The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:26:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 80
Author Topic: The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts  (Read 260946 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #550 on: September 18, 2012, 03:36:59 PM »

You all take this sort of thing much too seriously; the forum is a hallowed ground of procrastination, not a matter of life and death. Please consider investing in lives.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #551 on: September 18, 2012, 03:40:32 PM »

The hits keep coming. Inks brushed off my suggestion earlier that he just delete the questionable comments in thread (because it would result in a whole page being deleted) instead of locking the thread. Now he's acting like it was part of his plan all along. Brilliant performance.

I love it when a brat gets caught overstepping their bounds and is feverishly back peddling.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #552 on: September 18, 2012, 03:44:50 PM »

The hits keep coming. Inks brushed off my suggestion earlier that he just delete the questionable comments in thread (because it would result in a whole page being deleted) instead of locking the thread. Now he's acting like it was part of his plan all along. Brilliant performance.

I love it when a brat gets caught overstepping their bounds and is feverishly back peddling.

No, when you suggested that, I had already deleted the posts...
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #553 on: September 18, 2012, 03:46:21 PM »

If you're referencing locking the Deluge, then read my post in the Goldmine:

I'm doubled over at this idea that Inks was going to bow to the very first hint of public displeasure as if he always does that. Cheesy

There's no precedent for what I did here.  What I did was not an action out of a Terms of Service moderation, but merely what I understood to be unofficial forum precedent.  Once I would've realized that my understanding of how the goldmine worked wasn't the same as everyone else's, I would've undone what I did, since I wasn't acted under the TOS, but acting under the rules that had previously guided the goldmines.

Whether or not you believe me is irrelevant, because I know I'm right, since you can't know my thought process.

I didn't lock the Institute because I thouht it violated the TOS.  I deleted a page worth of TOS violations and thought that at that point, the thread had run its course and it was time for a new one.

In locking the Deluge, it was my belief at the time that it should be permanently locked.

Why would I think people would flip out over a new comedy goldmine being started?

That's entirely beside the point. What matters is that you seem to think that a longstanding forum institution (the Deluge bzw. the Institute) can be locked on no other grounds than "it was getting annoying to moderate." If you think there is too much material to moderate, step down and let someone else be moderator. It's that simple.

I didn't simply close it because it was getting annoying to moderate.  I closed it because it was getting annoying to moderate AND because when fights like these break out in previous Goldmines, that's the point that a new one starts.

Without that second half of the sentence, I wouldn't have locked the thread, and that's what you're not understanding.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #554 on: September 18, 2012, 03:49:40 PM »

I don't think the original goldmines were ever locked when they were exhausted... someone just started a new one. This was in the days before nannymoderators.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #555 on: September 18, 2012, 03:50:52 PM »

The answer, I believe, is actually none because they have better things to do with their time than dance on a pinhead.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #556 on: September 18, 2012, 03:51:22 PM »

Inks, you made a statement that you didn't lock the thread because it violated the ToS. Yet you quite clearly told me that you locked it because I was "an ass publicly on the forum and that's a violation of the ToS."

Care to explain why you're lying here?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #557 on: September 18, 2012, 03:51:56 PM »

Speaking of getting caught, Phil, I'm awaiting your response.  You never have conceded the Tinypic point after what, a year now?

The only ignorant thing there was in thinking Phil wouldn't overreact, considering his past reactions to forum events...

Reported as a personal attack.

It's truth.  You argued with me that someone had hacked your tinypic link when even the administrators at tinypic told me that what you were describing was impossible.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #558 on: September 18, 2012, 03:53:12 PM »

Speaking of getting caught, Phil, I'm awaiting your response.  You never have conceded the Tinypic point after what, a year now?

The only ignorant thing there was in thinking Phil wouldn't overreact, considering his past reactions to forum events...

It's truth.  You argued with me that someone had hacked your tinypic link when even the administrators at tinypic told me that what you were describing was impossible.

LOL! This is perfect. This is how I know we got you backed into a corner. Thanks, Inks. For real. Thank you.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #559 on: September 18, 2012, 03:55:23 PM »

Inks, you made a statement that you didn't lock the thread because it violated the ToS. Yet you quite clearly told me that you locked it because I was "an ass publicly on the forum and that's a violation of the ToS."

That was not the PM I sent.  That sentence had nothing to do with the locking of the Goldmine.

For context, I'll post the whole PM:

Inks, get over yourself and get laid.

"I don't take orders from you."

Oh! Very serious moderator man! You are in charge! Yes sir!

You decide to threaten me ("...and your threads might stay open in the future")? Great. You've gotten your war now. I'm staying on this until the thread is unlocked and/or you're removed as a moderator. You seriously need to get a life, dude.

P.S. - Glad you delete other threads when personal attacks are directed my way.  Roll Eyes

It's not a threat.  It's a simple principle.  Be an ass publicly on the forum, and that's against the Terms of Service.

I delete threads when personal attacks are directed your way, and I deleted and infracted the post in the thread that you reported.

Dude, it's time to grow up and stop being an Internet drama queen.  Not only is it immature, but you're going to regret it when sh**t like this surfaces when you run for office.  Not everybody is as cordial to your trolling as I am - look at how much attention the liberals on the site paid attention to DWTL's election when he ran.  Do you really want some of the stuff you've said on this forum public?

Come on man - just be civil.

"You've gotten your war now" - that's Jr. High stuff.  Anybody who starts a war in an Internet forum has no place to tell someone to "get a life".
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #560 on: September 18, 2012, 04:20:44 PM »

I just love the Inks vs Phil fights. They are just delicious Wink
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #561 on: September 18, 2012, 04:56:06 PM »

A good argument could be made for banning all libertarians:

One of the top 3 presidents ever, easily. Vietnam is a huge black mark but overshadowed by the 1964 CRA, the 1965 VRA, Medicare, and the Great Society.

Nah. Lincoln is clearly #1 (though I can understand non-Americans liking FDR), while #2 and #3 go to FDR and Washington. Fourth and fifth are tougher, but I'd go with Teddy and Harry.

You never fail to amuse me with your comically backwards presidential rankings.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #562 on: September 18, 2012, 05:09:40 PM »

That was not the PM I sent.  That sentence had nothing to do with the locking of the Goldmine.

For context, I'll post the whole PM:

Inks, get over yourself and get laid.

"I don't take orders from you."

Oh! Very serious moderator man! You are in charge! Yes sir!

You decide to threaten me ("...and your threads might stay open in the future")? Great. You've gotten your war now. I'm staying on this until the thread is unlocked and/or you're removed as a moderator. You seriously need to get a life, dude.

P.S. - Glad you delete other threads when personal attacks are directed my way.  Roll Eyes

It's not a threat.  It's a simple principle.  Be an ass publicly on the forum, and that's against the Terms of Service.

I delete threads when personal attacks are directed your way, and I deleted and infracted the post in the thread that you reported.

Dude, it's time to grow up and stop being an Internet drama queen.  Not only is it immature, but you're going to regret it when sh**t like this surfaces when you run for office.  Not everybody is as cordial to your trolling as I am - look at how much attention the liberals on the site paid attention to DWTL's election when he ran.  Do you really want some of the stuff you've said on this forum public?

Come on man - just be civil.

"You've gotten your war now" - that's Jr. High stuff.  Anybody who starts a war in an Internet forum has no place to tell someone to "get a life".

Did you just post my private message? Enjoy your final hours as a moderator.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #563 on: September 18, 2012, 05:13:32 PM »

Phil, you posted my private message out of context without my permission.

I had 2 remedies: A) remove the offending message you posted, which would 1) not clear my name to people who had seen the misleading post, and 2) probably make you complain more that I deleted it.

B) Put the entire conversation in context.  Since you posted my PM, that could be reasonably interpreted to mean you agreed to allow posting of the PMs in question.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #564 on: September 18, 2012, 05:15:02 PM »

I did not post your private message. I posted a general comment from it.

You really overstepped this time. Hope you had fun as a moderator.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #565 on: September 18, 2012, 05:16:44 PM »

I did not post your private message. I posted a general comment from it.

You really overstepped this time. Hope you had fun as a moderator.

You quoted a selection from it to severely misconstrue what I said.  I was putting what I said in context, because when I simply say, "You're taking me out of context", you'll just say, "No I'm not. Don't lie.  You're a bad moderator!"
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #566 on: September 18, 2012, 05:23:40 PM »

Thank you for posting your conversation directly into the Deluge, guys.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #567 on: September 18, 2012, 05:24:22 PM »

Phil throwing insults then running to the mods when someone responds in kind? This is utterly unprecedented!
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #568 on: September 18, 2012, 05:34:09 PM »

Yeah, Phil's a real winner.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #569 on: September 18, 2012, 05:39:13 PM »

This thread is giving me pneumonia.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #570 on: September 18, 2012, 05:42:10 PM »

How long before Phil calls Inks' parents?
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #571 on: September 18, 2012, 05:43:47 PM »

'Yes, hello Mr. and Mrs. Inks...your son has been rustling the internet's jimmies..."
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #572 on: September 18, 2012, 05:46:21 PM »

'Yes, hello Mr. and Mrs. Inks...your son has been rustling the internet's jimmies..."

Hello, Mrs. Inks, this is Keystone Phil from Atlas Forum. Your son just posted my PM without a permission.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #573 on: September 18, 2012, 05:46:30 PM »
« Edited: September 18, 2012, 09:39:18 PM by The Mikado »

EDIT by Mikado: Post removed.  Modified rather than deleted so you won't blame Inks.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #574 on: September 18, 2012, 05:54:23 PM »

"Inks, go get laid"? Really?

Phil, are you a jock in a 1980s teen movie?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies