: I believe all drugs should be legal and heavily taxed and regulated. Treat drugs just like alcohol or tobacco.

Gun Rights: I am a fervent supporter of the 2nd amendment, but I believe some logical restrictions on guns are necessary, such as putting safety locks on all guns and banning certain bullets.

Education: I believe each state should set their own curriculum and give parents the option to opt out of certain classes. I do not support increasing federal education spending.

Environment and Oil: See my position on regulation, though I do support some investment in green technology, though I mainly support drilling domestically for our own oil.

Immigration: I'm sympathetic towards immigrants, but I only support legal immigration. I do support making the process quicker and easier.

War and Defense

War: I believe diplomacy is a better way of achieving world peace. Bombing other countries will never be a better way of achieving peace than diplomacy. I support withdrawing from the Middle East. War for humanitarian reasons varies from case to case.

Defense: I believe in cutting defense spending, but not by very much. Having a strong national defense is a good option.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #71 on: June 02, 2012, 10:23:09 PM »

I'm still very confused...
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #72 on: June 02, 2012, 10:27:47 PM »

Arguably made more sense than this one:

🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #73 on: June 02, 2012, 11:59:10 PM »

Give him a break.  At least that's way more coherent than what's put forward by your average politician. 

Arguably made more sense than this one:
It's this crazy thing called nuance. 
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #74 on: June 03, 2012, 04:15:44 AM »

You people are really trying your best to turn this into a massive hackfest.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies