The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:45:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80
Author Topic: The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts  (Read 261898 times)
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1925 on: May 10, 2013, 01:20:41 PM »

These great patriots are defending the constitution.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1926 on: May 10, 2013, 01:27:40 PM »

krazen understands his role perfectly and is quite self-aware now in playing it.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1927 on: May 10, 2013, 01:42:58 PM »

Yeah, there's no point in posting Krazen stuff here anymore. We can safely assume that any post he comes with will be deluge-worthy.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1928 on: May 10, 2013, 08:54:41 PM »

I'm pretty close to confirming that I know krazen in real life (from before his posting here) and about 75% of what he says is "for effect."
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #1929 on: May 10, 2013, 09:00:05 PM »

Oh good, he's not actually a sociopath, just a useless lying troll who enjoys putting on a character for the internet. Phew!
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1930 on: May 10, 2013, 09:02:02 PM »

Oh good, he's not actually a sociopath, just a useless lying troll who enjoys putting on a character for the internet. Phew!

I actually find this somewhat comforting. The idea that he could be 100% serious made me shudder.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1931 on: May 10, 2013, 09:04:02 PM »

It hasn't been confirmed yet but I have a pretty good idea especially after a conversation I had earlier in the week. Don't know if I'd say he's lying though: he actually is a hyper partisan but likes to embellish his positions/analysis for shock value. Here's a crazy idea: stop paying attention to him!
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1932 on: May 10, 2013, 09:23:02 PM »

It hasn't been confirmed yet but I have a pretty good idea especially after a conversation I had earlier in the week. Don't know if I'd say he's lying though: he actually is a hyper partisan but likes to embellish his positions/analysis for shock value. Here's a crazy idea: stop paying attention to him!

This is kind of what I expected.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1933 on: May 10, 2013, 11:12:18 PM »

I'll go with the second option. We need to know everything he knows and what sort of other plots his type are planning against America.
Option 1, because this little thing called the Constitution exists.

Well, you just support Terrorism, Chairmansanchez.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1934 on: May 10, 2013, 11:23:04 PM »
« Edited: May 10, 2013, 11:24:42 PM by Senator Sbane »

I'll go with the second option. We need to know everything he knows and what sort of other plots his type are planning against America.

Jesus, loosen up a bit. \

Considering what the rightwingers have been saying about the boston bombers, if it turns out that a person is responsible for the West, TX disaster, why shouldn't they also advocate for him to be sent to Guantanamo? Religion?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1935 on: May 10, 2013, 11:26:32 PM »

Jesus, loosen up a bit. \

Considering what the rightwingers have been saying about the boston bombers, if it turns out that a person is responsible for the West, TX disaster, why shouldn't they also advocate for him to be sent to Guantanamo? Religion?
My apologies, I read right through your sarcasm. Consider this undeluged. I am a bit on edge tonight.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #1936 on: May 11, 2013, 05:13:25 AM »

Well yeah, that's what they read like. One wouldn't need to know him to guess that. Tongue
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1937 on: May 11, 2013, 07:18:40 AM »

Well yeah, that's what they read like. One wouldn't need to know him to guess that. Tongue

Well, some people here seem to believe he's 100% serious in his comments and not embellishing. If he is who I think he is, there is some embellishment but he really is a hyper partisan. Tongue
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #1938 on: May 11, 2013, 07:53:39 AM »

Well, some people here seem to believe he's 100% serious in his comments and not embellishing. If he is who I think he is, there is some embellishment but he really is a hyper partisan. Tongue
Yeah, I was including that part. Wink
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1939 on: May 12, 2013, 03:16:35 AM »

You type in Obama on google and the 3rd thing to come up is "Obama Impeachment". should we be worried??
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1940 on: May 12, 2013, 11:52:20 AM »

You type in Obama on google and the 3rd thing to come up is "Obama Impeachment". should we be worried??

Now I know what it must have been like to read my posts 2 years ago
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1941 on: May 12, 2013, 12:09:32 PM »

I'll say AynRandLand for another reason.  After religion is destroyed, greed by and large will be destroyed.  Most people are naturally benevolent, they need religion/superstition/junk science to feel they have a superior standing than others and therefore justify their greed.  Societies in which religion is powerful breed this type of thought.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1942 on: May 12, 2013, 12:17:29 PM »
« Edited: May 12, 2013, 12:34:37 PM by asexual trans victimologist »

I'll say AynRandLand for another reason.  After religion is destroyed, greed by and large will be destroyed.  Most people are naturally benevolent, they need religion/superstition/junk science to feel they have a superior standing than others and therefore justify their greed.  Societies in which religion is powerful breed this type of thought.

...what?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1943 on: May 12, 2013, 01:10:26 PM »

Well it's certainly a novel argument.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1944 on: May 12, 2013, 07:21:18 PM »

Most people are naturally benevolent

That's an optimistic view
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1945 on: May 12, 2013, 08:07:07 PM »

Think what you want of science and religion respectively, but when you mix the two absurdity inevitably ensues:

The Sun burns out and dies like any other star, about 20 million years from now.  (Although I expect Jesus to return before then.)
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1946 on: May 12, 2013, 08:50:14 PM »

I'll say AynRandLand for another reason.  After religion is destroyed, greed by and large will be destroyed.  Most people are naturally benevolent, they need religion/superstition/junk science to feel they have a superior standing than others and therefore justify their greed.  Societies in which religion is powerful breed this type of thought.

...what?

It's absurd to think my belief system will save humanity?  You do the exact same!

no matter. 
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1947 on: May 12, 2013, 09:28:58 PM »

After religion is destroyed, greed by and large will be destroyed.  Most people are naturally benevolent, they need religion/superstition/junk science to feel they have a superior standing than others and therefore justify their greed.
This is backwards, of course. People are naturally self-centred and need society to teach them otherwise.

Plenty aren't.  

You must be logged in to read this quote.
For an atheist, you sure don't seem to put much stock in scientifically conducted research.

What scientifically conducted research?

The most religious Americans actually give more money to secular causes than do secular Americans.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

And how many "secular" Americans are there?  

Ehhh... go buy your way into heaven/do it because you are told if you like, whether you like it or not that's what guides the good deeds of most religious people.  If the ends justify the means, good for you.  I don't agree.

I just don't understand the complete lack of equality in the matter.  The religiouses are allowed to advertise their belief system as the humanity's salvation... but us atheists aren't allowed to do the same?  I genuinely believe atheism/agnosticism/secularism is what will save humanity.  That's why I believe in it so strongly.  

More bigotry against atheists from the Atlas, but that's to be expected.  Every minority has to deal with BS. 
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1948 on: May 12, 2013, 10:07:21 PM »

Jesus [inks]ing Christ...

This is what Libertarians want America to look like, and they don't even know it.
No, not really. The building posed a threat to neighboring buildings, and other individuals’ lives. According to most Libertarians (with the anarchists and the hardcore Objectivists being excluded) the individual’s rights only extend to the point that preserves their own life without threatening the life of somebody else.
But didn't those individuals negotiate their rights in libertarian logic, by agreeing to employment there? Who would be doing the law enforcement in libertarian society, by the way?
Yes, if they saw the place falling apart, then they shouldn't have worked there. Everyone needs to eat, however and they took the risk everyday for that reason. It is certainly not their fault that they are dead, of course-don’t misconstrue that as blame. The buildings collapse threatened neighbors not connected with the factory at all, and is where the crime is in my opinion.

As for law enforcement, that belongs to the state. In fact, that is the entire purpose of the state.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1949 on: May 13, 2013, 05:35:08 PM »

New Jersey is pretty much my second state, other than my home state of PA. Overall he's pretty horrible governor.  He's anti-union, anti-choice, anti-equality, anti-civil liberties, and probably a neo-con on civil liberties.

If he is elected president, which he won't, he would continue the corporate policies and anti-civil liberty policies that have happened under Obama/Bush/Clinton.

All of the Republican candidates, expect maybe Rand Paul, but he flip flopped on drones so I would never vote for him, are for things like NDAA 2012, Patriot Act, FISA, Gitmo Bay, drones, anti-marriage equality, anti-choice, pro-corporate controlled.  Hiliary will also continue the pro-corporate anti-civil liberty policies of Obama/Bush/Clinton.

That's why I like many proud Americans will vote third party in 2016.  Because we aren't foolish enough to voe for the lesser of two evils (Democrats).
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies