Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 22, 2017, 02:36:56 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Election 2018 predictions for US Senate are now open!.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  General Politics
| |-+  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: TexasGurl, Torie, Vice President PiT)
| | |-+  Female soldiers sue over ban on women in combat
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Female soldiers sue over ban on women in combat  (Read 769 times)
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
YaBB God
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

View Profile
« on: May 29, 2012, 10:28:50 am »
Ignore

http://www.msmagazine.com/news/uswirestory.asp?ID=13669

Inb4 the deluge of thinly veiled sexism.

Free Bradley Manning
Trounce-'em Theresa
Nathan
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 10:29:59 am »
Ignore

To the extent that military combat should be perceived as necessary, good.

Professor Nathan. A shameless agrarian collectivist with no respect for private property or individual rights. Can you really trust him?

Yeah that's right, I said Siam. Why don't you go tell Pedro Martinez
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 10:35:57 am »
Ignore

Okay we've got DADT out of the way, and yet women still are being treated like crap in the military. Pretty sad.

If we go down then we go down together
They'll say you could do anything
They'll say that I was clever
If we go down then we go down together
We'll get away with everything
Let's show them we are better

"Keep looking up cause that's where it all is!"
tpfkaw
wormyguy
YaBB God
Liechtenstein

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 10:36:13 am »
Ignore

Women should be banned from combat, as should men.
shua
YaBB God
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: -4.52

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 03:52:20 pm »
Ignore

Two female soldiers filed a lawsuit yesterday charging that the military's ban on women in combat is unconstitutional and violates their equal protection rights under the Fifth Amendment.

lol

"Darkness makes a great canvas" - unidentified man
True Federalist
Ernest
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 05:15:58 pm »
Ignore

Women should be banned from combat, as should men.

So would you leave combat to the robots or to the children?

Quote from: Ignatius of Antioch
He that possesses the word of Jesus, is truly able to bear his very silence. ó Epistle to the Ephesians 3:21a
The one thing everyone can agree on is that the media is biased against them.
Rooney
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2012, 05:22:16 pm »
Ignore

Why in the world would anyone sue for the right to be shot in the face? Can't women ever be happy?

Political Matrix:
Economic score: +8.65
Social score: -8.00
Frodo
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2012, 05:52:02 pm »
Ignore

I'm actually coming around to the idea (slowly) of women in active combat units. Though it would be unnerving to be in a gym knowing that any of the women you see exercising there are actually battle-hardened soldiers who kill people for a living.  And have done so with their own hands in a face-to-face confrontation.  Tongue

Franzl
YaBB God
Germany

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2012, 08:53:52 am »
Ignore

How do people "come around" to ideas "slowly"? Don't quite understand what that's supposed to mean. Either you support something, oppose it, or are unsure what is correct. But "slowly coming around" seems to imply that you actually support something but want to drag it out unnecessarily.
Proud Grumplican
GM3PRP
YaBB God
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2012, 09:02:52 am »
Ignore

GI Jane?  Why the hell not?

You exemplify everything wrong and disgusting about our country.

Can we please, please not allow Grumps' staggering stupidity to derail another thread?

GQ MAN OF THE YEAR!

afleitch
Moderators
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -8.17

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2012, 09:13:27 am »
Ignore

Good Smiley The idea that women are unfit for combat but Joe McScrewloosefatso is on account of being male is ludicrous.

Torie
YaBB God
Samoa

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2012, 01:31:11 pm »

What do the Israelis do?  What do the Brits do?  Some combat jobs require upper body strength. The lawsuit won't be going anywhere, but I digress. The courts just don't F with the military.
Trounce-'em Theresa
Nathan
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2012, 01:41:10 pm »
Ignore

I'm actually coming around to the idea (slowly) of women in active combat units. Though it would be unnerving to be in a gym knowing that any of the women you see exercising there are actually battle-hardened soldiers who kill people for a living.  And have done so with their own hands in a face-to-face confrontation.  Tongue

Why more so than any of the men?

What do the Israelis do?  What do the Brits do?  Some combat jobs require upper body strength. The lawsuit won't be going anywhere, but I digress. The courts just don't F with the military.

Well, true, and that has to be taken into consideration, but there exist women with considerable upper body strength.

Professor Nathan. A shameless agrarian collectivist with no respect for private property or individual rights. Can you really trust him?

Yeah that's right, I said Siam. Why don't you go tell Pedro Martinez
Frodo
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2012, 05:57:15 pm »
Ignore

How do people "come around" to ideas "slowly"? Don't quite understand what that's supposed to mean. Either you support something, oppose it, or are unsure what is correct. But "slowly coming around" seems to imply that you actually support something but want to drag it out unnecessarily.

It's called 'getting used to the idea'.  It takes time.  Especially for someone approaching it from a conservative perspective.

Why more so than any of the men?

Because a battle-hardened woman would be a novelty here.  You don't really expect it of a gender you have been trained unconsciously to regard as the fairer (but weaker) sex.  This isn't Israel.  

danny
YaBB God
Israel

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2012, 07:21:22 pm »
Ignore

What do the Israelis do?

Allow women in combat.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 07:23:34 pm by danny »Logged

dead0man
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2012, 12:37:31 am »
Ignore

Good Smiley The idea that women are unfit for combat but Joe McScrewloosefatso is on account of being male is ludicrous.
Thank your god that Mr McScrewloosefatso is considered unfit for combat.  What with being nuts and fat and all.  You don't think the military takes just any douche with a prick do you?  Maybe yours does, but certainly not here.

75% of Young Americans Are Unfit for Military Service

Was that wrong? Should I have not done that? I tell you, I gotta plead ignorance on this thing because if anyone had said anything to me at all when I first started here that that sort of thing was frowned upon, you know, Ďcause I've worked in a lot of offices and I tell you people do that all the time.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout