The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:40:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 ... 80
Author Topic: The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts  (Read 261125 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1700 on: April 10, 2013, 02:10:28 PM »

I feel for Torie.  I called politicus "bro" for about a month before I found out she was a girl.  Ugh.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1701 on: April 10, 2013, 02:23:13 PM »

The post where Torie consistently refers to drj101 with male pronouns (in Individual Politics) is objectively ignorant, even if not absurd or bad as such.

Females are allowed to post on this site?  Who knew?

Well, they're not allowed to be biological females, but yeah.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1702 on: April 10, 2013, 02:33:17 PM »

The post where Torie consistently refers to drj101 with male pronouns (in Individual Politics) is objectively ignorant, even if not absurd or bad as such.

Ouch!  I assume that you are referring to the plethora of hetero pussies and prudes around here, and not to us gorgeous homo macho hunks right? 
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #1703 on: April 10, 2013, 02:35:50 PM »

I think the correct pronoun for horses, ponies, pegasi is "it".
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1704 on: April 10, 2013, 04:49:29 PM »

I feel for Torie.  I called politicus "bro" for about a month before I found out she was a girl.  Ugh.

To be fair, when you want to make it known you're a woman, it's a weird choice to have your username end with -us. Tongue
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1705 on: April 10, 2013, 05:19:37 PM »

Ouch!  I assume that you are referring to the plethora of hetero pussies and prudes around here, and not to us gorgeous homo macho hunks right? 

No, I'm referring to the fact that of the three female-identifying posters here, only one of them is biologically a woman.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #1706 on: April 10, 2013, 07:27:31 PM »

US Election Atlas Forum: Where a supermajority of our women have penises.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1707 on: April 10, 2013, 09:00:23 PM »

Atlas has two biologically female regular posters, politicus and Sheilak5.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1708 on: April 10, 2013, 09:39:35 PM »

[1] #45 Christopher James Christie, Republican, 54 years old, from New Jersey
The economy took a turn for a worse in Obama's second term as the national debt hit 20 million and tensions increased with North Korea and the Islamist nations. President Obama still manages to leave office with a 43% approval rating. Republican candidate Chris Christie campaigns that the Obama administration failed at its goals of improving the economy and that government spending such as Obamacare needs to be cut in order for the economy to prosper. Christie also supported more interventionalist foriegn policies opposed to Obama. Although 2016 was a close race, Christie in the end thanks to his campaign that attacked his predecessor Obama and many of his opponent Cuomo's policies being close to those of Obama, and pick of popular senator Marco Rubio as his running mate, was able to win many key swing states such as Florida, Ohio and Pennsylvania (as well as his home state of New Jersey) thus winning the election. He also managed to win 45% of the Hispanic vote thanks to his support for amnesty and chosing of Rubio. Early in his term, president Christie cut many government-run social programs causing the defecit to steadily decline. In 2018, Christie and the congress with a Republican majority in both houses passed a law to repeal Obamacare. The private sector and many businesses flourished under Christie's new economic plans. Christie also drove the United States to be energy independent and supported the continuation of the Keystone Pipeline that created thousands of new jobs and was delayed by his predecessor Obama.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #1709 on: April 10, 2013, 10:35:54 PM »

No, I'm referring to the fact that of the three female-identifying posters here, only one of them is biologically a woman.

I'm probably going to start an argument with this (issues of language and so-called "political correctness" tend to evoke very strong emotions for some reason), but the term you all are looking for is "cisgender", not "biological". "cis-" being the latin prefix roughly opposite to "trans", as in cis-trans isomerism in chemistry or the Roman provinces of Cisalpine Gaul and Transalpine Gaul.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1710 on: April 10, 2013, 10:38:21 PM »

I'm probably going to start an argument with this (issues of language and so-called "political correctness" tend to evoke very strong emotions for some reason), but the term you all are looking for is "cisgender", not "biological". "cis-" being the latin prefix roughly opposite to "trans", as in cis-trans isomerism in chemistry or the Roman provinces of Cisalpine Gaul and Transalpine Gaul.

So, most people here are cisgender, if I understand well?
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #1711 on: April 10, 2013, 10:38:57 PM »

Females are allowed to post on this site?  Who knew?

Ouch!  I assume that you are referring to the plethora of hetero pussies and prudes around here, and not to us gorgeous homo macho hunks right?  

So, most people here are cisgender, if I understand well?

Yes, the vast majority of people both here and IRL are cisgender. If you identify with the gender you were designated at birth, than you are cisgender, basically.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1712 on: April 10, 2013, 11:13:41 PM »

Cisgender, I like this word. Any intelligent use of Latin in a language is commendable.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1713 on: April 11, 2013, 08:05:49 AM »

Oklahoma City is one of the most beautiful cities in the world.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1714 on: April 11, 2013, 09:29:44 AM »

[1] #45 Christopher James Christie, Republican, 54 years old, from New Jersey
The economy took a turn for a worse in Obama's second term as the national debt hit 20 million and tensions increased with North Korea and the Islamist nations. President Obama still manages to leave office with a 43% approval rating. Republican candidate Chris Christie campaigns that the Obama administration failed at its goals of improving the economy and that government spending such as Obamacare needs to be cut in order for the economy to prosper. Christie also supported more interventionalist foriegn policies opposed to Obama. Although 2016 was a close race, Christie in the end thanks to his campaign that attacked his predecessor Obama and many of his opponent Cuomo's policies being close to those of Obama, and pick of popular senator Marco Rubio as his running mate, was able to win many key swing states such as Florida, Ohio and Pennsylvania (as well as his home state of New Jersey) thus winning the election. He also managed to win 45% of the Hispanic vote thanks to his support for amnesty and chosing of Rubio. Early in his term, president Christie cut many government-run social programs causing the defecit to steadily decline. In 2018, Christie and the congress with a Republican majority in both houses passed a law to repeal Obamacare. The private sector and many businesses flourished under Christie's new economic plans. Christie also drove the United States to be energy independent and supported the continuation of the Keystone Pipeline that created thousands of new jobs and was delayed by his predecessor Obama.

my sides
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1715 on: April 11, 2013, 02:35:08 PM »

The economy took a turn for a worse in Obama's second term as the national debt hit 20 million and tensions increased with North Korea and the Islamist nations. President Obama still manages to leave office with a 43% approval rating. Although 2016 was a close race, Christie in the end thanks to his campaign that attacked his predecessor Obama and many of his opponent Cuomo's policies being close to those of Obama, and pick of popular senator Marco Rubio as his running mate, was able to win many key swing states such as Florida, Ohio and Pennsylvania (as well as his home state of New Jersey) thus winning the election. He also managed to win 45% of the Hispanic vote thanks to his support for amnesty and chosing of Rubio.

Picked out some of the gems.

It appears we have our first poster born under Obama.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1716 on: April 11, 2013, 07:27:03 PM »

Are we now debating the legality of fornication and witchcraft? Cause that's pretty damn hilarious. I'm not even sure what witchcraft is. Shall we start burning cat ladies who like to take herbal supplements?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1717 on: April 11, 2013, 07:35:33 PM »

Are we now debating the legality of fornication and witchcraft? Cause that's pretty damn hilarious. I'm not even sure what witchcraft is. Shall we start burning cat ladies who like to take herbal supplements?

What the hell was that even supposed to be. Huh

He thinks any conversation about what the Bible really says about an issue is a debate regarding its legality.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1718 on: April 12, 2013, 06:22:14 PM »

he supports gun control.

and sadly, most democrats stopped supporting that circa 1988.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1719 on: April 12, 2013, 08:18:05 PM »

Unfortunately all the villains survive attempts at assassination(like the lady in your signature), but all the freedom fighters die. Such is life.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1720 on: April 12, 2013, 08:46:29 PM »

Unfortunately all the villains survive attempts at assassination(like the lady in your signature), but all the freedom fighters die. Such is life.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #1721 on: April 12, 2013, 09:08:19 PM »

I found Vosem's response even worse, although much funnier:

Reagan and GWB both survived assassination attempts, while Stalin and Nicky II both killed by their opponents. Your analogy isn't accurate 100%
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1722 on: April 13, 2013, 08:47:37 AM »

oh Vosem, you poor boy...
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1723 on: April 13, 2013, 11:59:10 AM »

And making a million dollars an hour shouldn't seem strange or repugnant -- it's what every person should strive for. I'm disappointed that for somebody out there it does.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1724 on: April 13, 2013, 12:09:26 PM »

And making a million dollars an hour shouldn't seem strange or repugnant -- it's what every person should strive for. I'm disappointed that for somebody out there it does.

Good lord.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies