Protestants and Catholics: Who are more right-wing (in the US) on average? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:26:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Protestants and Catholics: Who are more right-wing (in the US) on average? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Protestants and Catholics: Who are more right-wing (in the US) on average?
Protestants

Catholics

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 33

Author Topic: Protestants and Catholics: Who are more right-wing (in the US) on average?  (Read 4171 times)
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« on: May 22, 2012, 10:05:25 AM »

The current vote is 16-1 Protestant-Catholic.

Gee, I wonder who the one vote could be?
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 03:03:59 PM »

Anyway, it's a moot point because religion is so tied to specific cultural contexts. For example, yes, in Europe Catholics tend to be more conservative than Protestants (but of course, the term "conservative" means something different in Europe than in the US!)

My point was, no matter how liberal or progressive your own American Protestant church is, it's still generally the exception to the rule. It'd be like saying, "It's pointless to try to compare Hispanic voting population with white non-Hispanic voting population because there's so much variation within those groups." Well yes, Captain Obvious, but that doesn't change the fact that, on average, a white non-Hispanic is going to be more likely to vote Republican than a person of Hispanic descent.

Hear hear!

Also, if I may be so bold I find it interesting how at times BRTD's mind seems to have the same mechanisms in place as that of an old era segregationist racist or white supremacist.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies