Most Unlikely Story (Canada/world)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:02:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  International What-ifs (Moderator: Dereich)
  Most Unlikely Story (Canada/world)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Most Unlikely Story (Canada/world)  (Read 3582 times)
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 23, 2012, 03:52:04 PM »

It all began one day when you, yes you, were reading an international what-if, on the US election atlas forum written by Teddy. "What a weird story, it'll never happen" was your comment upon finishing it, but little did you know, in the next lotto draw, Teddy managed to win the lotto just like in his story.

It took some time for Teddy's diabolical plan to work it's way out, but by the time it was over, his title of "Prime Minister of Canada" would look small in comparison to what he had achieved worldwide.

Even Al was flabbergast upon seeing everything fall into place. Interviewed by the media, many years later, he called the entire incident a "most unlikely story"
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 09:24:25 PM »

"I won? ... I won!!! Cheesy ... Squinting gotta keep control" Teddy's mind began racing as he won the lotto. "How many million... wow, that's a LOT of money" he said as he checked and re-checked.

It wouldn't be long before he marched down to the lotto offices at opening time. After a few hours, the money was his.

Teddy had long had an idea of trying to package the good feelings of his youth. After watching recent reviews of Earthbound by Roo at
http://www.clanofthegraywolf.com/16-bit-gems/10
and
http://www.clanofthegraywolf.com/16-bit-gems/11
Teddy was determined to recapture some of that good feeling.

Using his money, and with the endorsement of a small game making company, Teddy would set out to, and eventually successfully create, a video game that was able to do all of that. Using simplistic 16 bit graphics, the game was so large, and the world created so large, that it would draw people in for endless hours.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 08:32:10 AM »

Teddy set about making his game, which sold like hotcakes. It was called "Dreams" and was for the PC. With such low system requirements and a low production cost, most of the focus was on the story, and the game managed to not only be easy and cheap to obtain, but the focus was put on translation, and the game sold worldwide. Everyone under 30 loved the game and it was a larger success than even Teddy imagined it would be. The game was produced by Teddy's new company, Rhombus, which reaped the rewards.

With the profits, Teddy then went on to create the idea behind a movie "Bigger than Avatar!" he claimed. He hired psychologists to create a movie that would have a giant emotional impact on the audience, purposely trying to create something of this magnitude. Teddy was able to find a large movie studio willing to produce the movie with him, and after signing deals to protect his right to TV and Video game follow ups, Teddy released the movie "Dreams" in early 2014.

The movie was a huge success, with ads leading up to the movie causing such a draw that some theatres decided to show nothing but Dreams in it's opening weekend. Dreams managed 2.8 Billion in just its first 3 days, and with amazingly high reviews, moviegoers could not get enough, and the movie was forced to be shown in sports stadiums on special set up screens to accommodate the demand. With Billions in profits, Teddy would turn his attack on TV, and cement the relationships with people he had created though the game and movie. Teddy became a Mononymous person, Legally and culturally. With part of the movie focusing on a subtle political ideology, Teddy announced that he would run in the 2015 Canadian federal election, leading the Teddy Party. Polls showed that over 60% of Canadians backed the party.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 09:12:31 AM »

2015 would be the first Canadian election to use exit polling in a major way. With 100's reporting from every riding, news networks would slowly get used to predicting seat results, individually, at the close of the polls.

For 2015, news networks predicted the following.

saying they "guarantee" that the Teddy Party will take at least 303 seats, and that exit polling shows the party leading by at least 20% in all of them. Only 5 seats were "undecided", because the margin was under 20%.

As the night wore on, not only was the prediction proved to be correct, but exit polling showed an under-representation for the votes of the Teddy Party, due to higher than expected turnout in urban centres.

Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 09:19:50 AM »

Abitibi was the first to go in Quebec, with the Teddy Party taking just over 55% of the vote, edging out the NDP at 40%.

Next to fall was the Northwest Territories, with a martin of 52%-41% for the Teddy Party over the NDP.

Skeena also fell, with a margin of 50.01%-45.22% for the Teddy Party over the NDP.

Only two ridings were left, Nunavut, where the Teddy Party and the Conservatives were in for a fight, and Churchill River in Saskatchewan, where it was the NDP providing the challenge.

Nunavut would be the first to be knocked off, the first riding where the Teddy Party did not take 50%, being won by a margin of 48%-46%

Churchill River was a tough battle, and was the only riding in the country to go back and forth, with the NDP sometimes leading. The Teddy Party, while sweeping the south end of the riding, had failed to break though and win the votes of First Nations. The NDP had convinced those in the riding that it was either the Teddy Party, or the NDP, and not only were they faced with only one other candidate, the Conservative, but he withdrew mid-race to endorse the NDP.

The end results were the closest in the country.
47.22% for the Teddy Party
47.10% for the NDP
5.69% for the withdrawn Conservative.

A recount would only confirm these totals.

The Teddy Party had won all seats.

(NOTE FOR ARTISTIC LICENCE SAKE - THERE ARE ACTUALLY 338 RIDINGS, BUT THE MAPS USED WERE FOR THE 308 RIDINGS, THUS THE TOTAL WIN IS 338, NOT 308)
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 07:07:47 AM »

Teddy announced that with unanimous consent of the house of commons (despite it's not having met) that he would invite in 3 Senators. Two from the Tories and one Liberal.

Teddy already had two dozen Senators supporting his party; defections from other parties mostly, but the Liberals still had a larger caucus, and beyond that, the Tories held a majority in the Senate. Teddy knew that he would slowly win the chamber in election.

The 3 Senators in the house would be barred from voting, but could register their opposition. They would also be given full speaking rights, with only time limited so that no filibusters could occur. Question Period would feature the 3 as well.

Teddy would go on to pass electoral reform, and apply it retro-actively to the house...
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix
E: 10.00, S: -4.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2012, 01:30:44 AM »

Cool!
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2012, 02:01:47 AM »

Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2012, 11:29:53 PM »

Oh right, this.

Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2012, 11:43:09 PM »

Teddy's first act was electoral reform, expanding the size of the house. For every 5 members, an additional proportional member was added. The total number of these new seats would be 68. These members would be elected on a parallel basis. 42 of them were from the Teddy Party, while the other 26 were split among the opposition
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2012, 03:55:47 AM »

Dude, Teddy was banned.
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2012, 07:05:54 PM »

H

What?!  Why?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2012, 04:25:42 AM »

For threatening to stab Joe Republic (in a chat room).
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2012, 03:16:00 PM »

Why did he do that?  He's not even on the same side of the border...
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2012, 03:42:48 PM »

Because he was angry at him (and because he had mental health issues).
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2012, 04:21:26 PM »

Well I assumed that, but was it over something stupid like politics?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2012, 04:24:35 PM »

I recall Teddy telling me he was something like "one of the most despicable human beings ever, every time I see him post he gets me angry, I know he'd have no qualms about killing me"
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2012, 04:26:32 PM »

I recall Teddy telling me he was something like "one of the most despicable human beings ever, every time I see him post he gets me angry, I know he'd have no qualms about killing me"

Wtf...
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2012, 04:12:00 AM »

If I recall correctly, it had something to do with the BBCgate. I think Teddy took the joke way too seriously...
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2012, 03:36:36 PM »

If I recall correctly, it had something to do with the BBCgate. I think Teddy took the joke way too seriously...

Sorry I don't know too much about what goes on in chats and community, or if that's something real, I also don't know much about foreign politics.  What's BBCgate?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2012, 04:17:33 PM »

Sorry I don't know too much about what goes on in chats and community, or if that's something real, I also don't know much about foreign politics.  What's BBCgate?

Have a look at this (and have fun ! Tongue) https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=138655.0
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2012, 07:29:47 PM »

Have a look at this (and have fun ! Tongue) https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=138655.0

It sounds like a buncha angry kids who haven't had their medication....
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies