Romney VP vetting has begun; (rumored?) leaks on who's been contacted (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:19:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Romney VP vetting has begun; (rumored?) leaks on who's been contacted (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Romney VP vetting has begun; (rumored?) leaks on who's been contacted  (Read 8345 times)
AmericanNation

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 1.91

« on: May 19, 2012, 06:59:12 PM »

I think it only seems like it was just for Republican women because whenever anyone thinks of Democrat women, they automatically think of Hillary. And there would be no question that Hillary is qualified. She is more experienced to be the president than Obama is, and Obama's already been the president for three years.

I make that point all the time.  That needs its own thread: People more qualified than Obama to be president.  The list would be huge.  Maybe try to estimate the numbers in categories instead of listing to tidy it up a bit.  For instance maybe only 100 mayors are actually more qualified to be president than the sitting president, instead of listing them.    
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 07:34:24 PM »

I think it only seems like it was just for Republican women because whenever anyone thinks of Democrat women, they automatically think of Hillary. And there would be no question that Hillary is qualified. She is more experienced to be the president than Obama is, and Obama's already been the president for three years.

I make that point all the time.  That needs its own thread: People more qualified than Obama to be president.  The list would be huge.  Maybe try to estimate the numbers in categories instead of listing to tidy it up a bit.  For instance maybe only 100 mayors are actually more qualified to be president than the sitting president, instead of listing them.    

I'd say it would be more limited than that, and it also depends on how you define 'qualified'. Hillary definitely counts. Romney probably does not. Someone like Jon Cornyn, as much as I dislike him politically, probably does.
Yea, I know it depends on a lot.  Romney obviously would be more qualified because he has been a successful executive of a state, corporation, and Olympics.  Obama has been a successful executive of... nothing.  I'm not being hyper partisan about it, if I was an Obama democrat I would have to honestly admit that.  I would probably say experience or qualification isn't important or something. 
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 08:00:47 PM »

So, it's pretty much down to the top two names.  If this has any validity, than Ryan may have refused ??
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2012, 08:22:36 PM »

Ok, I admit: I never saw Bobby Jindal's response to the state of the union address. Was it really bad enough to knock him off the VP charts? What did he even do?
spoke awkwardly and looked unable to appear on TV...  Nothing that couldn't be fixed the question is:  Is it fixed?!?!
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2012, 10:17:49 PM »

Romney-Portman style contest would be a giant snooze-fest. Bring on the fun choices!
I'd probably prefer a Romney-Ryan ticket, but I am beginning to see Portman as a better choice to win.  The more important thing is to think how 'fun' the next presidential term will be.  Think how much more fun it will be to have an IQ increase of at least 20-50 points on the winning ticket.  I know that will draw some comments, but honestly Biden is a serious concern and Obama undoubtedly has 'narrow' intelligence.  It will be fun to have some workhorses for a change!       
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 11:43:14 AM »

I'd say it would be more limited than that, and it also depends on how you define 'qualified'. Hillary definitely counts. Romney probably does not. Someone like Jon Cornyn, as much as I dislike him politically, probably does.
Yea, I know it depends on a lot.  Romney obviously would be more qualified because he has been a successful executive of a state, corporation, and Olympics.  Obama has been a successful executive of... nothing.  I'm not being hyper partisan about it, if I was an Obama democrat I would have to honestly admit that.  I would probably say experience or qualification isn't important or something. 

I think once a president has been in office for a while, his previous experience or lack of experience is kind of a moot point. I'll admit that Obama had a small(er) amount of political experience, but I don't think it made him unqualified. I just don't think there's that strong of a correlation between being able to handle the presidency and how much previous political experience one has.
I'm not talking about political experience.  I'm talking about doing something.  More specifically running, designing, leading, building, etc.  Going to college, writing two autobiography's, and being a back bencher show horse in various legislatures doesn't qualify.  His first term could have overcome the qualification problem, but it hasn't.  I don't even like the way his political campaigns have been run.  Personal destruction/disqualifying of the opponent isn't exactly 'inspiring'.  Maybe it's a cultural thing, but I would never claim that BSing all day is a major accomplishment.  A tangible result that can be measured and regarded as positive is what I'm looking for.  Stimulus was a failure and Obama-care is at best a wash and very likely a failure...  The Auto bailout was heavily flawed, and the Bin Laden order was a no brainer to everyone in the country BUT democrat elites.  What positive track record does the guy have?  If you have nothing to suggest you're qualified, than you typically aren't qualified.             
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies