CA-SurveyUSA: Gov. Brown's approval rating takes major hit (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:40:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CA-SurveyUSA: Gov. Brown's approval rating takes major hit (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CA-SurveyUSA: Gov. Brown's approval rating takes major hit  (Read 7674 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: May 17, 2012, 10:46:01 PM »

Democrats are pretty bad at managing states. California? Illinois? Disasters. New York is okay but still has a shortfall. Maryland, too, has a shortfall. While McDonnell's Virginia has a surplus.

Geez, are you serious about the blue avatar now? Do you think California and Illinois would be any better off with Whitman and Brady running things? Oh and how well off are the economies of Ohio and Florida and the popularity of the Republican governors there?

I thought Pete Wilson was popular during the 90's. No? Am I wrong?

The fact that Pete Wilson won re-election in 1994 is nothing short of a miracle. He was trailing by as much as 20% in 1993, and had some of the lowest approvals of any California governor, ever. The main reason why he won is (1) Wilson was a terrific campaigner who knew how to play hot-button issues like the death penalty, and (2) his opponent was inept at best.

and it was 1994.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 10:14:10 AM »

I've always found it somewhat amusing that Gray Davis of all people won an election in 1994. But does the Lt. Gov. of California actually do anything?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies