The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:30:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts  (Read 261342 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« on: June 04, 2012, 10:03:39 AM »

If you want to debate, then take it to the thread where the quote originated.

Even better...do everything in the thread where it originated. Since that's what the threads are for, you know? This is why I find this thread useless. If you want to call out a poster on being stupid, do it in the thread and give them a chance to defend themselves. Posting here is cowardly .
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 04:30:05 AM »

Well, yes, the Democrats don't care about middle class people, and especially middle class whites.
thats not really outrageous. i happen to believe republicans (as in the politicians, obviously) don't care about the middle class. does that belong in the deluge?

Of course not. Any post criticizing the Republican party belongs in the Good Post Gallery. I'm not saying that because I'm a hack, but because my college education informs me that this is an objective fact.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 09:32:57 AM »

Well, yes, the Democrats don't care about middle class people, and especially middle class whites.
thats not really outrageous. i happen to believe republicans (as in the politicians, obviously) don't care about the middle class. does that belong in the deluge?

Of course not. Any post criticizing the Republican party belongs in the Good Post Gallery. I'm not saying that because I'm a hack, but because my college education informs me that this is an objective fact.

Funny how you have ignored the second part of the sentence (after the comma) which is utterly ludicrous.

Democrats on here say the Republicans don't care about blacks all the time. And it is a fairly standard idea in political science and political economy that parties only care about those who vote for them. I generally find few things to be as ridiculous as quoting posts into this thread though, so that's my bias.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 03:51:45 AM »

Memphis point certainly stands. It's very obvious hyperbole, but as a response to the statement that the US has come up with nothing it's perfectly valid.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2013, 03:25:00 AM »

How did memphis' clothes comment turn into "women shouldn't dress like prostitutes if they don't wanna get raped."?

I would not blame a victim of rape. Ever. At the same time, we all live in an imperfect world and need to be mindful of that fact. I wouldn't leave my front door wide open lest somebody loot my modest possessions. It wouldn't be my fault somebody stole my stuff, but it would have been wiser to be more conscious of the risks out there in the world.

He explicitly stated that women are never at fault for being victimized in that way, but all the same would do well to practice caution in unpredictable situations. Comparing the scenario to simple theft cheapens the impact of rape, to say the least, but this is the internet and it's a brain-dead easy analogy to make off the cuff.

Beyond that, he seems to think the biological differences between men and women are too vast for true sexual integration to occur. Again, what is controversial about that viewpoint? Is this not a commonly held stance amongst people? I understand the goal is to deconstruct the concepts of sexual archetypes, but you're seriously calling anyone who thinks this way an irredeemably evil bigot misogynist sexist whateverist. Do you guys routinely crucify weird uncle Clem when he makes off-color comments at Christmas dinner?

I'd like to note that that comment was to my mind one of the least offensive things he said on this subject. I'm certainly not one of those people who go on witch-hunts against anyone who doesn't worship radical feminism. Anyone who thinks that this is about crucifying people who think there are biological differences between the sexes has really missed the point.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2013, 05:16:42 AM »

The post isn't bad at all until you get to the bolded part, but the bolded part alone is so absurd, and the parts after it show at least extreme ignorance:

The ideal job for Bushie would be to be a minister. It's really not taxing work in the least

I've always thought he should be a minister.

Oh no! How will BRTD respond to this? Shocked
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2013, 06:07:05 PM »

Yes, despite Gustaf's insistence otherwise I can get along with people who disagree with me. Torie is another great example of someone I get along fine with.
Seems funny that he, of all people, would make such a suggestion.

Yeah, that wasn't really my point.

And I get along great with people who disagree with me in a general sense, which is why I have friends ranging all over the political spectrum. Some of them are almost as sexist as you, but not quite as bad. I do draw the line somewhere.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2013, 08:28:06 AM »

Haha, you really aren't very mature. Misogynist men rarely are though.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies