The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:33:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts  (Read 261409 times)
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« on: June 01, 2012, 10:59:19 PM »

It's not really liberal, like, San Francisco or Seattle liberal.  Hollywood liberalism strikes me as being centrist, with a hint of libertarianism.  But with environmentalism, and support for idiotic causes like Kony 2012, PETA, etc.  Certainly culturally conservative, with the whole housewife culture and teen mom bull[Inks].

How is this absurd? And if it is about seemingly self contradictory things then that usually happens when your primary purpose is to make money.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 01:45:29 PM »

Job well done.  Thanks to mods and nyman.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 02:09:14 PM »

Ha, no. I am already wasting too much time on the site, needlessly spiteful, and generally useless as a poster.  I shudder to think what an Atlasia stint for me would produce.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 07:58:18 PM »

"Inks, go get laid"? Really?

Phil, are you a jock in a 1980s teen movie?

Why does he have to be a Billy Zabka type and not Rodney from Caddyshack?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxvdvoQgAy8

patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2012, 08:14:38 PM »

In which noted climatologist J.J. argues that Hurricane Sandy was just a run of the mill nor'easter:

What you are missing is that Bloomberg will help in South Florida, and likely with the suburban moderates in NOVA and Denver as well.

If he had made it about Israel, possibly, it would help in FL.  It was about global warming. 

Moderates in NOVA and Denver, only big environmentalists, and Obama has their vote already.

Educated suburban moderates almost universally accept climate change.  I'm surprised Obama hasn't campaigned on it at all in VA and CO.  It is an opportunity to make Romney look anti-science to people who might otherwise be R on fiscal issues.

And, if they are educated, they would realize that a nor'easter is not uncommon.

Being without power for 3 days from that common Noreaster caused me to miss the rest of Professor J.J.'s lecture on Advanced infantry tactics to retake a consulate compound. Do you think they have a recording of the lecture at the lab? I hear it was co-lectured with the modern day Hannibal, Professor Cliffy...

patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2013, 10:10:19 PM »

I wouldn't use awesome. Verbose and well phrased, sure.  However,  Nathan still lost his cool and jumped in the mud. Krazen has been successful in his trolling. 
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2013, 10:27:03 PM »

I don't see anything wrong with insulting people who deserve it.

Couple problems: everyone has their own conception of who deserves it and insults inherently solve nothing. The insults only makes you temporarily feel better but then superior.  Once you dehumanize your opponent the next steps become easier. IMHO, you have to try to treat everyone with respect and dignity. Most fail this call. I certainly do.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2013, 11:03:34 PM »

Anyway, I don't subscribe to that notion that everyone deserves respect. Sure, there ought to be a great deal of tolerance for diverging views and certainly the members of an internet forum tend to err on the side of disrespect, but that does not mean people ought to respect you regardless of how you behave.

Maybe I'm just in a particularly self righteous or thoughtful mood tonight but there is a difference between respect for a person's behavior and beliefs and respect for someone as a fellow human being. Confronting people for their wrong headed beliefs and actions is necessary. Debasing them in the process is not and often is counter-productive.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies