SENATE BILL: Pregnant Women Support Act (Law'd) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:52:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: Pregnant Women Support Act (Law'd) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: Pregnant Women Support Act (Law'd)  (Read 8658 times)
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« on: May 20, 2012, 01:31:56 PM »

I'm a bit worried about the provisions in 2 being a form of indirect coercion; for example, it is unclear in 2b1 what "characteristics" would be mentioned here.  3 is also a bit odd.  Otherwise, most of this seems just fine; it would be nice to see a more-explicit endorsement of and/or support for genetic counseling in 7, which will undoubtedly be helpful as we are able to diagnose more and more things before birth (and, even more critically for the job of a genetic counselor, know that people are at higher risks for certain things, which is where it starts getting confusing).
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 12:19:29 PM »

I'm not sure that's even constitutional to impose the national government's will on what is presumably locally controlled.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 11:16:01 AM »

Grin Yup.  This represents an improvement over the current bill.  But I'll vote for Sbane's, too, once it comes up to a vote, because that's even better.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 09:30:44 PM »

Yup Grin  Then I'll move to strike the last clause added, cuz it's kind of pointless.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 12:04:19 PM »

Yup Grin
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies