What were the most evil nations in history? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:28:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  What were the most evil nations in history? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What were the most evil nations in history?  (Read 15870 times)
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« on: May 20, 2012, 11:27:52 AM »

The Assyrian Empire.

THEY ATE BABIES!
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 08:34:01 AM »
« Edited: May 21, 2012, 08:47:50 AM by Intellectual Extremist »

Let me put it this way Snowstalker:

British Empire: Well, there were a couple of British Empires (according to wikipedia) so I'm going to assume that you're talking about the concept of British Empire as a whole going all the way back to 1497 when the Brits first started looking for colonies outside of the Plantations of Ireland or whatever else land the Brits held.
In that case, sure the British were evil, but that is to be expected from an empire that existed for nearly 430 years.

Nazi Germany: Existed for 12 years and was defined by acts of pure evil and the supermajority of it's death counts came in the last SIX YEARS of it's existence.

Not justifying the British Empire or saying I believed it was good, but comparatively speaking Nazi Germany was much eviler in nature.  But, I'm more of the mind of Ernest and others here who put Democratic Kampuchea as the most evil nation on here.  You can't really measure "evil" in body counts, but more in the whole intent and proportionate scale of it.  Before anybody brings up the death count argument, keep in mind that the Khmer Rogue ruled for four years in Cambodia, FOUR F***ING YEARS MAN.  And look at what they accomplished!  Even the goddamn Vietnam government was outraged at Pol Pot enough to invade the country.  Yes, you read that right one evil regime invaded another evil regime to SAVE PEOPLE.

The 1979 Invasion of Cambodia is the definition of the Trope "Even Evil Has Standards".
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 09:02:30 AM »

Oh it could probably be included on here, if we are willing to put the British Empire down as evil.  I mean given that our nation has the same motivations as they did.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies