The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:23:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 ... 80
Author Topic: The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts  (Read 261138 times)
memphis
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1800 on: April 23, 2013, 10:57:44 AM »

All ad hominems. Zero rebuttal. I'm ever so surprised Roll Eyes

Ad hominems are the rebuttal, since the way your awful personal character shines through bright as any diamond is what's absurd, ignorant, and bad about your posts.
You have nothing to stand on except a personal dislike for me? Ok, whatever makes you feel better about yourself and your ideas. I won't be losing any sleep over it.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1801 on: April 23, 2013, 11:16:49 AM »

I'm actually fairly popular with women who don't have penises. They're a much friendlier and relaxed bunch than the ones that do. Most of them don't needlessly view their lives through the constant prism of oppression.

Jesus Christ. I doubt what the guy says about his popularity among women. However, do his sentences deserve infraction points or something? This is becoming more and more awful. Narrow-minded is not enough, there aren't words in my dictionary to describe the way I feel when I read his atrocities.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1802 on: April 23, 2013, 11:19:45 AM »

You poor, tortured souls!  I can't imagine what hell you all must be going through in reading his posts!  Cry
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #1803 on: April 23, 2013, 11:29:32 AM »

You can trivialize his insults if you suffer a severe lack of empathy. In other case, you should understand people who can't stand some of his silly attacks on people different from him. Respect, guy. It's simple, it's easy.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1804 on: April 23, 2013, 11:47:31 AM »

I'm actually fairly popular with women who don't have penises. They're a much friendlier and relaxed bunch than the ones that do. Most of them don't needlessly view their lives through the constant prism of oppression.

Jesus Christ. I doubt what the guy says about his popularity among women.
Would you care for some photographic evidence? Not claiming to be Master of the Universe with the ladies, but girls (without penises) can be pretty fun. They're all individuals of course, but, as I said far frindlier than the ones with penises.

Oh Noez, having a beer with this one. I must be a sexual predator.

Note, this one can and will drink you under the table. She's getting married in a few months. Lucky guy.

She's English. Not a common thing for a girl in Memphis. Also has a million brothers and sisters.

Girl on left is crazy talented artist. Jewelry, drawing, etching, you name it. Also big into heavy metal. One on right is lawyer and runs marathons. Wish I had half her drive in life.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1805 on: April 23, 2013, 11:53:18 AM »

what just happened
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #1806 on: April 23, 2013, 12:03:49 PM »

Those look like old photos
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #1807 on: April 23, 2013, 12:10:13 PM »

Jesus Christ. I doubt what the guy says about his popularity among women.
Would you care for some photographic evidence? Not claiming to be Master of the Universe with the ladies, but girls (without penises) can be pretty fun. They're all individuals of course, but, as I said far frindlier than the ones with penises.

See, memphis, I don't give a f*** for anybody's sexual preferences, speaking softly. It's nice, you know some women and even you have some female friends to take photos smiling when you go out on weekend. It's not so exceptional, most of people have social life. Now then, what is what you didn't deal with respect? I haven't accused you of being a sexual predator, simply you have some horrific points of view and, besides, you insist with the penises. Do they obsess you? Show some respect if you want to be well treated or considered by others. What prove your pics? There is sufficient literature on cases of male chauvinist abusers with a good social life. Certainly I don't accuse you of being one of those; simply your photos don't impress me.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1808 on: April 23, 2013, 12:12:18 PM »

I've always felt uncomfortable about forum members posting photos of non-member friends.
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #1809 on: April 23, 2013, 12:30:07 PM »

Ah, posting directly into the Deluge.  Good show, good show.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1810 on: April 23, 2013, 12:41:36 PM »

I've always felt uncomfortable about forum members posting photos of non-member friends.
Why? These pics are not of anything illegal or embarassing and are all on facebook anyway. They're not internet virgins.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1811 on: April 23, 2013, 12:47:29 PM »

Why? These pics are not of anything illegal or embarassing and are all on facebook anyway. They're not internet virgins.
Facebook =/= all of this forum.

Most people expect that their Facebook photos will stay within their circle. (Of course the photos  don't stay there, but should you really spread them around?)
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #1812 on: April 23, 2013, 12:50:08 PM »

Ah, posting directly into the Deluge.  Good show, good show.

No matter how awful the posts in question are, this kind of statement is obtuse and juvenile.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1813 on: April 23, 2013, 01:40:57 PM »
« Edited: April 23, 2013, 01:43:58 PM by asexual trans victimologist »

memphis, quite apart from your usual horrible comments about trans women, the fact that you're looking at this through a rubric of 'fun' versus 'uptight' or some approximately equivalent adjective speaks volumes. Volumes.

'I have nothing to stand on except a personal dislike for you' isn't actually what that post meant, but whatever.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1814 on: April 23, 2013, 02:33:06 PM »

So by that logic, this picture proves that Mitt Romney does not hate Obama

memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1815 on: April 23, 2013, 03:35:50 PM »
« Edited: April 23, 2013, 04:06:06 PM by memphis »

So by that logic, this picture proves that Mitt Romney does not hate Obama

1. I do not know that Romney does in fact hate Obama. That word has a very specific and intense meaning that you may want to look into. I can assure you that I do not hate any of the women in the photos. They are some of my closest friends.
2. I can also assure you that none of the pics I posted were phony theatrics created by the coersions of politics. Do you think any of these young ladies was trying to impress the public by having their picture taken with me while pretending to have a good time? I assure you I am not that popular. Instead, they were spontaneous celebrations of youthful vibrancy, something I think many posters could use a little more of. The first and fourth were at house parties, much to Naso's horror, I'm sure. The second and third were at bars.
3. And for the map geeks, the first one was taken in a strongly Republican precinct, while the final three are all in Democratic strongholds, though one could probably surmise as much by the ambiance.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #1816 on: April 23, 2013, 04:44:18 PM »
« Edited: April 23, 2013, 04:48:22 PM by politicus »

Dear Lord...

Saying Islamism = Nazism is hyperbole, but not without a core of truth (totalitarian ideology + antisemitism, women = breeding machines, modernity is degenerated, longing for a past that never where etc.)

Saying Islam = Nazism is mindboglingly stupid and insulting.

Surprised to see you putting this here. Did you think it over, or was it a gut feeling?

I think I was pretty balanced on that one, saying it was hyperbole, but with a core of truth. There are obviously clear differences, but Islamism in its radical version (not talking Erdogan and moderates here) has a core that is not that far from some of the elements in Nazism, which also had a pseudo-religious, mythological element + they share a number of values with fascism.

I consider radical Islamism an ideology detached from genuine Islam. Basically an abuse of the religion to create a totalitarian ideology, the fascist abuse of patriotism and national pride is related.

What is it specifically that you find absurd or ignnorant?
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1817 on: April 23, 2013, 04:46:29 PM »
« Edited: April 23, 2013, 04:48:04 PM by asexual trans victimologist »

If fascism is palingenetic ultranationalism, then at least a few strands of radical thought in Islam could be described as palingenetic ultrareligiosity. I myself wouldn't make the comparison and would caution against it for a whole host of reasons (the concept of 'Islamofascism', as if the content of the belief systems was comparable in either a theoretical or a historical sense, is bizarre, wrongheaded, and dangerous, and I think politicus's post veered dangerously close to that without necessarily in fact diving in), but I don't think it's prima facie absurd.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1818 on: April 23, 2013, 05:30:04 PM »

Screw this one by not reading carefully, my bad.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #1819 on: April 23, 2013, 06:08:35 PM »

Not getting into this debate but bro be careful with the pee stains
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1820 on: April 23, 2013, 06:35:21 PM »

LOL
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1821 on: April 23, 2013, 07:00:56 PM »

Most people expect that their Facebook photos will stay within their circle. (Of course the photos  don't stay there, but should you really spread them around?)

Yea pretty much. When I put photos on facebook I certainly don't expect them to end up on an internet forum unless I put them there.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1822 on: April 23, 2013, 07:09:36 PM »

Yea pretty much. When I put photos on facebook I certainly don't expect them to end up on an internet forum unless I put them there.
Well, please let me welcome you to reality. What goes on facebook does not stay on facebook. Don't like it? Don't go on facebook.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1823 on: April 23, 2013, 07:19:49 PM »

Well, please let me welcome you to reality. What goes on facebook does not stay on facebook. Don't like it? Don't go on facebook.

I don't think it's something one should enable.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #1824 on: April 23, 2013, 07:41:51 PM »

Okay this is going too far.

FF; the forum has overreacted massively, and Wyodon calling him a "prick" is so over the line.

There are few other words I can use to describe a misogynist; one who, I would remind you, would probably like to see you hanged in the town square for having a blue avatar.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies