Is Jacques Chirac a conservative?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:59:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Is Jacques Chirac a conservative?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Poll
Question: Is he?
Yes

No

Maybe

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 40

Author Topic: Is Jacques Chirac a conservative?  (Read 12011 times)
Julien
Squidward
Rookie

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: January 17, 2005, 05:04:52 PM »

Maastricht: Je suis désolé. Ces Américains sont ennuyants.

Joe Republic, I know that TN2024 isn't responsible for all American misdeeds. He is just completely ignorant about everything.
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #76 on: January 17, 2005, 05:31:44 PM »

-If the Americans had come in sooner France would not have fallen and Hitler would not have instituted the Vichy government.

Sorry, but I'd rather say : "If France had at this time a real army (with planes and tanks) and modern plans (We're no more in 1914 guys ...), and a larger help from Great-Britain, I'm not sure France would have fallen, but it would have be a really long, long war, with a lot of causualties.  About the USA now I think we can criticize their laxism between 1939 and 1941 (don't tell me they weren't aware german army was much powerful than GB+France one.). France and GB had to wait Pearl Harbor to start to receive a concrete elp. If USA engaged war in 1939, the war would have maybe be over in 1943. But I still thank a lot american soldiers for what they did in 1944 and 1945

Brilliant!
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #77 on: January 17, 2005, 05:33:42 PM »

Joe Republic, I know that TN2024 isn't responsible for all American misdeeds. He is just completely ignorant about everything.

It is not I who is ignorant....

please, go look up in a history book how you massacred thousands of spanish innocents, its all there

But enough of this anyway
TX_1824
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.06, S: 2.17

« Reply #78 on: January 17, 2005, 05:36:42 PM »

Julien, I don't think all the French are annoying. It is that condisending attitude that makes people not like the French; and not just Americans. You are not the only one that speaks French around here. I speak German and Hebrew as well if you would like to try one of those. I love the French but I grow weary defending them against my fellow Americans.

I agree that we sold weapons to Saddam, but we didn't sell him nuclear reactors thus giving him the ability to develope a nuclear bomb. I lived in Israel in the easrly 80's. I didn't like the idea of America selling weapons to Saddam, but nuclear reactors frightened me. If your entire house/flat was the Arab/Muslim world of the Middle East, Israel would be the coffee cup in the middle.
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #79 on: January 17, 2005, 05:38:54 PM »

How about this, Chirac is a US liberal and perhaps a Continental European moderate or conservative
TX_1824
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #80 on: January 17, 2005, 05:46:56 PM »

If in 1938 British Prime Minister, Neville Chamberlain, along with French Prime Minister Edouard Daladier didn't appease Hitler when he wanted to annex the Sudetenland and instead went to war then Hitler may not have even made it to 1940-41 and 16 million Jews, Poles, Gypsies and other "non-desirables" would still be alive. But hindsight is always 20/20.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #81 on: January 17, 2005, 05:54:10 PM »

Okay first I must say this, Julien your Anti-American atitude was unaccounted for and you must stop immediately. The same goes for TJN2024. Julien don't defame us as a group because of one idiot, and TJN2024 don't defame the French as a whole either.

In response to the original question I must say that yes Jacques Chirac is a Conservative. While he may not be a conservative in the US, I would have to take a deeper look at his policies, he is a French Conservative and is on the right side of the spectrum none the less.

Julien please don't call all of us Americans annoying, especially in French.
TX_1824
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #82 on: January 17, 2005, 05:58:38 PM »

Okay first I must say this, Julien your Anti-American atitude was unaccounted for and you must stop immediately. The same goes for TJN2024. Julien don't defame us as a group because of one idiot, and TJN2024 don't defame the French as a whole either.

In response to the original question I must say that yes Jacques Chirac is a Conservative. While he may not be a conservative in the US, I would have to take a deeper look at his policies, he is a French Conservative and is on the right side of the spectrum none the less.

Julien please don't call all of us Americans annoying, especially in French.

I agree.
With regards to Chirac, I believe he is a conservative in the European political context. Here in the States he would be a moderate Republican if not slightly Liberitarian.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #83 on: January 17, 2005, 06:12:20 PM »

I can speak English better than you! Yes, keep telling yourself the WMD's are somewhere. The U.S. government ended the search! They have basically admitted they were not there. So what if you are from Connecticut? You are still a stupid Texas redneck. Don't you have a rodeo to go to? Or maybe a hoedown? Get in any bar fights lately?

nice to find evidence that the french are every bit as sophisticated and open-minded and kind and accepting and warm as everyone thinks they are, mon ami.  Beat up on any Muslims or Jews lately too?  Good too see you still have enough bigotry and vitriol left over for us yanks.  Keep up the good work.

oh, and I vote yes also. 
Tory

« Reply #84 on: January 17, 2005, 06:22:56 PM »

As much as I dislike France, I think that Julien had every right to respond in the way he did.
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #85 on: January 17, 2005, 06:24:22 PM »

As much as I dislike France, I think that Julien had every right to respond in the way he did.

So was I unjustified after he called me an inbred redneck tory?
Tory

« Reply #86 on: January 17, 2005, 06:27:10 PM »

So was I unjustified after he called me an inbred redneck tory?

Don't try that. You called him a frog first, and then a papist. You should be ashamed.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #87 on: January 17, 2005, 06:28:49 PM »

sure, probably no religious minorities to hassle, so why not pick on an american.  good show.  I get it.

There is no excuse for that sh**t on this forum.  A right, as you say, but no excuse.  Not even for a filthy unwashed hairy-armpit effeminate beret-wearing, moldy-cheese eating, stinky-breath uncircumsized headcheese bastard like that.  No excuse.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #88 on: January 17, 2005, 06:31:55 PM »

mother er is named after a way you cut potato.  dickwad.   probably has enough cheese under his uncut forskin to spread on a sourdough batard and and still have enough left over for dinner.
Tory

« Reply #89 on: January 17, 2005, 06:33:38 PM »

sure, probably no religious minorities to hassle, so why not pick on an american.  good show.  I get it.

There is no excuse for that sh**t on this forum.  A right, as you say, but no excuse.  Not even for a filthy unwashed hairy-armpit effeminate beret-wearing, moldy-cheese eating, stinky-breath uncircumsized headcheese bastard like that.  No excuse.

TN clearly started it, don't single Julien out simply because you dislike his country. The question was whether or not Chirac was a conservative. TN2024 then proceeded to insult France. Julien then started to talk about the Iraq war. At that point TN called Julien a stupid frog. That's when Julien went into his dialogue. Later TN reffered to Julien as a papist.

Angus, please read the thread before you comment.
Tory

« Reply #90 on: January 17, 2005, 06:34:57 PM »

mother f**cker is named after a way you cut potato.  dickwad.   probably has enough cheese under his uncut forskin to spread on a sourdough batard and and still have enough left over for dinner.

That's way out of line. Your comments are far worse than anything Julien said.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #91 on: January 17, 2005, 06:36:54 PM »

hopefully.

and that's the point.

kill my dog, so I'll kill your cat?  that the philosophy on this forum.

I hope I have demonstrated where that kind of mentality can lead.

quod erat demonstrandum.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #92 on: January 17, 2005, 06:37:47 PM »

There is no excuse for that sh**t on this forum. A right, as you say, but no excuse. Not even for a filthy unwashed hairy-armpit effeminate beret-wearing, moldy-cheese eating, stinky-breath uncircumsized headcheese bastard like that. No excuse.
mother f**cker is named after a way you cut potato. dickwad. probably has enough cheese under his uncut forskin to spread on a sourdough batard and and still have enough left over for dinner.

There is no excuse for any sort of sh*t on this forum, troll.
Tory

« Reply #93 on: January 17, 2005, 06:39:33 PM »

hopefully.

and that's the point.

kill my dog, so I'll kill your cat?  that the philosophy on this forum.

I hope I have demonstrated where that kind of mentality can lead.

quod erat demonstrandum.

Julien was correct to defend his nation, race, and religion. I would have responded in the way he did ten-fold.
ThePrezMex
Mexico

Political Matrix
E: 5.25, S: -1.69

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #94 on: January 17, 2005, 06:42:22 PM »

Angus, you went totally out of line with those comments. I hope you delete them.

I think there are very sensible ways to debate the differences in policy between the United States and France. Trying to disqualify the history of both countries is certainly not one.
I think we need to be more thoughtful in this forum, it is after all a forum of very young people that will sometime be in the places of Chirac and Bush, so it would make sense to try to understand each other better instead of just exchanging insults.

Julien did not started it by the way.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #95 on: January 17, 2005, 06:49:39 PM »

first, for all you know, TN may have a long mullet, in which case (even if he is a farmer!) the sun may not turn his neck red.  Or he may be olive-complexioned, in which case his neck may be brown. 

second of all, he is right to defend his nation, race, religion.  as am I to defend my nation.  however, neither julien nor I were actually defending, were we.  we were bored, anxious (dare I say froggy, which is american slang for "ready to fight"), and feisty.  so why not resort to insult?  you equate insult with defense?  I doubt it.  Have I offended you?  I only meant to specifically offend Julien, and to offer a taste of the medicine he willingly delivers. 

third, I have consistently defended the French against irrational attacks of character on this forum.  But it is difficult to do so when one of their own makes exactly the sort of uninformed, bigoted remarks he made.  Neither TN nor julien showed much character on this forum.  and I rather arbitrarily chose to attack only one of them, based exactly on the nationalistic tendency to which you acutely refer.  His comments were of the basest sort, and had more than a hint of arrogance.  This was a little surprising, as I have read his previous comments and found that latest one to bit just a bit out of character. 

I am not so familiar with TN or his posts, so it wouldn't be prudent at this juncture to assail him.  I reserve the right to do so at a later time.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #96 on: January 17, 2005, 06:52:45 PM »

clearly, my remarks have offended many, and are not welcome, so I will desist.

bon soir, et adieu.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #97 on: January 17, 2005, 07:27:41 PM »
« Edited: January 17, 2005, 07:35:47 PM by John Ford »

Congratulations to Julien for being in this seven page argument, I'm pretty sure that's the toughest fight ever put up by a French man (Note: Napolean was Corsican which isn't really French, and Joan d'Arc was a woman, so technically its true).

Chirac is in fact a conservative, but he also abides by the traditional French foreign policy of blaming French national failure on America and their McDonalds, which doesn't even use fresh cheese (or as they say in France, "Fresh fromage")!  He is the failed leader of a failed nation, he can have is double digit unemployment, collapsing pension system, and "granduer", I'm perfectly happy with my growing GDP and a version of football that barely involves my feet.  Sixty years ago, we saved the world while the French practiced speaking German, today we save it while they practice speaking Arabic.

Btw, I don't hate all French.  As I said, there's ntohing wrong with their women, and I feel its my duty when I encounter one to teach them what its like to sleep with a  winner.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #98 on: January 17, 2005, 07:33:29 PM »

nah, can't let it go.  sorry.  look at this!  Tory, you say you'd defend your people, well we defend ours as well.  perhaps it is this excellent Cote-du-rhone-villages that I'm drinking that goes to my head (after all, it is a national holiday here, and the little lady is lactating copiously and has my son, Louis, that's Lu-eee as we prefer the acadianne pronunciation to the english) but I say that deserves a retort.  you yanks ought to be goddamned ashamed of yourselves for taking that crap offa him.  Especially the republicans!  He's impugning all of us, you know.  John, you're too cool for school.  your comments were the only mature ones on the last several pages.  But really, that sort of bigoted statement is exactly the sort that gets us hot under the collar.

oh, and the corsicans still hate the french and would like nothing more than to see them off their islands.  Bush has my support if he decides a "liberation" there.  Ask me tomorrow, when I'm sober, and I may not feel this way, but for now I say let's do it.  Remind them how a bunch of hillbillies (the type they met at Dien ben Phu) can kick their asses.

Go Vietnamese hillbillies!
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #99 on: January 17, 2005, 08:00:55 PM »

I don't know why everyone is angry at Angus. He just made some personal observations. I personally thought they were hilarious, but that's just me:)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies