WI: Romney Tied with Obama 46 - 46
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:03:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  WI: Romney Tied with Obama 46 - 46
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: WI: Romney Tied with Obama 46 - 46  (Read 4619 times)
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2012, 12:17:48 PM »

I don't trust any poll in Wisconsin right now. It may not be so much methodology as it is the political climate. The Hard Right has been swamping Wisconsin with Orwellian propaganda. Many employers have been putting the squeeze on employees at all levels to support Scott Walker. Nothing that he has done recently shows him having changed his policies.

I suspect that people have been told that if they show any indication of voting against Scott Walker and the American Nightmare will quickly be denied any chance at participation in the American Dream -- that they will be the first to be fired. I suspect that most people know what to say when polled out of fear that the poll may in fact be secret surveillance of employees. The right answer to any poll is "Scott Walker is the most wonderful thing that happened to Wisconsin since the departure of the Ice Age glaciers!" if one wants a job in private industry in Wisconsin.

What's really Orwellian, and frightens me, is that you seem to truly believe what you are writing here. Provide one example of someone who has been pressured to support Gov. Walker. That's right -- it never happened.

Just accept Walker's policies are popular among Wisconsinites -- that he has received one voter mandate and is about to get a second -- and carry on with your life.

And, honestly, if Straha was banned for something he did 5 years ago, this sort of posting should be a bannable offense.
Andrew1
Rookie
United States

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2012, 12:18:33 PM »

Maybe it is just an effect of the political climate in Wisconsin at the moment.

The poll shows a very small enthusiasm gap. Obama leads 46-44 with registered voters and is tied 46-46 with likely voters (apparently that is general election likely voters).

I would expect Obama to be doing best with registered voters, not so well with general election likely voters, and worst of all with recall likely voters.

However this poll implies there would be very little difference between all three, given that it suggests turnout for the recall will be almost as high as the general.
AmericanNation

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 1.91

« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2012, 12:46:31 PM »

The poll shows a very small enthusiasm gap. Obama leads 46-44 with registered voters and is tied 46-46 with likely voters (apparently that is general election likely voters).

I would expect Obama to be doing best with registered voters, not so well with general election likely voters, and worst of all with recall likely voters.

However this poll implies there would be very little difference between all three, given that it suggests turnout for the recall will be almost as high as the general.

^^^good analysis.  Hence, changing the poll from likely to registered is probably a bad call, but it doesn't really matter much. 
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2012, 01:48:00 PM »

The Democrats threw a temper tantrum in Wisconsin and sided with the unions over the people. Naturally, the people won't be pleased.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies