CA-SurveyUSA: Gov. Brown's approval rating takes major hit (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:37:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CA-SurveyUSA: Gov. Brown's approval rating takes major hit (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CA-SurveyUSA: Gov. Brown's approval rating takes major hit  (Read 7715 times)
hopper
United States

« on: May 16, 2012, 12:01:11 PM »
« edited: May 16, 2012, 12:11:34 PM by hopper »

Brown only got elected because of Gloria Allred in the first place pulling Whitman's Illegal Immigrant Former Houekeeper out of hiding. If not for that Brown wouldn't even be in the Governor's Mansion right now.

Anyway, Californiens always reject new taxes on a ballot measure. They don't want it.

I mean Brown's approval rating went from the mid 40's to the low 30's because of a proposed tax hike. That should tell you something.

BTW, Why did Californiens re-elect Arnold back in 2006 anyway? The guy actually lower approval ratings at the end of his governership than George W. Bush did when he got out of the oval office.

What California needs right now is a Scott Walker or a John Kasich without the union busting measures. Or maybe California should ban collective bargaining rights for public employees. Maybe they wouldn't be a bad idea after all!
hopper
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 12:07:39 PM »
« Edited: May 16, 2012, 12:09:29 PM by hopper »

Running for governor of California, especially in 2010, is like asking to win the honor of being punched repeatedly in the face and charged five bucks each time for the pleasure.

I believe I called this back in 2010; I'll have to find my post.

Calling that doesn't make you prescient. Calling that means you have common sense. California hasn't had a popular governor since the 1980s.
I thought Pete Wilson was popular during the 90's. No? Am I wrong?

California's run of dissapointment governerships is like NJ's now(before Christie.) McGreevey embarassed NJ and Corzine is a corrupt felon now. CA had Gray Davis who was recalled because of big spending. Then they had Arnold which didn't work out. I think Arnold got ran over by the public works unions. Now they got Brown. Its like when is the run of dissapointing governorships gonna end?
hopper
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 12:25:50 PM »

Brown only got elected because of Gloria Allred in the first place pulling Whitman's Illegal Immigrant Former Houekeeper out of hiding. If not for that Brown wouldn't even be in the Governor's Mansion right now.

Anyway, Californiens always reject new taxes on a ballot measure. They don't want it.

I mean Brown's approval rating went from the mid 40's to the low 30's because of a proposed tax hike. That should tell you something.

BTW, Why did Californiens re-elect Arnold back in 2006 anyway? The guy actually lower approval ratings at the end of his governership than George W. Bush did when he got out of the oval office.

What California needs right now is a Scott Walker or a John Kasich without the union busting measures. Or maybe California should ban collective bargaining rights for public employees. Maybe they wouldn't be a bad idea after all!

The maid issue didn't help Whitman, but she would have lost anyway.

Scott Walker or John Kasich wouldn't get elected statewide here, they probably wouldn't even break 40% and if they did, they'd get nothing done.
I thought Whitman was infront of Brown in the polls before the maid thing happened.

hopper
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 06:50:24 PM »

Democrats are pretty bad at managing states. California? Illinois? Disasters. New York is okay but still has a shortfall. Maryland, too, has a shortfall. While McDonnell's Virginia has a surplus.
Maryland is doing alright.Colorado, Missouri, Arkansas, and Montana have Dem Governors and their balance sheets aren't complete disasters. Shweitzer in Montana is actually a Dem I could see myself voting for.  I agree CA along with Illinois are complete disasters. Maybe Illinois should have gone with Brady last election but he had like a nutty  view on something to do with animals or something. I remember Paul Begala talking about the animal thing on a couple occasions having to with Brady.
hopper
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 07:07:44 PM »
« Edited: May 16, 2012, 07:19:01 PM by hopper »

Democrats are pretty bad at managing states. California? Illinois? Disasters. New York is okay but still has a shortfall. Maryland, too, has a shortfall. While McDonnell's Virginia has a surplus.

Isn't Malloy pretty unpopular in CT too? Or am I just imagining that?
I think he has a 51% approval rating last time I looked. Malloy loves tax increases though. He did the same thing while he was Mayor of Stamford: increasing taxes like crazy I think. I don't know how this guy continues to win elections when he loves tax increases that much. Malloy somehow beat a incumbent Republican for Mayor of Stamford in 1995. Then Malloy was actually re-placed when he ran for Governor of Connecticut with a Republican Mayor in Michael Pavia. Pavia has still increased taxes but never like Malloy had in the past.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies