IN-Global Strategy Group (D): Donnelly tied with Mourdock in internal (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:15:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 Senatorial Election Polls
  IN-Global Strategy Group (D): Donnelly tied with Mourdock in internal (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IN-Global Strategy Group (D): Donnelly tied with Mourdock in internal  (Read 2122 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: May 15, 2012, 12:07:37 PM »

No surprise here - Moudock is too far out of mainstream for Indiana.

As evidenced by his landslide statewide win two years ago. Oh, that doesn't count? Ok. Explain that statewide win in 2006 then.

We are in the period when bitter Lugar supporters will amp up the hysterics. Come November, this won't be one of the top competitive races.

Oh, and did we mention that this is a Dem internal? Mourdock is clearly leading.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 05:15:25 PM »

I'm not saying that the State Treasurer is a widely known position but don't make him out to be some fire-breathing unelectable nutcase. History proves you wrong.

Mourdock is mild mannered. Sure, the "bitterly partisan" stuff doesn't help but he isn't a far right winger and should be able to come across as a reasonable person/non-bomb thrower. That's enough for a win in an obviously Republican leaning state.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 09:09:44 PM »

The Tea Partier? Uh...I mean...I'm sympathetic towards the Tea Party, share most of their fundamental beliefs and think they get quite a bit of unfair treatment but I wouldn't say that I embody the movement enough to be labeled "The Tea Partier."

I consider myself a common sense, standard conservative Republican. I've disagreed with the Tea Party in plenty of primary contests.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies