The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:16:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts  (Read 261700 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: May 22, 2012, 12:26:24 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I guess that means he's so sticky that he can't be shaken off - like a tar baby. I like it! 
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 09:52:20 AM »

Welp, I hope you guys had your fun. Certainly at my expense.

I don't know why I hung around here for as long as I did, but I won't be doing it anymore. I'm sick of being treated like I'm not worth anything. You people try to pass yourselves off as adults, well you're not. You're all children. So have fun beating down every child that wants to feel like they have a say in the world. Because you've now succeeded at least once.

I would suggest perhaps you view it as an opportunity to work on your debating skills, and diplomatic skills, so that when you get into the mash pit, the other guy gets the worst of it, while you remain pleasant and death pointless, even as the other guy writhes in agony. In other words, get at once a thicker skin, and a nice little velvet glove to put on your fist. Just a thought. Smiley
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 12:56:39 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

That must be why the Dems run so strongly with the post graduate degree crowd. Tongue  A lot of trash has been posted lately hasn't it?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 01:01:55 PM »

Looks like a sock account, just from the third sentence.

Clearly.  The guy is just trying too hard, as he slings epithets around in lieu of actually thinking. Smiley 
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2012, 05:44:58 PM »

Most foreigners love seeing America struggle, so naturally they love Obama and want the next four years to be like the past four years.

I'm going to start interacting with him as if he were the Scarlet Pimpernel.

Are there a lot of trolls on this forum?

Yes, and Politico is one of our most notorious ones. The 2012 board is pretty much open season for even good posters to be trolls, though. Welcome to the forum!

Hey, Nathan, why don't we both be trolls for a week, and show the kids how to do it properly, meaning you rile up the opposition, but make it hard for the mods to hand out death points? The troll skill level around here these days is really pathetically low. It's an embarrassment!
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2012, 09:09:07 AM »

Politicization of employment - and patronage - are essential to a good economy.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2012, 01:44:23 PM »

Simfan, when you become  as old and desiccated as I am, perhaps you will be a tad more suspicious of grand unified theories such as the one above, while chaos theory (yes, there are still patterns buried in there) becomes ever more compelling.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2013, 10:05:47 AM »

How about on the International boards? Tongue
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2013, 01:12:49 PM »

Can AdamObawesome's sig be counted as ignorance? Because it makes the screen three feet wide, and to read a sentence here, I have to scroll sideways.

I just sent him a PM asking him to make his sig pic smaller or take it down. I once had one that was too big, and a poster told me to take the f'ing thing down.  I complied because he was right. It was inconsiderate. Do you like the size of the one that I currently have?  Smiley
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2013, 02:09:56 PM »

The post where Torie consistently refers to drj101 with male pronouns (in Individual Politics) is objectively ignorant, even if not absurd or bad as such.

Females are allowed to post on this site?  Who knew?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2013, 02:33:17 PM »

The post where Torie consistently refers to drj101 with male pronouns (in Individual Politics) is objectively ignorant, even if not absurd or bad as such.

Females are allowed to post on this site?  Who knew?

Well, they're not allowed to be biological females, but yeah.

Ouch!  I assume that you are referring to the plethora of hetero pussies and prudes around here, and not to us gorgeous homo macho hunks right? 
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2013, 11:58:52 PM »

Some really think the government is out to get you, as part and parcel of a plan to create a 1984 Orwellian world. With those, there can be no meaningful dialogue. It's their own little particular secular religion. The public square can only try to deal with reality, the testable stuff based on empirical data and experience - not hard wired leaps of faith.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2013, 10:48:52 AM »

Nonpartisan redistricting can be enacted after the GOP uses gerrymandering for a century as punishment.

It's really tempting to start engaging him again, but I know no good can come of it.

Fighting against personal sin is a lifelong endeavor.  Be brave!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies