The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:55:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 80
Author Topic: The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts  (Read 260222 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #700 on: October 16, 2012, 07:06:13 PM »

It's certainly the dumbest map posted in this forum's history.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #701 on: October 16, 2012, 11:15:57 PM »

It's certainly the dumbest map posted in this forum's history.

Whether whoever made it is more ignorant of Canada or the US is very hard to pin down. North Dakota is downright hilarious too.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #702 on: October 18, 2012, 12:44:23 AM »

Mister Twister telling someone to stop trolling is absurd in itself, but context is ABSOLUTELY needed here.

Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #703 on: October 18, 2012, 12:56:27 AM »

Mister Twister telling someone to stop trolling is absurd in itself, but context is ABSOLUTELY needed here.

That may be the greatest post to ever come out of the 2012 boards, for its sheer comedy value alone.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #704 on: October 18, 2012, 10:59:54 AM »

OK it doesn't top the previous entry, but still needs to be mentioned:

Good to see Heller will break the vicious gerrymander

...in reference to a Senate race.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #705 on: October 18, 2012, 11:11:56 AM »

Pretty sure he was making fun of krazen.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #706 on: October 18, 2012, 01:25:06 PM »

Have you not noticed those public sector union lords collecting massive dues and encouraging their overpaid minions to vote for Democrats?
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #707 on: October 18, 2012, 03:04:48 PM »

From a poll regarding Three Days Grace, a less-than-good but better-than-okay band that reached their pinnacle in like 2006 and hasn't done anything half as good since:

They're perhaps the greatest band to come out of Canada. You're opinion?
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #708 on: October 18, 2012, 03:17:27 PM »
« Edited: October 18, 2012, 03:19:31 PM by Nathan »

From a poll regarding Three Days Grace, a less-than-good but better-than-okay band that reached their pinnacle in like 2006 and hasn't done anything half as good since:

They're perhaps the greatest band to come out of Canada. You're opinion?

Of course this is wrong, but to be fair, most really seminal musicians from Canada do seem to be primarily solo artists (then again, there might be some bands that I'm not aware are from Canada).

ETA: If we're using a one-drop rule then CSNY was Canadian.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #709 on: October 18, 2012, 03:45:29 PM »

The race feels like 2004, but the election turnout on election night will be 1980.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

« Reply #710 on: October 18, 2012, 06:46:19 PM »

The race feels like 2004, but the election turnout on election night will be 1980.
How is that a bad post?  What if the result happens?
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #711 on: October 18, 2012, 06:53:03 PM »

Yeah, context doesn't make that so stupid.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #712 on: October 18, 2012, 07:20:05 PM »

World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #713 on: October 18, 2012, 07:27:20 PM »

If that happens we will of course eat crow, but it's far enough outside the current consensus of reasonableness to qualify here right now.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #714 on: October 18, 2012, 07:29:12 PM »

2012 is headed to be a close election for either side, at the moment.  If it's a 1980-like result, I swear to never look at a single poll again until the week before the election.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #715 on: October 18, 2012, 09:10:53 PM »

Not saying this is possible, but what if this is the map on election day?

If that was the map, I'll be happy the R/R ticket won but I'll have a good reason to move out of CO for good.

colorado will be a better place without you. who will have the misfortune of having you?
CO was better back in the 1980s before 'everybody' and their mom's dog decided to move here. I'm sorry, but if your state failed miserably (California) due to high taxes, standards of living, regulations and of that sort, don't come here and change the demographics with your voting habits. They're blinded by belief and reality escaped a long time ago.

I hate to say this, but alot of Democrats are like vermin cockaroaches, they take over an area, spew their dirty political garbage, walk all over you and move on to the next state. It's an endless cycle and needs to be halted. The blue blood bleeds over and turns the healthy into infected victims.

This guy's on a roll tonight.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #716 on: October 19, 2012, 05:28:14 AM »

Belongs in the sulphur mine.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #717 on: October 19, 2012, 03:19:18 PM »

2012 is headed to be a close election for either side, at the moment.  If it's a 1980-like result, I swear to never look at a single poll again until the week before the election.

If the Obama campaign keeps coming up with some of the stupid ill-timed bullsh**t it has come up with (like ing Big Bird and distanced million dollar Hollywood actors who think their opinion actually matters to millions of Americans at the same time that Romney runs a silent dinner table ad on unemployment), it might well be a 1980 result election.

Which isn't to say that Romney is the right man for the job.  He most definitely isn't.  But it seems that lately the Obama Campaign is almost going out of it's way to drop the ball, if the polling is accurate.  Seriously, whoever the Hell is directing the campaign needs to have a VERY LONG meeting with all of the President's men about the future of the campaign, or just get fired.

There are ways to run a campaign, and my god the President just isn't doing it.  I mean, my god dudes, he's running against Mitt ing Romney, who has given him more than enough ammunition to thoroughly demolish him back to the fourth grade.  Yet, thanks to the throughly incompetent team that he has, Romney somehow not only manages to come within five poitns of Obama, but is actually somehow now beating him.  Somehow, despite having enough gaffes to pay off our debt to China, enough tax issues to make him look slimier than a trial lawyer, amazingly idiotic statements from various Republican officeholders, and not to mention blatant flip flopping, Romney is looking like a ing top dog to Obama.

Why do you ask?  Simple, the President ing sucks at campaigning.  It's quite clear that Obama is way better at getting an office than he is at defending it.  It's one thing to go out and say "yes I will do this" when you are not the the man in charge.  However, once in charge suddenly he is thrust into the limelight and expected to have the big balls and keep up the inspiration that got him into office in the first place.  Obama has more than enough things to brag about that he has done, but for some reason he just can't emphasize it enough.  Throughout this campaign I've heard very little about the success in getting Obamacare (or whatever it's called) passed, the Lily Ledbetter Act (which is ridic, considering that Romney is actually bringing up pay inequality amongst men and women and I have yet to here a thorough rebuking from the Administration), the end of Don't Ask, Don't Tell, etc. etc. etc.  Oh, and did anyone mention that the economy is IMPROVING?

Yet, all the talk I hear from the Obama campaign chooses instead to focus on OMG! HOLLYWOOD! and some rigoddamndiculous ad about ing Big Bird than actually defending the record (which Obama did a sh**t job of in the first debate).  Instead of bringing up all of this success and defending the record all I've seen is a bunch of social issues cheerleaders using demonization politics to convince people that Mitt Romney is the Devil and he eats babies.  Maybe it's just my ad market location, but I can't recall one Obama ad I've seen that was ever a positive defense of accomplishments that he had.  Which, frankly, is the only way a campaign can really succeed.
(which isn't to say Romney has been running a positive campaign.)

The 2008 Obama Campaign by comparison looks like a grade A Oscar Award Winner.  The campaign then managed to rally MILLIONS OF PEOPLE, most notably amongst the college age where he won a brain melting 68% or something like that, and deliver on a historic campaign.  The Obama of 2008 seems much different than the one of 2012.  In 2008, the campaign managed to carry an overwhelming message of Hope and Optimism for the future of the country instead of the dark, cynical, gutter politics that this one seems to be bringing.

Maybe it isn't Obama's fault, maybe like a bunch of people on here keep saying he was just transformed by the politics of Washington.  Fair enough, but that doesn't excuse playing by the book politics that could only lead to the further cynicism of the American Electorate and make this execution of "democracy" an even bigger sham than it is already.

Wow, that was quite a rant.  So in short, a lot of people need to get their sh**ts together.  I apologize for ranting in this fine thread and wish you gentlemen the best in your future endeavors.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #718 on: October 20, 2012, 12:57:07 AM »

It's funny how this has become conventional wisdom so rapidly after most of us were thinking the same thing about the Romney campaign through most of September.

The problem is, Romney at least has the illusion of a plan. Obama really hasn't indicated what he'd do if he's re-elected. All I know is he's going to tax the rich and "become more flexible" with Russia. This man's been president for four years, and you're telling me he can't communicate some sort of basic plan?
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #719 on: October 20, 2012, 01:18:26 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?action=profile;u=9730;sa=showPosts
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #720 on: October 20, 2012, 03:12:37 PM »

Bringinthetruth, me thinks you are an Obamamite, guess you didn't like the outcome of any of the debates or the fact that Romney is winning on the economic message, then what about the Benghazi scandal: you gotta know that Mitt is gonna bring it up in the Boca Raton face-off, and no Candy Crowley to help out, tsk..tsk...aw well you can't have everything go your way: it's gonna be fun to watch poor old Barack to try and squirm out of this latest situation, reminds me of the guy who keeps stepping on rakes and getting whacked in the kisser, I feel his pain...I really do, not!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #721 on: October 20, 2012, 10:47:28 PM »

It's about time Billy Graham saw the light and was man enough to admit to this.

Good for him.

Sincerity and humility at its' best.

Billy Graham is to be highly commended for this move.

He did the right thing.

Because apparently it's cool to abandon your morals and backtrack on your past deprecating of religious groups for political reasons.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #722 on: October 20, 2012, 11:07:44 PM »

BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #723 on: October 21, 2012, 12:30:16 AM »

Well it appears to be from 2007. But it would be just as absurd then as it is today.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #724 on: October 22, 2012, 04:03:45 PM »
« Edited: October 22, 2012, 04:05:59 PM by AWallTEP81 »

Registered Democrat 96% 3% 1% 235
Registered Undeclared 80% 11% 9% 295
Registered Republican 90% 4% 6% 207

Lol, junk. This poll does not reflect the war on whites.

krazen, in which universe are Democrats waging a "war on whites?" Think carefully; the answer is not 'reality' or 'this one.'

To quote you liberals and use your logic:

The universe in which a half dozen national pollsters have whites voting Republican by 20 points.

Obviously then, this poll is absurd due to a heavy mispolling of whites. Republicans have a large edge in voter registration in New Hampshire.

wow  

(this is in reference to a poll of NH)
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies