The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:42:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts  (Read 261382 times)
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: July 29, 2012, 02:08:03 PM »

Same here.  Disgusting and pathetic.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 11:19:02 PM »

220 days, 2 hours and 38 minutes - not as bad as I'd feared Tongue
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 05:33:19 PM »

I think that anyone who doesn't like Ayn Rand has anti-Semitic tendencies. 

She's one of the most popular Jewish writers in history.

Democrat, voting for Obama because I hate Mitt Romney more than any other person who has ever existed.

It's true.  I hate everything about him, and on a personal level I want him to fail.  He is scum, and deserves what scum deserves.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 10:37:16 PM »

Surely there are politicians you agree with less, considering you and Romney share that whole foreign policy hawk thing

Oh definitely.  My hatred for Romney is at a personal level.  I think he is human scum, the crystallized scum that lines the toilet bowl.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2012, 06:46:40 PM »

Yes, I recognize it's irrational.  Doesn't matter.  I still hate him.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2012, 06:35:03 PM »

On why there was no left wing Tea Party:
Because the right-wing media and the Bush regime suppressed it.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2012, 01:23:29 PM »

Old Smiley, and even more bullied than now by people who don't care about history.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2012, 01:40:20 PM »

Plus, the wonderful irony of this poll is that the same liberals who claim to champion the "working man" and demonize the upper classes will probably vote Freedom Food as well because they're European.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2013, 11:02:24 AM »

You know that was a joke, right?
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2013, 09:07:36 AM »

Lincoln is dead today as well, but does he seriously not make you more likely to support Republicans?

Of course he doesn't.  What kind of jackass supports a party because of one leader 150 years ago?
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2013, 10:35:05 PM »

... are you kidding me? Have you not heard of the Carter Center and its election monitoring programs?

I've heard of the Jimmy Carter who constantly coddles up to terrorists.

Yeah, that wasn't my best response.  In fact, it was arguably my worst.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2013, 02:22:48 PM »

Moving to the center on social issues won't help the GOP. It'll just send their white working class voters into the hands of the Democrats, who actually would do a better job representing them anyway, at least on pocketbook issues. If the Republicans want to make themselves electable and make inroads with minorities, they don't need to move to the left on social issues. Rather, they need to stop being the elected patrons of plutocratic privilege.

Of course that will never happen. The Republicans have been in plutocracy's grip since 1876, and every time they nominate a reformer (T.R., Ike) they ultimately get outmaneuvered by the bone-headed business elites that want to drag the country back into the Gilded Age. If by some miracle the GOP could move to the center on economics, or even the center-left, they'd have a good shot at rebuilding themselves as a mass party, conservative social positions or not.

Correct, and this, coupled with the possibility that the Democratic party could someday move left due to the browns makes me anticipate some form of (further) anti-democratic alteration of the State - as our own pbrower has often predicted.

I'd say that's more likely than most people assume. The wealthy aren't just going to allow the Democrats to waltz in and start redistributing their piles of cash. We're already seeing the champions of cheap labor mobilize to deny the poor the vote again in the South and the periphery regions they control by implementing Voter ID and trying to change the rules that govern the electoral college to make it even less representative than it already is.

That, and they already own the courts. That much is obvious. The United States Constitution is the greatest ally the plutocrats have, as it breaks up and divides power without democratizing it. And they own the media and the universities, contrary to conservative ballyhooing about the "left" owning the media and the academy.

There are a lot of ways that the plutocrats can conspire to limit the impending Democratic majority. They've already gerrymandered the House to be their's for at least until 2020. They're deliberately sabotaging the economy in hopes of taking the Senate in 2014. Should they gain control of the White House in 2016, they'll be ripe to prevent that Democratic majority from ever emerging by passing such awful things like a national right-to-work bill, national voter ID, means-testing everything, and expanding the influence of globalization in the American economy.

tl;dr -  Don't get cocky, Democrats. Even with the public scared sh**tless at the moment by the GOP doesn't mean that the GOP will become completely unelectable and unable to win, even while remaining on the far-right. They'll just do as they always have - change the rules to continue the domination of American society by a plutocratic elite.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2013, 02:51:04 PM »

Ben the right-winger.  Why is your avatar red, Ben?

I'm no right-winger, Opebo.  I just find class warfare posts hyperbolic and absurd.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2013, 03:03:43 PM »

instead reposted it here solely because he saw my reposting of it in the 'Good Post Gallery'.

I didn't actually read the original thread.  Surely one isn't expected to respond to every post they dislike on the entire forum?
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2013, 10:30:09 PM »

IMHO, you have to try to treat everyone with respect and dignity. Most fail this call. I certainly do.

Nathan is probably better at this than most people.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2013, 01:24:23 PM »

They're right to sue. I wish more people would sue their high schools if they can't find a job.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies