CA-SurveyUSA: Gov. Brown's approval rating takes major hit (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:16:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CA-SurveyUSA: Gov. Brown's approval rating takes major hit (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CA-SurveyUSA: Gov. Brown's approval rating takes major hit  (Read 7667 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« on: May 16, 2012, 11:49:56 AM »

Brown needs to go after pensions much more. He needs to propose changing all pensions to a 401k system. His 12 point plan isn't cutting it. Also sadly we need to cut ihss and medical. These programs should be paid for at the federal level. And some community colleges should be closed and tuition rates increased. But taxes need to be raised too. Thought it should be more broadbase than what has been proposed.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 01:07:40 PM »

I doubt the maid thing made much of a difference in the end. The vote was about the same for senator and the state houses.

I wonder if California voters can pass a measure imposing 401k pension plans on all state workers. The city of San Diego is voting on something similar for its city workers. I don't know whether that would be legal. Anyone know?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 09:54:41 PM »

I thought Pete Wilson was popular during the 90's. No? Am I wrong?

The fact that Pete Wilson won re-election in 1994 is nothing short of a miracle. He was trailing by as much as 20% in 1993, and had some of the lowest approvals of any California governor, ever. The main reason why he won is (1) Wilson was a terrific campaigner who knew how to play hot-button issues like the death penalty, and (2) his opponent was inept at best.

Don't forget prop 187.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies