The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:52:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts  (Read 261473 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« on: June 09, 2012, 04:11:09 AM »

BRTD doubles down on his criticism of a kindergarten TV show as "repetitive" and "for idiots" with his championing of a show marketed at preteen girls:

Can we get this out once and for all? Why the Hell are people watching "My Little Pony", ironically or not? What the Hell has happened to this world?

Maybe because it's a well-written and funny show with solid animation and production values and good well-developed characters? Kind of the polar opposite of South Park in fact...

Most people don't watch the show "ironically", and I suspect dead0man's daughter really just appreciates it for being as good as it is, but is too embarrassed to admit otherwise.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 04:18:31 AM »

Oh dear, you like to watch a TV show for little girls too?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 02:05:11 PM »

Its odd that the alleged killer has the last name Holmes, which is similar to Katie Holmes who was in the first Batman movie.  I wonder if they are distant relatives.  It probably has nothing to do with his motives, but it is an odd coincidence.  And Katie Holmes was removed from the 2nd Batman movie which upset many fans.  She also recently divorced Tom Cruise and left Scientology so I'm sure some conspiracy theorists will find a way to blame the mass murders on Scientology. 
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 07:09:50 PM »

A Kindle Fire is not a computer. If it is so is an iPad, or even a smartphone.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 02:03:46 PM »

I have to be the only person in the country more motivated to support Romney because he strapped his dog to the roof of his car. I f**king hate dogs.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2012, 09:47:56 PM »

Are there a lot of trolls on this forum?

Yes, and an increasing number of them are all you.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2012, 07:04:47 PM »

Even when he's not discussing political history, this kid still needs a residency in this thread:

Oh great; the 75th anniversary of Snow White gets overshadowed (again) by a stupid made-up apocalypse. I guess Disney asked for it; they've ignored it almost entirely.

Yes, but so has everybody else except you, apparently.  Seriously, what a weird tidbit of cultural history to want to commemorate, and then throw a hissy fit when it unsurprisingly gets ignored.
Why?  It's one of the most important films in history and considered such a timeless classic; why not commemorate it?  Disney did a theatrical rerelease and a bunch of other stuff for the 50th in 1987 and they also did a few things to commemorate the 75th anniversary of Mickey Mouse's debut in 2003.  Why would they ignore the 75th for Snow White?  I think it's pretty safe to say that if it weren't for that film, we wouldn't even have animation today, let alone Disney. 
Granted, I won't entirely ignore the Mayan apocalypse either; I'll be laughing at all the crazy folks who think the world is actually going to end, including the schools that are closing because of it.  And besides, wasn't the apocalypse supposed to happen only if Republicans won back the White House?  And anyways, you guys are all wrong.  The apocalypse will be the 31st, not the 21st, if we reach the fiscal cliff without a solution.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2013, 11:00:56 PM »

Hmm, was it the addition of "you see"?  I thought mimicking your insufferability might have crossed the line, and I guess it did.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2013, 11:20:55 PM »

You deleted your half-apology?  I was about to half-accept it.  Sad
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2013, 11:28:30 PM »

I half-accept your half-apology.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2013, 08:33:40 PM »

I read a book once that mentioned how Ronald McDonald has been portrayed as a "basketball-playing hipster" in some McDonald's advertising, and ever since I have associated the term "hipster" with Ronald McDonald, who has creeped me out ever since I was a young child.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2013, 11:19:45 AM »

You poor, tortured souls!  I can't imagine what hell you all must be going through in reading his posts!  Cry
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2013, 09:48:44 PM »

Tony, you know BRTD's obsequiousness to opebo?  Well, you and Nathan... um...

Just a friendly observation.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2013, 10:18:07 PM »

Still, will you actually contend that none (or even, not a significant share) of Nathan's post are good?

Have I ever implied that?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies