Official Democratic Primary Maps
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:41:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Official Democratic Primary Maps
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Official Democratic Primary Maps  (Read 686 times)
Taft
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 22, 2012, 11:04:17 PM »

Would it be possible to get official maps on the site for KY, WV, AR, LA, AL, NC, and OK at least?  I know that a lot of states are "paint in with 90%+" or didn't have contests, but in all of these Obama either lost counties outright (he may well have lost a CD in KY) or at least faced an opponent who thresholded (and as of the current results, he basically lost the out-of-major-city areas of both states...his statewide margin in AR is less than his margin in Pulaski County/Little Rock, and his margin in Kentucky is <1000 votes over his margin in Jefferson County).  Likewise, once you eliminate Oklahoma City and Tulsa, IIRC Oklahoma also had Obama under 50% in the rural areas.

Moreover, it's not necessarily win/lose that I'm interested in in and of itself...it's also the relatively broad areas where I suspect the not-Obama items (be they felonious, fringe, or uncommitted) racked up large shares of the vote.

I'd be willing to climb through the AP results when the dust settles and I get back from a vacation in early June (when we're probably going to want to add Texas to the list of "interesting maps" considering how rural Texas votes, not to mention the presence of a "live" primary there to ensure that there's likely to be a not-pro-Obama primary bloc coming out to vote).
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 11:18:58 PM »

Not including today yet:

It'll be updated in about an hour or so.
Taft
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 11:22:25 PM »

Excellent, and thank you very much.  My one-and-only request, and I apologize for even asking for this since it's probably very much a case of "looking gift horse in the mouth", would be to shift Judd to a less orange-ish color, since it makes WV a bit hard to look at (even if it makes for a cool continuum to look at after a fashion).  Maybe switch him and Rogers or manually add a different color?
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 12:15:51 AM »

Preliminary update.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 12:21:48 AM »

The five states where he lost many counties are the same ones that more or less trended against him in 2008 (except TN/KY). No surprises here.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2012, 12:23:18 AM »

The five states where he lost many counties are the same ones that more or less trended against him in 2008 (except TN/KY). No surprises here.

Yeah, nobody expects these states to be close anyway (except maybe Bandit).

It's much more encouraging that Obama does similar to 2008 in states that matter.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2012, 12:49:53 AM »

Great job on the map!

interesting - looks like Democrats in the Ozarks don't mind Obama so much.
Taft
Rookie

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2012, 12:51:17 AM »

All of these states trended against him, but it was WV, TN, LA, OK, and AR that actually swung against him.  However, I think AL and KY had the smallest trends in his direction/smallest trends in his favor.

TN is likely only off the list because of a mix of dumb luck, a live GOP primary, and no "live" primary down the ballot.

Quick note: Thanks for the switch on Judd.  It is much appreciated.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2012, 01:04:33 AM »

interesting - looks like Democrats in the Ozarks don't mind Obama so much.

White people in the Ozarks are traditionally Republican.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies