The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:41:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts  (Read 261706 times)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« on: October 11, 2012, 09:40:48 AM »

Don't you mean "erases Barack's lead"? Your headline makes it sound like Romney's winning in a landslide. Tongue

I think most people would understand that to "erase a lead" implies pulling even, not a landslide.

Which is exactly why he said it should say "erases Barack's lead" instead of what Naso actually posted that is "erases Barack". I guess reading comprehension isn't something tested for MENSA membership.

I guess you do need to be in Mensa to understand that virtually no one says "erase" to mean "destroy" or "wins in a landslide."  

Naso, for BRTD's sake, use tiny words.

You still haven't figured it out.

I have.  You don't.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 01:23:33 AM »

Context needed. He's seems to be even more idiotic this year than normal.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2012, 04:58:33 AM »

J.J. should really just start posting directly into this thread.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 12:44:34 PM »

I don't understand this. They say that the most important issue for them is Create more jobs/Fix the economy 54%. Yet, they still support Obama who is never going to create a single job/fix the economy.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 02:00:39 AM »

I think even J.J. might have a better track record.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2012, 01:58:32 PM »

SJoycle- you're forgetting the rule of the board... any one who makes comments supporting the Democratic Party gets a standing ovation from the members in front of their computer monitor...any other comment gets that person attacked as stupid, irrelevant, evil- you name it!
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2012, 06:26:50 PM »

Obama wants to be on Mount Rushmore. He'll do whatever it takes to look like a great leader, even if it means working with Romney over some non-issue.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2012, 05:09:12 PM »

My patience is exhausted. Unless Obama makes an offer that is serious (the Pubs at least made a serious offer...

That really is absurd.

My only explanation is that Torie was under the influence of something.... Wink
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2012, 06:22:24 AM »

A vile sack of dog shit. And the fact that the entire forum seems to be supporting him...well. You'll see my opinion on that.

This is an insult to all the sacks of dog inks out there.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2012, 05:10:43 AM »

Generally a massacre involves people dying. No one died in the Chinese knife attack, because knives are much less dangerous than guns.

So we're just gonna gloss over the fact that a man burst into a Chinese school with a machete, stabbed 22 preteen children....solely because none of them died?

God, this is silly even by the Deluge's standards.

We needn't focus on little details like that, Antonio. You need to set your priorities straight.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2013, 04:04:13 PM »

What is absurd is the assertion that the tendency of a Texan born in 1908 to use a certain taboo word and to express certain things in ways that would now raise eyebrows means anything other than the fact he was a Texan born in 1908. Especially when said Texan was not exactly noted for his delicate language in private.
That doesn't mean he wasn't racist though.

Everyone born in 1908 was likely racist.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2013, 12:51:16 PM »

Don't you mean Los Angeles?

Anyway, that's my vote.
Sorry about that ill Correct that
Sorry ill fix that to include California
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2013, 07:02:47 AM »

Last time I checked, President Bush wasn't a bad president.  I'm a Democrat, but IMO, he was the better person to handle 9/11.  President Bush was also far from "dumb".  He is extremely intelligent (almost too much for his own good).  He wasn't a great president, but he wasn't a bad president, either.  I think history will smile on his administration overall.  Iraq was not a mistake, initially, it was IMPERATIVE to get Saddam Hussein out of there.  The problem lies in not being prepared for such a quick and decisive victory over the Saddam regime.  Al Gore would have been alright, but he's just not a likeable guy.  President Obama, OTOH, is very likeable and very intelligtent.  Al Gore needs to stay in the background, otherwise he will pretty much guarantee a Republican will be inaugurated on January 20, 2017.  Also, Hillary is far from a guarantee.  Even if she does run, she's not automatically going to win.  America is still a center-right country.

Nobody, and I mean nobody, can call George W. Bush dumb and be correct.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2013, 07:07:10 PM »

Most Democrats, the moronic lefties... love to redefine actual events as inaccurate and paint over the inconvenient and painful truths;

Calm down, bro. A sizable portion of your party believes the Earth is ~6,000 years old.

Which isn't necessarily wrong.  I personally believe the earth is millions of years old, but that man is ~6,000 years old, based on the Bible which is infallible.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2013, 07:10:21 PM »

Most Democrats, the moronic lefties... love to redefine actual events as inaccurate and paint over the inconvenient and painful truths;

Calm down, bro. A sizable portion of your party believes the Earth is ~6,000 years old.

Which isn't necessarily wrong.  I personally believe the earth is millions of years old, but that man is ~6,000 years old, based on the Bible which is infallible.

Beat me to it. I WISH I read that one wrong.

It's best never to assume that with the poster in question.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2013, 12:03:41 PM »

And no, Christians are not stupid, just as not all blacks are lazy, not all Irish are drunks, and not all Jews are greedy.  You can never make generalizations like that.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2013, 12:18:56 PM »

And no, Christians are not stupid, just as not all blacks are lazy, not all Irish are drunks, and not all Jews are greedy.  You can never make generalizations like that.

Not to defend Oldiesfreak, but what's bad about that post?

The implications are just amazing. Not all blacks are lazy? Not all Jews are greedy? How good of him to recognize that there are some good ones out there.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2013, 09:07:49 AM »

Stop trolling, Oldies.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2013, 06:27:14 PM »

I'm pretty sure that for white upper middle-class people (the main demographic on this forum), Greece is a pretty nice place to live in.

But Franzl's post was on a thread about working conditions in Greece, so he seemed to be implying that the Greek economy/working conditions in Greece/and such was more desirable than Arizona's (which is pretty absurd). Obviously preferring Greek weather to Arizona's is fine (stating the reverse might just be eligible for inclusion in this thread Tongue ), but that wasn't the context of the post.

When did I say or imply anything about economics? Merely that I prefer Greece to Arizona and would feel more comfortable there.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2013, 12:35:24 PM »

I understand the freedom of religion, but what homosexual supporters need to understand is the freedom of speech.  Not everybody has to applaud, endorse, and embrace homosexuality.

Is anyone being thrown in jail?

No, but they should not be silenced or mocked or ridiculed.

As for Franzl's argument that Young Earth Creationists should be mocked or ridiculed, that is just so outrageous it is humiliating.  It's not true, but America has different view points, that's just the way it is.  Nobody's view points should be subject to ridicule and humiliation and nobody's view points should be silenced.  If we were all forced to have the same viewpoint or keep dissenting viewpoints to ourselves, we would not be a Democracy, we would be a dictatorship.

I kind of wonder if this is a sincere sentiment, or whether it's just trolling.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies